• 2011movements-fsm discussion

  • Looking for Media Writers and Journalists & Organizations Producing News Content

    from Dean Edwards on Dec 04, 2014 03:11 AM
    We now have a partner both augmenting and creating global spaces for individuals and organizations to augment and post news content. You can look at the site at: oximity.com

    The CEO, Sanjay Goel has travelled extensively and speaks several languages, including Spanish. He is originally from India.

    As an internetworking site it has great search ability and raises the search ability for articles and news feeds.               It can also very easily accept twitter feeds. I will keep the information brief for now, but can describe this in more detail.

    One of the most important aspects is the 200 languages the site supports. This is not an English-only site, but one that is planetary. I encourage people to take  a look.

    If someone wants to feed their twitter feeds into the site, that can be done easily on a personal page. However, if someone, journalist, media representative, or anyone producing news content wants to write articles, I can send out a writers invitation from Oximity. This empowers writers to write news and to invite other writers. This decentralized, source-driven, service fits with the original idea for the newswire plans as a beginning point to bring new content and augment news globally.

    Partners include

    video Volunteers, India. Rising Voices. Global Voices.
    Democracy Watch News will also be partnering with Oximity.

    Let me know at my oormg@... e-mail if you are interested in receiving a writer’s invitation.

    I will also be posting a limited notice for secure, encrypted, communications from Unseen. These will be lifetime accounts with no fee for journalists and some people and groups working to produce information about our movements for democracy, etc.

    More later,
    Dean Edwards
    oormg@...
    Yes, you can write to my personal e-mail used to post this as well.

    Thread Outline:
  • Re: Looking for Media Writers and Journalists & Organizations Producing News Content

    from Mikifus on Dec 04, 2014 11:21 AM
    Thanks for the info Dean, I forwarded it to some alternative media and the
    squares list.

    > We now have a partner both augmenting and creating global spaces for
    > individuals and organizations to augment and post news content. You can
    > look at the site at: oximity.com
    >
    > The CEO, Sanjay Goel has travelled extensively and speaks several
    > languages, including Spanish. He is originally from India.
    >
    > As an internetworking site it has great search ability and raises the
    > search ability for articles and news feeds.               It can also very
    > easily accept twitter feeds. I will keep the information brief for now, but
    > can describe this in more detail.
    >
    > One of the most important aspects is the 200 languages the site supports.
    > This is not an English-only site, but one that is planetary. I encourage
    > people to take  a look.
    >
    > If someone wants to feed their twitter feeds into the site, that can be
    > done easily on a personal page. However, if someone, journalist, media
    > representative, or anyone producing news content wants to write articles, I
    > can send out a writers invitation from Oximity. This empowers writers to
    > write news and to invite other writers. This decentralized, source-driven,
    > service fits with the original idea for the newswire plans as a beginning
    > point to bring new content and augment news globally.
    >
    > Partners include
    >
    > video Volunteers, India. Rising Voices. Global Voices.
    > Democracy Watch News will also be partnering with Oximity.
    >
    > Let me know at my oormg@... e-mail if you are interested in receiving
    > a writer’s invitation.
    >
    > I will also be posting a limited notice for secure, encrypted,
    > communications from Unseen. These will be lifetime accounts with no fee for
    > journalists and some people and groups working to produce information about
    > our movements for democracy, etc.
    >
    > More later,
    > Dean Edwards
    > oormg@...
    > Yes, you can write to my personal e-mail used to post this as well.
    >
    > --
    > Archive:
    > http://openfsm.net/projects/2011movements-fsm-wsf/lists/2011movements-fsm-wsf-discussion/archive/2014/12/1417662717645

    • Next online meeting of GlobalSquare will be held today Friday, the 5th of December at 7pm CET time

      from mariangela on Dec 05, 2014 05:21 PM
      Next online meeting of GlobalSquare will be held today Friday, the 5th of December at 7pm CET time

      Check your local time here: time zone converter (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html)

      The meeting will be on Mumble

      Mumble  is a voice chat Open Source software
      How to join Mumble: http://www.global-square.net/how-to-join/
      download Mumble and go to:
      Label: tomalaplaza.net
      Server:  tomalaplaza.net
      Port: 64738
      Channel: International /plaza de los pueblos
      Nickname: Your name/nick

      please download and check your connection before the meeting

      (it will be great if people with more experience will be here 15 minutes before to help people out if there are problems)

      and this is the pad for the Agenda/Minutes https://titanpad.com/globalsquare15  (in the pad there is a list of open questions. It would be great to address them in your assembly -if you participate in one - before the meeting)

      you will find the minutes of our previous meeting (14th November 2014) here https://titanpad.com/globalsquare14

      ################

      Signs we use in the text chat during our mumble meetings:

      WWWW or +1  = agree
      MMMMM or -1   = disagree
      ****turn****        = ask for turn
      +++++             = direct response
      TTTTT               = technical point
      #####           = please kindly try to conclude your intervention, I understood you :)

      Some information about GlobalSquare
      web site: http://www.global-square.net

      Mailing list: You can subscribe here / vous pouvez vous inscrire ici:
      http://openfsm.net/projects/2011movements-fsm-wsf/lists/2011movements-fsm-wsf-discussion

      All from Global Square in Tunis: http://titanpad.com/globalsquaresassembliesTunis

      please spread the information

      • Re: Next online meeting of GlobalSquare will be held today Friday, the 5th of December at 7pm CET time

        from Dean Edwards on Dec 06, 2014 04:21 AM
        Sorry to have missed today. We had essential shopping, a must at the beginning of each month, plus our news service is building some collaborations with some very good providers:
        oximity.com
        maestroconference.com
        unseen.is
        schoolofpodcasting.com
        americymru.net and related ventures.

        So, things are very busy, so will be looking at any notes about the meeting today.

        Peace,
        Dean Edwardssalembard
        Salem, Oregon

        On Dec 5, 2014, at 9:07 AM, marita <maciacia50@...> wrote:

        > Next online meeting of GlobalSquare will be held today Friday, the 5th of December at 7pm CET time
        >
        > Check your local time here: time zone converter (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html)
        >
        > The meeting will be on Mumble
        >
        > Mumble  is a voice chat Open Source software
        > How to join Mumble: http://www.global-square.net/how-to-join/
        > download Mumble and go to:
        > Label: tomalaplaza.net
        > Server:  tomalaplaza.net
        > Port: 64738
        > Channel: International /plaza de los pueblos
        > Nickname: Your name/nick
        >
        > please download and check your connection before the meeting
        >
        > (it will be great if people with more experience will be here 15 minutes before to help people out if there are problems)
        >
        > and this is the pad for the Agenda/Minutes https://titanpad.com/globalsquare15  (in the pad there is a list of open questions. It would be great to address them in your assembly -if you participate in one - before the meeting)
        >
        > you will find the minutes of our previous meeting (14th November 2014) here https://titanpad.com/globalsquare14
        >
        > ################
        >
        > Signs we use in the text chat during our mumble meetings:
        >
        > WWWW or +1  = agree
        > MMMMM or -1   = disagree
        > ****turn****        = ask for turn
        > +++++             = direct response
        > TTTTT               = technical point
        > #####           = please kindly try to conclude your intervention, I understood you :)
        >
        > Some information about GlobalSquare
        > web site: http://www.global-square.net
        >
        > Mailing list: You can subscribe here / vous pouvez vous inscrire ici:
        > http://openfsm.net/projects/2011movements-fsm-wsf/lists/2011movements-fsm-wsf-discussion
        >
        > All from Global Square in Tunis: http://titanpad.com/globalsquaresassembliesTunis
        >

        > please spread the information
        >

        > --
        > Archive: http://openfsm.net/[…]/1417800091278

        • Re: Next online meeting of GlobalSquare will be held today Friday, the 5th of December at 7pm CET time

          from Rami Brahem on Dec 06, 2014 10:10 AM
          Hello,

          Sorry for missing the meeting & the lack of replies on separate mails.
          Henda and me couldn't make it yersterday as we had an event (we didn't
          noticed it was the same day), i'll try to read all the mails and get the
          updates. Besides, i'm available to mumble beside a meeting if someone want
          to discuss & update me.

          See you soon.

          Best to you,
          Rami.