• 2011movements-fsm discussion

  • REMINDER: international #NOTTIP twitter storm tomorrow morning!

    from Vica on Jul 15, 2014 09:19 AM

    INTERNATIONAL NOTTIP TWITTER STORM

    The 6th round of TTIP negotiations will be held in Brussels from the 14th to the 18th of July.

    This is the time to make our voices heard.
    To expose what is trying to be kept secret.
    To force the main stream media to cover it.
    To inform people what threat it poses for our future and that of the planet.
    To spread the call to action of the 11th of October.
    To inspire citizens to fight back.

    Let’s show how many of us want this agreement to stop now.

    Join the international twitter storm…and make your voice heard!

    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

    How does it work?

    Wednesday the 16th we will start tweeting all together with the same # at the same time (9am UTC/GMT, 10am UK, 11am Central Europe, 12pm Eastern Europe*)

    *time converter: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

    If we are enough, we might trend, if not, we will still reach many people!

    What #? What shall I tweet?

    Just before the agreed time we will update the link below with the common # and suggested tweets.
    https://actionttip.titanpad.com/3
    Do copy and paste them as much as you like, they are for everyone to use!

    But of course, do improvise during the storm. The more tweets the better, as long as we all use the same #.

    What can we do to make the # trend?

    DO invite as many people as possible to participate.
    DO start on time, not to early, not to late.
    DO use the same suggested #
    DON’T retweet - that won’t make it trend.
    DO copy&paste...steal the tweets!

    - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

    What can I do to get people involved?

    1. Invite people to the event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/560514777392625/

    2. Forward this email through your networks

    3. Send the following direct message to some of your followers, especially those with large accounts!

    Join the twitterstorm against TTIP on July 16. Here is public pad where the # will be shared 1/2 an hour before: https://actionttip.titanpad.com/3

    4. Promote the twitterstorm through twitter and facebook

    Thread Outline:
  • Occupy National Gathering Press Briefing Call, July 31

    from Liz on Jul 30, 2014 01:58 PM
    Hello,

    I would like to invite you to attend the Occupy National Gathering (NatGat) National Press Call on July 31, 3-4pm EST (noon-1 PST).  The idea is to connect journalists with activists, who are doing interesting actions all across the world.  The call will open with everyone having 1 minute to introduce themselves.  Each activist will then have up to 5 minutes to detail their activism and organization.  After all the activists have reported, we solicit questions from  journalists for any of the activists, with each activist to give a short reply and providing contact information for any follow-up conversations.

    Last year's call from NatGat2 in Kalamazoo, MI had reports from activists all over the United States.  The NatGat is being held this year in Sacramento, CA from July 31 - Aug 3.

    More information about the call, including information on how to register, is below from Dean Edwards, the call's producer.  I also have included international call numbers below.  I can provide Mumble connection information for the call as well - just email me.
    I hope that you will join us!

    Peace,

    Liz Myers
    Co-Host Air Occupy Radio Show
    Cell: 386-214-9551
    Email: liz@...
    Webpage: www.AirOccupy.com
    Twitter: @AirOccupy
    Podcast:  OccupytheMedia.Podomatic.com

    Air Occupy is a tax-exempt, nonprofit media organization dedicated to independent media.  We receive no revenue from advertising so that we can provide our audience with completely unbiased information.  To donate to Air Occupy, please go to our website www.AirOccupy.com.  Thank you for your support!

    ------
    International access numbers for Maestro are:

    # Austria: 082 04 000 1505
    Belgium: +32 7 035 4807
    France: +33 8 21 61 05 86
    Germany: +49 1803 002 073
    # Holland: 0870 001 980
    # Ireland: 0818 270 066
    # Italy: 848 391 844
    Poland: +48 80 100 3524
    South Africa: +27 87 550 0677
    Spain: +34 902 881 203
    # Sweden: 0939 2066 500
    Switzerland: +41 84 820 7427
    UK: +44 844 4733032

    Webphone (WebRTC)
    Webphone (old)
    (415) 537-8307
    MC Dialer - Mac
    MC Dialer - Windows

    * Skype: mcdirect1
    * Australia: +61 28 011 4954
    * Chile: +56 2570 9889
    * Denmark: +45 3693 4670
    * Finland: +358 92 316 4593
    * Hong Kong: +852 8199 0473
    * Hungary: +36 21 252 3870
    * Mexico: +52 558 421 4214
    * Sweden: +46 85 016 4384
    * UK: +44 207 1931545
    * (408) 228-4919

    # This number can be called only from within the country.

    * These dial-in numbers are provided by Skype. The reliability is lower than
    our other numbers, and there is a capacity limitation of 25 callers total
    across all of these numbers.

    Begin forwarded message: