• 2011movements-fsm discussion

  • Occupy Toronto Livestream - live streaming video powered by Livestream

    from Dean Edwards on Feb 03, 2015 01:37 AM
    today at 7:00 pm PST, 10 PM ESt which is Tue0300 UTC/GMT the hundredth livestream teaching event by Dee Shanger of Occupy Toronto will be online. This is, of course live and interactive. I will also be on, but the event is scheduled to last till 0900 GMT/UTC. So folks in Europe and North Africa lalso have chances to join in th e show or simply watch and chat.

    Dean Edwards
    salembard
    Salem, Oregon
    Democracy Watch News and Democracycast podcast
    http://www.livestream.com/occupytoronto/share

    Thread Outline:
  • citizens assembly: We are not crime

    from mariangela on Feb 04, 2015 01:43 PM
    Press Notice

    Yesterday 3rd February 2015 at 19h in the Ateneo of Madrid, at an event organized by the citizen’s platform No Somos Delito, political parties signed a declaration that states that they will repeal or reform in its entirety the organic law for the protection of citizens security so
     as to respect fundamental human rights, in the first session of the next legislature.
    The act which took place in the form of citizens assembly included interventions from spokespeople and representatives of social movement groups, political parties without representation in Parliament, unions and NGOs, all of whom reflected on the social and political implications
    of this law.
    This law is currently passing through Parliament and could be ratified as soon as April 2015.
    The platform NO Somos Delito (We are not crime) has been working for over a year to galvanize opposition to this Gag Law, along with other measures such as the introduction of new judicial fees and the reform of the Penal Code.
    These measures represent an attempt to construct a two tiered justice system : one for the rich and one for the poor.
    Furthermore, these legislative reforms aim to obstruct civil liberties, penalized peaceful social protest and criminalize poverty and social precariousness.
    This act brings together political parties that are opposed to the Law of Citizen Security, also known as the Gag Law, to publicly commit to overturning it or reforming it completely should they be elected to the next parliament.
     In the spirit of a Citizens’ Assembly there was also the opportunity for interventions from the floor.

    http://youtu.be/px_2Xkra2mg  video

    • Re: citizens assembly: We are not crime

      from Dean Edwards on Feb 05, 2015 09:28 AM
      It would be great if we could have someone from España call in and give us a live update. Spain does have a direct telephone connection to our press briefings, see article below for international dialing instructions, posted in oximity.com for Democracy Watch News.

      #Democracy Movements Weekly Int’l Press Briefing Thu 3 pm EST USA/2000 UTC/GMT. #Journalists + activists register at
      http://interoccupy.net/events/democracy-movements-weekly-international-press-briefing-2-2015-02-05/

      #Democracycast Brings International Phone & VOIP Access to International News Briefings - @Oximity Instructions at:
      https://www.oximity.com/article/Democracycast-Brings-International-Pho-1

      #News briefs & #podcast #Democracycast on most platforms via Libsyn & iTunes. Please listen, subscribe, review as we continue to improve.

      Paz amigos,
      Dean Edwards
      Democracy Watch News @dwatchnews

      On Feb 4, 2015, at 5:27 AM, marita <maciacia50@...> wrote:

      > Press Notice
      >
      > Yesterday 3rd February 2015 at 19h in the Ateneo of Madrid, at an event organized by the citizen’s platform No Somos Delito, political parties signed a declaration that states that they will repeal or reform in its entirety the organic law for the protection of citizens security so
      >  as to respect fundamental human rights, in the first session of the next legislature.
      > The act which took place in the form of citizens assembly included interventions from spokespeople and representatives of social movement groups, political parties without representation in Parliament, unions and NGOs, all of whom reflected on the social and political implications
      > of this law.
      > This law is currently passing through Parliament and could be ratified as soon as April 2015.
      > The platform NO Somos Delito (We are not crime) has been working for over a year to galvanize opposition to this Gag Law, along with other measures such as the introduction of new judicial fees and the reform of the Penal Code.
      > These measures represent an attempt to construct a two tiered justice system : one for the rich and one for the poor.
      > Furthermore, these legislative reforms aim to obstruct civil liberties, penalized peaceful social protest and criminalize poverty and social precariousness.
      > This act brings together political parties that are opposed to the Law of Citizen Security, also known as the Gag Law, to publicly commit to overturning it or reforming it completely should they be elected to the next parliament.
      >  In the spirit of a Citizens’ Assembly there was also the opportunity for interventions from the floor.
      >
      > http://youtu.be/px_2Xkra2mg  video
      >

      > --
      > Archive: http://openfsm.net/[…]/1423057425049

      • Re: citizens assembly: We are not crime

        from mariangela on Feb 05, 2015 09:58 AM
        I will be there
        M.
        El 05/02/2015, a las 10:16, Dean Edwards escribió:

        It would be great if we could have someone from España call in and give us a live update. Spain does have a direct telephone connection to our press briefings, see article below for international dialing instructions, posted in oximity.com for Democracy Watch News.

        #Democracy Movements Weekly Int’l Press Briefing Thu 3 pm EST USA/2000 UTC/GMT. #Journalists + activists register at
        http://interoccupy.net/events/democracy-movements-weekly-international-press-briefing-2-2015-02-05/

        #Democracycast Brings International Phone & VOIP Access to International News Briefings - @Oximity Instructions at:
        https://www.oximity.com/article/Democracycast-Brings-International-Pho-1

        #News briefs & #podcast #Democracycast on most platforms via Libsyn & iTunes. Please listen, subscribe, review as we continue to improve.

        Paz amigos,
        Dean Edwards
        Democracy Watch News @dwatchnews

        On Feb 4, 2015, at 5:27 AM, marita <maciacia50@...> wrote:

        > Press Notice
        >
        > Yesterday 3rd February 2015 at 19h in the Ateneo of Madrid, at an event organized by the citizen’s platform No Somos Delito, political parties signed a declaration that states that they will repeal or reform in its entirety the organic law for the protection of citizens security so
        >  as to respect fundamental human rights, in the first session of the next legislature.
        > The act which took place in the form of citizens assembly included interventions from spokespeople and representatives of social movement groups, political parties without representation in Parliament, unions and NGOs, all of whom reflected on the social and political implications
        > of this law.
        > This law is currently passing through Parliament and could be ratified as soon as April 2015.
        > The platform NO Somos Delito (We are not crime) has been working for over a year to galvanize opposition to this Gag Law, along with other measures such as the introduction of new judicial fees and the reform of the Penal Code.
        > These measures represent an attempt to construct a two tiered justice system : one for the rich and one for the poor.
        > Furthermore, these legislative reforms aim to obstruct civil liberties, penalized peaceful social protest and criminalize poverty and social precariousness.
        > This act brings together political parties that are opposed to the Law of Citizen Security, also known as the Gag Law, to publicly commit to overturning it or reforming it completely should they be elected to the next parliament.
        >  In the spirit of a Citizens’ Assembly there was also the opportunity for interventions from the floor.
        >
        > http://youtu.be/px_2Xkra2mg  video
        >

        > --
        > Archive: http://openfsm.net/[…]/1423057425049

        • Re: citizens assembly: We are not crime

          from ÖrsanŞenalp on Feb 06, 2015 01:11 PM
          Here again is the collaborative pad for this evening's call: https://titanpad.com/globalsquare17

          I did add a draft proposal for forming an open, horizontal, transnational work-group for an event draft title suggested to be "Networking alternative and collaborative modes of production to re-build the Commons Humanity bottom up ". In order to engage and invite those coming to Tunis and involved in commoning, floss, p2p communities, worker and citizen owned coops, autonomous alternative solidarity economy networks, community kitchens, as well as those ngo type organizations that are support of these kinds of communities in one way or the other. Following draft i did prepare as a base for a workshop to succeed the first Networked Labour seminar (netwokedlabour.net) organised in Amsterdam in 2013. As it is now it might sound too theoretically focused (on labour), but I think it provides a basis to work on it together and modify into something that can be useful in engaging with those others who linked to relevant projects, communities op networks and already coming to Tunis: https://titanpad.com/networkedlabour2ndencounterproposal

          I am looking forward to hear other proposals and see if and how we would be collaborating out the practical issues.

          Orsan

> [...]
          >
          > The platform NO Somos Delito (We are not crime) has been working for over a
          > year to galvanize opposition to this Gag Law, along with other measures such
          > as the introduction of new judicial fees and the reform of the Penal Code.
          >
          > These measures represent an attempt to construct a two tiered justice system
          > : one for the rich and one for the poor.
          >
          > Furthermore, these legislative reforms aim to obstruct civil liberties,
          > penalized peaceful social protest and criminalize poverty and social
          > precariousness.
          >
          > This act brings together political parties that are opposed to the Law of
          > Citizen Security, also known as the Gag Law, to publicly commit to
          > overturning it or reforming it completely should they be elected to the next
          > parliament.
          >
          > In the spirit of a Citizens’ Assembly there was also the opportunity for

          • Coming to Global Square in Tunis 24/28 March 2015?

            from mariangela on Feb 07, 2015 09:47 AM
            As you can see in the yesterday meeting we went forward in the organization of the Global Square in Tunis (24-28th March 2015)

            see the pad with minutes https://titanpad.com/globalsquare17

            People involved in the facilitation of the Global square space would like to solve in a collective way the logistic problem ofaccomodation
            For this we would like to Know who is coming to Tunis and interested in sharing a place with us

            If yes please send a personal message to me (NOT TO THE LIST)

            Thankyou and we really would like you to take part to this experience
            Next meeting in Mumble 16th of February at 8 pm CET time

            GLobal Square in the WSF 2015 in Tunis
            Our squares and streets are homes to our ideas and aspirations, in them we struggle, in them we shout out at injustices, in them we share alternatives and build dreams.

            Global Square is an open idea and action to create collaborative and inspiring common spaces, in, around and beyond the World Social Forums.

            During the World Social Forum 2015 in Tunisia, the ''Global Square '' will be open to all those, around the world, who are  building the necessary change and alternatives.

            This is a collective space to share with different individuals/groups/organizations/assemblies to encourage dialogue, networking, cross learning, creativity.

            In it there could be permanent spaces or specific activies, and the people involved in the facilitation team would help out to give them visibility.

            This space will also encourage spontaneous meetings, music and creativity...

            The program (clearly indicated on a board during the WSF) will be permanently open to the organization of assemblies, workshops, creative activities, sharing of knowledge and methodologies, etc.

            Anyone who would like to join and collaborate with others in changing the world at any level is more then welcome.

            We would like to encourage those who are interested in this initiative to join us, and to get more information about the backgound, processes, status and the vision we have putted forward collectively following these links from

            Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/global.square.net
            Google + page https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/104075942668146480280/104075942668146480280/about

            Marita

            • Call for 16th Feb meeting in Mumble: Coming as Global Square to Tunis 24/28 March 2015

              from mariangela on Feb 12, 2015 08:53 AM

              https://titanpad.com/globalsquare18

              https://www.facebook.com/events/947942368563397/?source=1