• 2011movements-fsm discussion

  • A website for our initiative: www.global-square.net

    from Jasper on Jan 14, 2013 10:24 PM
    Hi all,

    Please have a look at the website: http://www.global-square.net

    Not everything may work perfectly, and more things can be added of
    course! Let me know if you have any problems. Everybody is invited to
    contribute articles, photos, videos etc.

    grts jasper

    Here's a quick overview:

    *C**ontent*

    There are pages "About" and "Join", these can be edited along the way...
    There's a blog for news and opinion articles, and of course all the info
    about our Mumble meetings. I slightly edited the minutes to make them
    more readable, but there's always a link to the original pad at the bottom.

    *Collaborate*

    As a tool for initiatives everybody can start a group (you have to
    register first, it's easy). Just check it out here:
    http://www.global-square.net/groups/

    *Translations*

    As an experiment, we'll try to use a tool where everybody can directly
    start to work on translations without the need to log in. See how you
    can help translating in just a few clicks:
    http://www.global-square.net/translate/

    *Layout**and more*

    The site has no logo yet, and personally I think that's fine, but let us
    know if you have suggestions. Orsan and me just discussed about a
    tagline (below the name): "From the squares to the World Social Forum in
    Tunis, and back...". Well, what do you think? In the background you see
    a map of interconnected famous squares, I was thinking to add an easy
    way for visitors to suggest more squares and locations to be added to
    the map... And there are many more options for the future :-)

    Anyway, if you want to join the group of editors and contributors to the
    site, register and subscribe to:
    http://www.global-square.net/groups/website-development/

    Thread Outline:
  • Re: A website for our initiative: www.global-square.net

    from andreaIO on Jan 17, 2013 02:54 AM
    your website is great!

    just fyi i submitted a proposal for an activity on the wsf website tonight on behalf of InterOccupy. Myself, Michael Badger, Jackrabbit and Larry Swetman will be coming to Tunis for the forum. We are working on crowd funding our airfare and accommodations which we were thinking of arranging through airbnb.com. If you have any advice on what neighborhoods to stay in or any discounted options that we can arrange from the states it would be greatly appreciated

    this is our proposal - we are definitely interested in your thoughts and if/how we can work together while in Tunis and obviously before and after the forum.

    Host a panel discussion at the forum about the question of whether building a global networking and communications commons is something social movements want, and if so, engage others to work with us on it from the ground up using open democratic consensus-based processes.

    We will also present our work in the movement which has involved developing processes for:

    1. democratic, horizontal communication
    2. building and managing a unique technical platform that encourages collaboration on issues across wide distances
    3. creating a decentralized news distribution system,
    4. national and global days of action, and
    5. assisting with regional and national gatherings for Occupy.

    We have learned a lot from our experience that we would like to share at the forum. We would also like to meet others from across the world working on similar initiatives in order to build cross-continental lines of open and democratic communication.

    1. Share our experience and work so that other movements can learn from what we have done.

    2. Learn directly from other popular movement groups about their strategies for building communication and networking.

    3. Connect with others from around the world so that we can start the process of developing a global communication platform that can be used to build worldwide solidarity issues that affect us all.

    xx

    On Jan 14, 2013, at 5:21 PM, jasper teunissen <jasperteunissen@...> wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > Please have a look at the website: http://www.global-square.net
    >
    > Not everything may work perfectly, and more things can be added of course! Let me know if you have any problems. Everybody is invited to contribute articles, photos, videos etc.
    >
    > grts jasper
    >
    > Here's a quick overview:
    >
    > Content
    >
    > There are pages "About" and "Join", these can be edited along the way... There's a blog for news and opinion articles, and of course all the info about our Mumble meetings. I slightly edited the minutes to make them more readable, but there's always a link to the original pad at the bottom.
    >
    > Collaborate
    >
    > As a tool for initiatives everybody can start a group (you have to register first, it's easy). Just check it out here: http://www.global-square.net/groups/
    >
    > Translations
    >
    > As an experiment, we'll try to use a tool where everybody can directly start to work on translations without the need to log in. See how you can help translating in just a few clicks: http://www.global-square.net/translate/
    >
    > Layout and more
    >
    > The site has no logo yet, and personally I think that's fine, but let us know if you have suggestions. Orsan and me just discussed about a tagline (below the name): "From the squares to the World Social Forum in Tunis, and back...". Well, what do you think? In the background you see a map of interconnected famous squares, I was thinking to add an easy way for visitors to suggest more squares and locations to be added to the map... And there are many more options for the future :-)
    >
    > Anyway, if you want to join the group of editors and contributors to the site, register and subscribe to: http://www.global-square.net/groups/website-development/
    >

    > --
    > Archive: http://openfsm.net/[…]/1358202275488

    • Re: A website for our initiative: www.global-square.net

      from VIA22 on Jan 17, 2013 02:58 AM
      Great initiative Andrea and all of you! It would be amazing if you could
      make it to our next meeting on the 27th, as we could talk about this
      workshop and maybe see how we could spread the word about it.

      I'm really looking forward to meet you all!

      Carminda

      On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 9:51 PM, Andrea Ciannavei <
      andrea.ciannavei@...> wrote:

> [...]
      >
      > *Translations*
      >
      > As an experiment, we'll try to use a tool where everybody can directly
      > start to work on translations without the need to log in. See how you can
      > help translating in just a few clicks:
      > http://www.global-square.net/translate/
      >
      > *Layout** and more*
      >
      > The site has no logo yet, and personally I think that's fine, but let us
      > know if you have suggestions. Orsan and me just discussed about a tagline
      > (below the name): "From the squares to the World Social Forum in Tunis, and
      > back...". Well, what do you think? In the background you see a map of
      > interconnected famous squares, I was thinking to add an easy way for
      > visitors to suggest more squares and locations to be added to the map...
      > And there are many more options for the future :-)
      >
      > Anyway, if you want to join the group of editors and contributors to the

      *VIA22Global*
      www.via22.org
      Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/VIA22GLOBAL
      Twitter : @VIA22GLOBAL #VIA22

  • Re: A website for our initiative: www.global-square.net

    from mariangela on Jan 17, 2013 09:47 AM
    Hi
    I would like to give a hand with the website if you put me as administrator
    and I would like to know if the website group meet an hour earlier tonight in order to discuss and prepare a proposal for the meeting
    mariangela

    • A website for our initiative: www.global-square.net

      from pierre on Jan 17, 2013 01:46 PM
      hello
      i cannot be before but am interested too ( i joined the  website group days
      ago but did not receive any info,  is there a mailing list system
      associated with the groups ?)
      Pierre