• 2011movements-fsm discussion

  • the future of global square / proposals and mumble call

    from Jasper on Oct 05, 2014 04:21 PM
    Hi all,

    At the mumble meeting of september and the Blockupy meeting in Brussels
    one week ago some of us talked about the future of Global Square.

    We would like to open the discussion about the possibilities of
    participation in the WSF in Tunis in march 2015 and the WSF in Quebec in
    2016. Do we want to do something like Global Square again? What worked
    and what didn't work? How do we want to relate to the wider WSF process?

    Without having an answer to these questions we would like to propose to
    revive the process of international communication by:
    1) having monthly assemblies on mumble to share info on what is going on
    everywhere and to see how we can participate in the WSF and/or other
    moments.
    2) rebuilding the global-square.net <http://global-square.net> website,
    as a tool for communication and organising, including instructions for
    mumble and a list of international mobilisations.

    Let us know what you think, as we would like to work out these proposals
    with everyone who is interested.
    We propose to have a Mumble online meeting in the week of Oct 13 - Oct
    19, please fill in this doodle to plan the best day:
    http://doodle.com/yf82fst6eqxqtfiu

    greetings Orsan, Marita, Jasper

    Thread Outline:
  • Urgent Important: the future of global square / proposals and mumble call

    from mariangela on Oct 08, 2014 09:02 AM
    Please Please Please
    El 05/10/2014, a las 18:08, jasper teunissen escribió:

    Let's participate in the doodle to find a day for a meeting on mumble
    Marita

    Hi all,

    At the mumble meeting of september and the Blockupy meeting in Brussels one week ago some of us talked about the future of Global Square.

    We would like to open the discussion about the possibilities of participation in the WSF in Tunis in march 2015 and the WSF in Quebec in 2016. Do we want to do something like Global Square again? What worked and what didn't work? How do we want to relate to the wider WSF process?

    Without having an answer to these questions we would like to propose to revive the process of international communication by:

    1) having monthly assemblies on mumble to share info on what is going on everywhere and to see how we can participate in the WSF and/or other moments.
    2) rebuilding the global-square.net website, as a tool for communication and organising, including instructions for mumble and a list of international mobilisations.

    --
    Archive: http://openfsm.net/[…]/1412526070079

    • Re: Urgent Important: the future of global square / proposals and mumble call

      from Orsan Senalp on Oct 08, 2014 09:28 AM
      Apologies since last week I couldn't do anything else then networking and protesting! I just joined the doodle, looking how things are unfolding I do believe that tunis and process towards tunis be an very critical, and with potential of bringing positive and constructive people and energies in touch again!
      Best, orsan

      > On 08 Oct 2014, at 10:50, marita <maciacia50@...> wrote:
      >
      > Please Please Please
      > El 05/10/2014, a las 18:08, jasper teunissen escribió:
      >
      > Let's participate in the doodle to find a day for a meeting on mumble
      > Marita
      >

      > Hi all,
      >
      > At the mumble meeting of september and the Blockupy meeting in Brussels one week ago some of us talked about the future of Global Square.
      >
      > We would like to open the discussion about the possibilities of participation in the WSF in Tunis in march 2015 and the WSF in Quebec in 2016. Do we want to do something like Global Square again? What worked and what didn't work? How do we want to relate to the wider WSF process?
      >
      > Without having an answer to these questions we would like to propose to revive the process of international communication by:
      >
      > 1) having monthly assemblies on mumble to share info on what is going on everywhere and to see how we can participate in the WSF and/or other moments.
      > 2) rebuilding the global-square.net website, as a tool for communication and organising, including instructions for mumble and a list of international mobilisations.
      >
      > Let us know what you think, as we would like to work out these proposals with everyone who is interested.
      > We propose to have a Mumble online meeting in the week of Oct 13 - Oct 19, please fill in this doodle to plan the best day: http://doodle.com/yf82fst6eqxqtfiu
      >
      > greetings Orsan, Marita, Jasper
      >

      > --
      > Archive: http://openfsm.net/[…]/1412526070079

      • Democracy Movements International Press Briefings every Thursday 1900 GMT

        from Dean Edwards on Oct 09, 2014 05:55 PM
        Here is another important notice.

        #Democracy Movements  Intl Press Briefing Thu 3pm EDT teleconference register at: interoccupy.net/events/democracy-movements-weekly-international-press-briefing-2014-10-09/ hosted by @dwatchnews

        We host this every Thursday. The Eastern US time does not adjust for daylight savings, so remains at 3 pm / 1500 hours every week. This will become a podcast very soon with interviews in addition to press briefings. See the tweets at:
        @dwatchnews @dwmnews_na @gacoalition for news and regular updates.

        The Maestro system has many phone numbers for Europe and other countries as we bring these briefings to an international audience from its origins as an OWS national press briefing.

        Been a while since I posted to the list and am passing along the media notice I just received from you all.

        Yours,
        Dean Edwards, Salembard
        formerly with Occupy Oregon Media Group
        Now, coordinating editor
        Democracy Watch News
        Salem, OR https://www.twitter.com/dwatchnews
        https://www.facebook.com/dwatchnews
        oormg@...
        On Oct 8, 2014, at 2:15 AM, Orsan Senalp <orsan1234@...> wrote:

        > Apologies since last week I couldn't do anything else then networking and protesting! I just joined the doodle, looking how things are unfolding I do believe that tunis and process towards tunis be an very critical, and with potential of bringing positive and constructive people and energies in touch again!
        > Best, orsan
        >

        > On 08 Oct 2014, at 10:50, marita <maciacia50@...> wrote:
        >
        >> Please Please Please
        >> El 05/10/2014, a las 18:08, jasper teunissen escribió:
        >>
        >> Let's participate in the doodle to find a day for a meeting on mumble
        >> Marita
        >>

        >> Hi all,
        >>
        >> At the mumble meeting of september and the Blockupy meeting in Brussels one week ago some of us talked about the future of Global Square.
        >>
        >> We would like to open the discussion about the possibilities of participation in the WSF in Tunis in march 2015 and the WSF in Quebec in 2016. Do we want to do something like Global Square again? What worked and what didn't work? How do we want to relate to the wider WSF process?
        >>
        >> Without having an answer to these questions we would like to propose to revive the process of international communication by:
        >>
        >> 1) having monthly assemblies on mumble to share info on what is going on everywhere and to see how we can participate in the WSF and/or other moments.
        >> 2) rebuilding the global-square.net website, as a tool for communication and organising, including instructions for mumble and a list of international mobilisations.
        >>
        >> Let us know what you think, as we would like to work out these proposals with everyone who is interested.
        >> We propose to have a Mumble online meeting in the week of Oct 13 - Oct 19, please fill in this doodle to plan the best day: http://doodle.com/yf82fst6eqxqtfiu
        >>
        >> greetings Orsan, Marita, Jasper
        >>

        >> --
        >> Archive: http://openfsm.net/[…]/1412526070079

  • Next GLOBAL SQUARE MUMBLE MEETING

    from mariangela on Oct 30, 2014 07:11 PM
    Hi

    me, Jasper and Orsan just came back from the Agora99 meeting in Istanbul which was a good space to contact lots of different groups

    We informally talked about the possibility of an OCCUPIED OPEN SPACE (global square) in Tunis in march 2015 during the WSF

    It will be very important to check if other people in this list (who were or not involved in the first Global Square experience) will be interested in working on this project

    In order to do it it will be important to have a Mumble meeting to exchange ideas, points of views, proposals ...

    So I started this doodle in order to check the situation and see the chance of working together

    The meeting could be also an occasion for evaluating what happened in Istanbul

    Please fill in the doodle as soon as possible  http://doodle.com/mshxqg6nrxnk5a64

    Marita

    • Re: Next GLOBAL SQUARE MUMBLE MEETING

      from Dean Edwards on Oct 31, 2014 12:55 AM
      Hmmm. I did not select the Thu times to begin to re-engage with you all because I was uncertain about the time references? Does the doodle adjust for my local time, is it GMT/UT or CET? If it is set for  CET or GMT, then Thursdays are difficult with the press briefing that day especially now that it is bringing  out a podcast and becoming international. See @dwatchnews in twitter. If the doodle adjusts for my local time through the magic of interaction in cyberspace, then those are good even on Thu. friday’s are always good. I may appear to have been absent, but we have been very busy and will be expanding in some exciting ways very soon now. I hope to be able to work to bring more media coverage to these endeavors now that we have the contacts to do so.  BTW, for purely organizational reasons, we are no longer working with The Medi a Consortium in San Francisco. They launched the press briefings with OWS in Oct 2011. We took it over in July 2012 and renamed it only this month as Democracy Watch Movements International Pres s Briefing. We do have a special interview with someone you may want to catch at 0400 GmT 20 Nov, which is 8pm PST for me 19 Nov. For his security, I can only say it is an important interview with some time for audience input as always.

      As we pull this work together, I will do what I can to forward info to journalists in europe and North Africa also. Who knows, perhaps Rachel Newport might be assigned by her editors to cover the event? She is based in Berlin and has covered events in Spain, Scotland, Kiev, Crimea, Paris, etc. Busy6 journalist indeed.

      Best wishes to you all and hope to be hearing you soon on Mumble.

      Dean Edwards
      Salembard
      Salem, Oregon Democracy Watch News

      On Oct 30, 2014, at 11:58 AM, marita <maciacia50@...> wrote:

      > Hi
      >
      > me, Jasper and Orsan just came back from the Agora99 meeting in Istanbul which was a good space to contact lots of different groups
      >
      > We informally talked about the possibility of an OCCUPIED OPEN SPACE (global square) in Tunis in march 2015 during the WSF
      >
      > It will be very important to check if other people in this list (who were or not involved in the first Global Square experience) will be interested in working on this project
      >
      > In order to do it it will be important to have a Mumble meeting to exchange ideas, points of views, proposals ...
      >
      > So I started this doodle in order to check the situation and see the chance of working together
      >
      > The meeting could be also an occasion for evaluating what happened in Istanbul
      >
      > Please fill in the doodle as soon as possible  http://doodle.com/mshxqg6nrxnk5a64
      >
      > Marita
      >

      > --
      > Archive: http://openfsm.net/[…]/1414696296178

      • Re: Next GLOBAL SQUARE MUMBLE MEETING

        from jackiews on Nov 04, 2014 05:07 AM
        Good news, that I am not sure InterOccupy has gotten the word out well:
        there are now free dial-in numbers from many countries. (list below).
        There is also a new social webinar feature that is available with maestro -
        everyone can see icons of who is there.  There is interactive doc editing.
        Ability to move yourself around breakouts   IO learning how to use, and
        then we will start using it on calls.

        here's info for the press briefing special event call
        DEMOCRACY MOVEMENTS WEEKLY INTERNATIONAL PRESS BRIEFING SPECIAL EVENT FOR
        ASIA & THE PACIFIC
        http://interoccupy.net/events/democracy-movements-weekly-international-press-briefing-special-event-for-asia-the-pacific-2014-11-19/
        Register here:
        http://myaccount.maestroconference.com/conference/register/B91IGAKSBF2KT72H

        the times are 11:00 pm EST, 8:00 pm. PST, and 0400 UTC/GMT, 12 Noon HKT,
        2:30 pm ACDT, 3:00 pm AEDT

        here is a list of all the international numbers we have access to:
        # Austria: 082 04 000 1505
        Belgium: +32 7 035 4807
        France: +33 8 21 61 05 86
        Germany: +49 1803 002 073
        # Holland: 0870 001 980
        # Ireland: 0818 270 066
        # Italy: 848 391 844
        Poland: +48 80 100 3524
        South Africa: +27 87 550 0677
        Spain: +34 902 881 203
        # Sweden: 0939 2066 500
        Switzerland: +41 84 820 7427
        UK: +44 844 4733032
        Webphone (WebRTC)
        Webphone (old)
        (415) 537-8307
        MC Dialer - Mac
        MC Dialer - Windows
        http://interoccupy.net/blog/message-from-maestro-conference-re-calling-alternatives-troubleshooting/
        * Skype: mcdirect1
        * Australia: +61 28 011 4954
        * Chile: +56 2570 9889
        * Denmark: +45 3693 4670
        * Finland: +358 92 316 4593
        * Hong Kong: +852 8199 0473
        * Hungary: +36 21 252 3870
        * Mexico: +52 558 421 4214
        * Sweden: +46 85 016 4384
        * UK: +44 207 1931545
        * (408) 228-4919

        # This number can be called only from within this country.

        * These dial-in numbers are provided by Skype. The reliability is lower
        than our other numbers, and there is a capacity limitation of 25 callers
        total across all of these numbers.

        On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 8:43 PM, Dean Edwards <dedwards@...> wrote:

> [...]
        >
        > Hi
        >
        > me, Jasper and Orsan just came back from the Agora99 meeting in Istanbul
        > which was a good space to contact lots of different groups
        >
        > We informally talked about the possibility of an OCCUPIED OPEN SPACE
        > (global square) in Tunis in march 2015 during the WSF
        >
        > It will be very important to check if other people in this list (who were
        > or not involved in the first Global Square experience) will be interested
        > in working on this project
        >
        > In order to do it it will be important to have a Mumble meeting to
        > exchange ideas, points of views, proposals ...
        >
        > So I started this doodle in order to check the situation and see the
        > chance of working together
        >
        > The meeting could be also an occasion for evaluating what happened in
        > Istanbul
        >
        > Please fill in the doodle as soon as possible

        *Connect With IO:*
        Website <http://www.interoccupy.net/>  |  Facebook
        <https://www.facebook.com/InterOccupy>  |  @InterOcc
        <http://www.twitter.com/interocc>  |  Tumblr
        <http://www.tumblr.com/blog/interoccupy>   |  Donate
        <https://org2.salsalabs.com/o/7315/donate_page/donate-interoccupy>

        • Re: Next GLOBAL SQUARE MUMBLE MEETING

          from Dean Edwards on Nov 05, 2014 10:18 AM
          Thanks for the update Jackie,

          We are planning on a very special guest this month a journalist covering events in the last colonial occupation in the South Pacific. You will not be disappointed, even though this is a terrible time for Europe and the eastern USA, we will be recording this for a new podcast. And, there are some exciting plans to bring in India in some major ways very soon now.

          More next week,

          Dean Edwards
          Salembard
          Salem, OR
          Democracy Watch News
          previously with Occupy Oregon Media Group

          On Nov 3, 2014, at 8:54 PM, Jackie Splain <jsplain@...> wrote:

> [...]
          > Salem, Oregon Democracy Watch News
          >

          > On Oct 30, 2014, at 11:58 AM, marita <maciacia50@...> wrote:
          >
          >> Hi
          >>
          >> me, Jasper and Orsan just came back from the Agora99 meeting in Istanbul which was a good space to contact lots of different groups
          >>
          >> We informally talked about the possibility of an OCCUPIED OPEN SPACE (global square) in Tunis in march 2015 during the WSF
          >>
          >> It will be very important to check if other people in this list (who were or not involved in the first Global Square experience) will be interested in working on this project
          >>
          >> In order to do it it will be important to have a Mumble meeting to exchange ideas, points of views, proposals ...
          >>
          >> So I started this doodle in order to check the situation and see the chance of working together
          >>
          >> The meeting could be also an occasion for evaluating what happened in Istanbul

            from mariangela on Nov 05, 2014 10:43 AM

            Hi everybody in Global square

            in the doodle  http://doodle.com/mshxqg6nrxnk5a64 there are this Friday and next Friday as a possible date for the Mumble meeting

            but only 5 people participated

            so please add your choice

            to decide when it will be possible

            thanks
            Marita

            • Next GLOBAL SQUARE MUMBLE MEETING proposal

              from mariangela on Nov 07, 2014 10:54 AM
              In the doodle today and next Friday have the same numbers
              but for today is impossible to make the call

              I suggest to confirm the meeting in Mumble for next Friday 14 november at 6pm CET time
              and make an open call for all different lists

              Anybody volunteer to make a call proposal for the 14th?
              Marita

              El 05/11/2014, a las 11:30, marita escribió:

              Hi everybody in Global square

              in the doodle  http://doodle.com/mshxqg6nrxnk5a64 there are this Friday and next Friday as a possible date for the Mumble meeting

              but only 5 people participated

              so please add your choice

              to decide when it will be possible

              thanks
              Marita

              --
              Archive: http://openfsm.net/[…]/1415184238446

              • Re: Next GLOBAL SQUARE MUMBLE MEETING proposal

                from Dean Edwards on Nov 08, 2014 02:56 AM
                Marita, I can at least confirm I can be on the Mumble. I assume this is on tomalaplaza.net

                BTW, if someone there can clean up the long unused channels, it would make there Mumble server easier to navigate..

                By way of followup, the cooperative efforts of the GA Coalition in the United States since Nov 2011 has been the GA Coalition. It is standing down and all activities are suspended for the present. The weekly news briefings will continue to be hosted by the Democracy watch News staff and a new NGO for advocates—Democracy Watch Media. See inter occupy.net Full Calendar for info on the international news briefings and interviews.

                Peace,
                Dean Edwards
                Democracy Watch News
                coordinating editor
                Salem, OR
                Salembard

                On Nov 7, 2014, at 2:34 AM, marita <maciacia50@...> wrote:

                > In the doodle today and next Friday have the same numbers
                > but for today is impossible to make the call
                >
                > I suggest to confirm the meeting in Mumble for next Friday 14 november at 6pm CET time
                > and make an open call for all different lists
                >
                > Anybody volunteer to make a call proposal for the 14th?
                > Marita

                > El 05/11/2014, a las 11:30, marita escribió:
                >

                > Hi everybody in Global square
                >
                > in the doodle  http://doodle.com/mshxqg6nrxnk5a64 there are this Friday and next Friday as a possible date for the Mumble meeting
                >
                > but only 5 people participated
                >
                > so please add your choice
                >
                > to decide when it will be possible
                >
                > thanks
                > Marita
                >

                > --
                > Archive: http://openfsm.net/[…]/1415184238446

                • Re: Next GLOBAL SQUARE MUMBLE MEETING proposal

                  from basstress on Nov 08, 2014 03:44 PM
                  So happy to hear from you! I will try to make it on Friday :)

                  All the best!

                  Carminda

                  On Fri, Nov 7, 2014 at 9:44 PM, Dean Edwards <dedwards@...> wrote:

                  > Marita, I can at least confirm I can be on the Mumble. I assume this is on
                  > tomalaplaza.net
                  >
                  > BTW, if someone there can clean up the long unused channels, it would make
                  > there Mumble server easier to navigate..
                  >
                  > By way of followup, the cooperative efforts of the GA Coalition in the
                  > United States since Nov 2011 has been the GA Coalition. It is standing down
                  > and all activities are suspended for the present. The weekly news briefings
                  > will continue to be hosted by the Democracy watch News staff and a new NGO
                  > for advocates—Democracy Watch Media. See inter occupy.net Full Calendar
                  > for info on the international news briefings and interviews.
                  >
                  > Peace,
                  > Dean Edwards
                  > Democracy Watch News
                  > coordinating editor
                  > Salem, OR
                  > Salembard
                  >

                  > On Nov 7, 2014, at 2:34 AM, marita <maciacia50@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > In the doodle today and next Friday have the same numbers
                  > but for today is impossible to make the call
                  >
                  > I suggest to confirm the meeting in Mumble for next Friday 14 november at
                  > 6pm CET time
                  > and make an open call for all different lists
                  >
                  > Anybody volunteer to make a call proposal for the 14th?
                  > Marita

                  > El 05/11/2014, a las 11:30, marita escribió:
                  >

                  > Hi everybody in Global square
                  >
                  > in the doodle  http://doodle.com/mshxqg6nrxnk5a64
                  > <http://doodle.com/mshxqg6nrxnk5a64> there are this Friday and next
                  > Friday as a possible date for the Mumble meeting
                  >
                  > but only 5 people participated
                  >
                  > so please add your choice
                  >
                  > to decide when it will be possible
                  >
                  > thanks
                  > Marita
                  >

                  > --
                  > Archive: http://openfsm.net/[…]/1415184238446
                  > <http://openfsm.net/projects/2011movements-fsm-wsf/lists/2011movements-fsm-wsf-discussion/archive/2014/11/1415184238446>

                  > Archive: http://openfsm.net/[…]/1415357290878
                  > <http://openfsm.net/projects/2011movements-fsm-wsf/lists/2011movements-fsm-wsf-discussion/archive/2014/11/1415357290878>

                  > Archive: http://openfsm.net/[…]/1415415390826
                  > <http://openfsm.net/projects/2011movements-fsm-wsf/lists/2011movements-fsm-wsf-discussion/archive/2014/11/1415415390826>

                  Carminda Mac Lorin
                  514-381-7090

            • Next GLOBAL SQUARE MUMBLE MEETING proposal

              from mariangela on Nov 07, 2014 10:48 AM