• 2011movements-fsm discussion

  • Methodology: for our meetings on Mumble

    from daniseco on Dec 27, 2012 08:15 PM
    Hi, a friend from Barcelona proposed (with good sight, in my opinion) that we organize our Mumble meetings in Open Space format, i.e., not having everyone talk about everything but dividing in rooms to discuss different topics and then putting the conclussions in common. Just for the case that someone disagrees with the conclussions then we can have a final space for open mic together again to discuss what has come from each submeeting.

    So the dynamics would be:
    1. Talk about things that need to be treated by everyone, for instance, .
    2. Present to everyone the different topics to be treated in small groups (ideally no less than 5, no more than 10 people per group).
    3. Open turn for proposing more groups or convergences between groups or priorities, etc.
    4. Divide in groups and deal with a few questions each.
    5. Write down conclussions of each meeting.
    6. Come altogether and explain the conclussions from each meeting.
    7. Discuss these conclussions together.
    8. Other topics that need to be treated by everyone.
    9. Next session: date, time, place, format, others.

    Thread Outline:
  • Re: Methodology: for our meetings on Mumble

    from Mikifus on Dec 27, 2012 08:55 PM
    Hi,

    This methodology was already used on the Mumble meetings for the 12M15M
    campaign, where almost 200 people were in the meeting at the same time. I
    wasn't there but the results were quite good.

    You can read more about Open Space in this link:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open-space_technology#Ideal_initial_conditions

    The group of dinamization for 12M15M did a lot of work to get the meetings
    working. Ternura must have the minutes and interesting information, the
    email of the group is: dinamization12m15m@...

    2012/12/27 Daniel Seco <dsf_cm@...>

    > Hi, a friend from Barcelona proposed (with good sight, in my opinion) that
    > we organize our Mumble meetings in Open Space format, i.e., not having
    > everyone talk about everything but dividing in rooms to discuss different
    > topics and then putting the conclussions in common. Just for the case
    > that someone disagrees with the conclussions then we can have a final space
    > for open mic together again to discuss what has come from each submeeting.
    >
    > So the dynamics would be:
    > 1. Talk about things that need to be treated by everyone, for instance, .
    > 2. Present to everyone the different topics to be treated in small groups
    > (ideally no less than 5, no more than 10 people per group).
    > 3. Open turn for proposing more groups or convergences between groups or
    > priorities, etc.
    > 4. Divide in groups and deal with a few questions each.
    > 5. Write down conclussions of each meeting.
    > 6. Come altogether and explain the conclussions from each meeting.
    > 7. Discuss these conclussions together.
    > 8. Other topics that need to be treated by everyone.
    > 9. Next session: date, time, place, format, others.
    >

    > --
    > Archive: http://openfsm.net/[…]/1356639310601<http://openfsm.net/projects/2011movements-fsm-wsf/lists/2011movements-fsm-wsf-discussion/archive/2012/12/1356639310601>

    • Re: Methodology: for our meetings on Mumble

      from mariangela on Dec 27, 2012 09:16 PM
      I think we could build up this methodology but at the moment we are a little group
      and I think for the next meeting on the 3rd we have to carry on with the points we didnt discuss in the previous meeting

      For the following one could be good to try this format
      mariangela