• 2011movements-fsm discussion

  • network and organize around a systemic long term hybirde direct action (strhackathon) to disturb all forms of domination

    from ÖrsanŞenalp on Apr 18, 2014 11:44 AM
    friends, we were trying to formulate a concept here: http://gnunion.wordpress.com/2014/04/02/global-networked-and-united-wikistrikes-gnunion-call-for-a-ride-with-the-worldwide-waveofaction/#more-154
    to create space that would bridge indignados, hackers, occupiers and labour tech activists created a workgoup on Organizing Network (a lorea node created by union-hacking comrades).

    What we want to do is to bring several creative and doable ideas together as part of a 6 month long proces of networking, mapping, datajamming, hence systemic trust-solidairty and action building.

    Such process can also be seen and formulated as an hackaton to create and interlink best tools and tactic developed (or inprogress) for transnational and translocal organizing and solidairty. One of these is an inteactive collaborative network mapping (see graph commons: http://graphcommons.com/) to map occupations and projects.

    At the moment trying to put together a framing text in form of an anonymous-video-message (launching Operation #MetaStrike), to relase it in coming days before the mayfirst and launch it publicy on May Day.

    We like to invite all interested in collaborating to join in the open working spaces, links can be found on this titanpad: http://titanpad.com/metastrike

    any one like to join in preparatory chat this will be via off the record using jabber, the chat group is named: #systemichackastrike
    if you like to join this chat you need to get and jabber account and download pidgin or similar otrc software here: http://prism-break.org/en/

    If you need assistance email me directly.

    Solidarity and resistance!

    Orsan

    Thread Outline:
  • Re: network and organize around a systemic long term hybirde direct action (strhackathon) to disturb all forms of domination

    from ÖrsanŞenalp on Apr 18, 2014 01:28 PM
    below is what is updated on the titanpad now, includng a list of
    interlocking nodes, and links to form a base for the hackathon:

    "Objective:
    The target of the meeting is to figure out or discuss overall
    organisational tactics or strategies as well as creating best
    combinations of commons tools for all autonomous groups' use. So that
    all networks and nodes which would link up on the road, while thay
    would be benefiting from the commons resources they could be able to
    adopt their self-determined strategies and tactics.

    Please invite interested with relevant skills for the open preparatory
    process taking place till May First and after that the process of
    collaboration.

    The idea is to use alternative floss tools along the way, and invite -
     inform - assist those interested in collaborating. So we will be
    using the tools like N-1 and The Organizing Network on Lorea,
    BigBlueButton (BBB) conferecing system hosted by May First-People Link
    and made accesible on Union Solidarity International's website.
    Gpraphcommons interactive network mapping tools. There will take place
    chats on Jabber based OTR room. Please do consider collaborating and
    feel free to spread the word and invite others who might be interested
    in this process.

    Proposed tasks
    The below are some initial tasks needs to be discusses and taken further.
    1. Collection and creation of pool for strike ideas

        hack-strike marathon for 6 months to map existing networks via
    interactive network mapping tool (graphcommons.com)

    building up a basis list of large fb, twitter, google plus accounts,
    key bloggers, and media links, for the hackaton

    and

    3. Collection and creation of material, audio, video, posters, caps..
    4. Preparing or spreading basic multi-lingual pads or tutors prepared
    for twitter storms and online mobilisation
    5. Intelligence - leaks working group (on PRISM contractors, largest
    147 TNCs, and net-exploiters like Amazon MechanicalTurk).

    Open work spaces
    The Organizing Network on Lorea: https://on.usilive.org/
    FB Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/592354280856293/?ref=5
    Pad: http://titanpad.com/metastrike
    Jabber Chat Room: #systemichackastrike  (domain: jabber.no-sense.net)
    BigBlueButton:
    1. Browse to https://usilive.org/
    2. Login, register or connect via one of your social media accounts.
    3. Scroll-down and see on the right hand column 'BIGBLUBUTTON' window.
    4. Chose 'Union Meeting' in the 'Meeting:' bar and click join

    StrikeHackaton network data

    Frormat [alphabetical]: Name project - web links - twitter acounts and
    hashtags)

    Research-exchange-activism networks
    BISA – IPEG Work Group: http://www.bisa-ipeg.org/
    ClassWarU:  http://classwaru.org/
    Critical Studies of Global Capitalism: http://netglobalcapitalism.wordpress.com/
    Critical Political Economy R.N: http://criticalpoliticaleconomy.net/
    Critical Labour Studies: http://criticallabourstudies.org.uk/site/
    De-Growth Network: http://www.degrowth.org/
    Digital Labour: http://digitallabor.org/
    Dynamics of Virtual Work: http://dynamicsofvirtualwork.com/
    Economics and Commons: http://commonsandeconomics.org/
    Edu-Factory: http://www.edu-factory.org/wp/
    Free Culture Forum: http://fcforum.net/
    Hypermedia Research Centre: http://www.hrc.wmin.ac.uk/
    Global Labour Institute: http://www.global-labour.org/
    Global Labour Institute-UK: http://global-labour.net/
    Institute of Distributed Creativity: http://distributedcreativity.org/
    Institute of Network Cultures: http://networkcultures.org/
    LabourTech: http://labortech.net/conferences/
    Net-time: http://www.nettime.org/
    Networked Politics: http://www.networked-politics.info/
    Networked Labour: http://www.networkedlabour.net/
    Oekonux: http://en.wiki.oekonux.org/Oekonux
    Playbour: http://digitallabor.org/
    P2P Foundation: http://blog.p2pfoundation.net/
    Ruskin Collage: http://www.ruskin.ac.uk/
    Transit Labour: http://transitlabour.asia/
    Transnational Institute: http://www.tni.org/
    Uni-Nomad: http://www.uninomade.org/
    Waag Society: http://waag.org/en
    Workers’ Control: http://www.workerscontrol.net/

    Magazines, journals
    Communication, Capitalism & Critique (Triple C): http://www.triple-c.at
    E-Flux: http://www.e-flux.com/
    Ephemera: http://www.ephemerajournal.org/
    Fibreculture: http://www.fibreculture.org/
    Interface: http://www.interfacejournal.net/
    Journal of Peer Production: http://peerproduction.net/
    Meta Mute: http://www.metamute.org
    Multitute: http://www.multitudes.net/
    Neural: http://www.neural.it/
    Rhizome: http://rhizome.org/
    Processed World: http://www.processedworld.com/
    Telepolis: http://www.heise.de/tp/english/default.html
    The Commoner: http://www.commoner.org.uk
    Work Organisation Labour and Globalisation:
    http://www.analyticapublications.co.uk/

    Labour-union-activism networks
    99Pickets: http://99pickets.org/
    99PicketLines: http://99picketlines.tumblr.com/
    Alliance of Progressive Labour (Philippines): http://www.apl.org.ph/
    DeVakBeweging Vrijwillegers [Union movement volunteers]:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/devakbewegingvrijwilligers/, 619
    volunteer Dutch unionists exchanging information
    New Unionism Network: http://www.newunionism.net/join.htm, more than
    700 members
    May Day Directory (Occupy General Strike):
    http://occupywallst.org/article/may-day/
    Sendikal İletişim [Union Communication]:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/179911352070114/, open group with 1238
    member, aim at direct communication between Turkish unionists
    Social Media Club FNV:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/socialmediaclubfnv/, 225 members from
    Dutch unions affiliated to FNV, aim direct exchange on social media
    The Organizing Network: https://on.usilive.org/
    Turkish Unionists:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/turkishtradeunions/, 467 members from
    Turkish and international unions
    Unionbook: http://www.unionbook.org/,

    Cooperative-peer production-worker’s control (hacker-maker-alter-farming)
    Nowtopia: http://www.processedworld.com/carlsson/nowtopia_web/software.shtml
    Global Guerillas:
    Global Villages Network: http://www.globalvillages.info/
    Open Source Ecologies: http://opensourceecology.org/
    Mat First/People Link: https://mayfirst.org/
    Las Indias: http://english.lasindias.com/
    Telekomuunisten:

    Hacker networks and spaces
    Chaos Computer Club:
    Crypto-Parties:
    List of Hacker Spaces:
    Kein.org:

    Other ‘Interlocking’ projects and blogs
    16 Beaver (Gene et, al.):
    Cyberunions (Walton Patland and Stephan Mahood): https://cyberunions.org/
    Digital Activism #Now (Paolo Gerbaudo): http://www.digitalactivismnow.org/about/
    Dyne (Jaromil Roio): http://www.dyne.org/
    EuroMarches (Alex Foti):
    (Andrew Ross):
    (Tiziana Terranova):
    Fly WheelCollective: http://www.flywheelcollective.com/
    Home cooked theory (Melissa Gregg):
     (Metthieu O'Neil):
    Keinform.de (Stefan Maretz, Christian Siefkes):
    Nowtopia (Chris Carlsson):
    Online creation Communities (Mayo Fuster Morell):
    Orgnet (Ned Rositter): http://nedrossiter.org/ and http://orgnets.net/
    Social Network Unionism (Örsan Şenalp): http://snuproject.wordpress.com/
    Digital Labour (Trebor Schulz):
    Telekommunisten (Dymtri Kleiner):

    Political alliances convergence and networking
    Alter-Summit:
    Agora 99:
    Blockupy:
    European Social Forum:
    Firenze 10+10:
    GlobalSquare-Net:
    Joint Social Conference:
    World Social Forum:
    The Global Square:

    P2P-F Wiki: Catagory Labour
    http://p2pfoundation.net/Category:Labor?title=Category:Labor&pageuntil=Mitch+Altman+on+What+is+a+Hacker#mw-pages

    On 18 April 2014 13:37, Örsan Şenalp <orsan1234@...> wrote:
    > friends, we were trying to formulate a concept here: http://gnunion.wordpress.com/2014/04/02/global-networked-and-united-wikistrikes-gnunion-call-for-a-ride-with-the-worldwide-waveofaction/#more-154
    > to create space that would bridge indignados, hackers, occupiers and labour tech activists created a workgoup on Organizing Network (a lorea node created by union-hacking comrades).
    >
    > What we want to do is to bring several creative and doable ideas together as part of a 6 month long proces of networking, mapping, datajamming, hence systemic trust-solidairty and action building.
    >
    > Such process can also be seen and formulated as an hackaton to create and interlink best tools and tactic developed (or inprogress) for transnational and translocal organizing and solidairty. One of these is an inteactive collaborative network mapping (see graph commons: http://graphcommons.com/) to map occupations and projects.
    >
    > At the moment trying to put together a framing text in form of an anonymous-video-message (launching Operation #MetaStrike), to relase it in coming days before the mayfirst and launch it publicy on May Day.
    >
    > We like to invite all interested in collaborating to join in the open working spaces, links can be found on this titanpad: http://titanpad.com/metastrike
    >
    > any one like to join in preparatory chat this will be via off the record using jabber, the chat group is named: #systemichackastrike
    > if you like to join this chat you need to get and jabber account and download pidgin or similar otrc software here: http://prism-break.org/en/
    >
    > If you need assistance email me directly.
    >
    > Solidarity and resistance!
    >
    > Orsan

  • Re: [Squares] network and organize around a systemic long term hybirde direct action (strhackathon) to disturb all forms of domination

    from "Projeto Agorá Brasil" on Apr 19, 2014 07:59 AM
    THANK Y'ALL!!!

    Think Tank!

    The 'dikê' (Justice) is to speak of Free Software! No more speaking of
    surveillance NO speaking of cyberalternatives.

    Sharing Awareness about our context, conjecture of circumstances, The Real
    World Which Is. Lack the truth when they keep talking of surveillance,
    they do not want to lose market of the proprietary software.

    We Fight Against The Technological Dependence Because We Know The Way Of
    Revolution is Liberating Software for many infotechnological innovations
    to the Human Sustainability.

    No Free Software, they'll only to keep fight unable to overcome
    difficulties they face and protests seem to repeat all the years, only
    aggravating situations each year after more years.

    #GNUNION