• 2011movements-fsm discussion

  • Re: [Squares] [transcollab] Proposal International Gathering/Meeting in Berlin January 2016

    from Orsan on Jun 22, 2015 07:44 PM
    Agree with you Jackie. Do you know if anyone from new york who would be going to Spain are linked to United states Social forum, or anyone joining to USSF would think of bring the issue forward; yet it sounds very logical to try to link up European and American movements by bridging spaces at social forums by entangling with global square, agora, blockupy and other similar initiatives.

    To talk about similar ideas, and thinking of Montreal as on, not only target, we have had planned a mumble call for next Thursday at 6:00 pm CET. if it would make sense I would like to propose to think of this mumble call as an informal brain storming, and up to dating each other call to start rolling the ball.

    Here is the doodle still open: http://doodle.com/2ruyhgakqwmimqwckdc4ptt5/admin#admin

    Incase there is no objection it can also be an idea to Refresh the doodle by adding dates and alternative time slots?

    In solidarity,
    Orsan

    > On 19 jun. 2015, at 19:02, Jackie Splain <jsplain@...> wrote:
    >
    > Perhaps this can go on the agenda for the global square call on the 25th June?  https://titanpad.com/globalsquareorganisation
    >
    > I understand it is mainly about organizing for WSF Quebec 2016, but may aid as a continuum.
    >
    > I'll post the call times, when I see it finalized ( on 2011/lista global square)
    >
    > Jackie
    >
    >> On Fri, Jun 19, 2015 at 12:47 PM, Adrià Rodríguez de Alòs-Moner <adria.r.al@...> wrote:
    >> I personally it is also a great idea and very necessary. We neet to resume the transnational space after the 2011 cyrcle and the new situations in the several countries (spain democratic municipalism, Greece Syriza and debt crossroad, Turkey post-gezi and HDP emergence, USA antiracist - antipolice violence protests...).
    >>
    >> Let's bring the proposal to our collectives/groups/networks and let's resume the proposal in a coulpe of weeks ;)
    >>
    >> all the best!

    >>> I think this is a great idea.
    >>> Keep us in the loop.
    >>> Vica

    >> --
    >> Adrià Rodríguez
    >> @adriaral

    > Connect With IO:
    > Website  |  Facebook  |  @InterOcc  |  Tumblr   |  Donate

  • Re: [Squares] [transcollab] Proposal International Gathering/Meeting in Berlin January 2016

    from Dean Edwards on Jun 22, 2015 09:43 PM
    And, I want to remind people, particularly Orsin, Carminda, and Jackie, we have our Weekly International Press briefing via maestro Conference, and on the inter occupy.net calendar at 9 p.m. CET. This is the final weekly event. Beginning in July, the full international focus will be on the first Thu every month. Some provision can also be made for brief reports on other weeks, except for the second and fifth Thursdays.

    Second Thursdays, we will not do much with the Maestro calls, but will work primarily with the Occupy Toronto LS via:
    original.livestream.com/occupytoronto for the press briefings

    Fifth Thursdays, when they happen, will be skills and IT workshops.

    Also, check the Full Calendar at Interoccupy.net or use the following link:
    http://interoccupy.net/events/democracy-movements-weekly-international-press-briefing-special-event-for-asia-and-the-pacific-tue-june-23-11-pm-et/

    This is the NEW briefing of activists, advocates, and journalists in Europe. Participants may join the teleconference using Skype by using their Skype accounts to place a Skype Call to either mcdirect1 or maestro4294 and when the icon for the dial pad appears in the display loaded for Maestro Conference calls,
    Then CLICK on that icon, dial pad icon,,
    Enter your PIN from your registration, and you will be added to these briefings.

    Once registered, you will receive regular updates and reminders about the Africa, Europe, Middle East Democracy Movements International Press Briefing, which will include your PIN, personal identification number.

    We will need people in these areas to join teams for each of those regions, including journalists to host the events in order to hold more than one per month. Depending on Americans is so 20th Century IMHO.

    This is, however, a collaborative and international effort involving journalists, advocates, and in particular grassroots activists.

    Peace,

    Dean Edwards
    Democracy Watch News

> [...]
    >> >
    >> > What do people think? Is an international gathering/meeting in January doable?
    >> >
    >> > Or should we just go and organize a smaller public event in Berlin?
    >> >
    >> > Best,
    >> > Marcus

    >> --
    >> Adrià Rodríguez
    >> @adriaral <https://twitter.com/adriaral>
    >>

    >> --
    >> Connect With IO:
    >> Website <http://www.interoccupy.net/>  |  Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/InterOccupy>  |  @InterOcc <http://www.twitter.com/interocc>  |  Tumblr <http://www.tumblr.com/blog/interoccupy>   |  Donate <https://org2.salsalabs.com/o/7315/donate_page/donate-interoccupy>

  • Re: Re: [Squares] [transcollab] Proposal International Gathering/Meeting in Berlin January 2016

    from basstress on Jun 22, 2015 11:12 PM
    I love the idea of collaborating towards this event in January (and
    eventually other events like the World Social Forum in Montreal), and
    building more and more transnational solidarities :)

    I will be on the meeting on Thursday.

    Looking forward to hearing you!

    Carminda

    On Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 3:24 PM, Orsan <orsan1234@...> wrote:

> [...]
    >> in the several countries (spain democratic municipalism, Greece Syriza and
    >> debt crossroad, Turkey post-gezi and HDP emergence, USA antiracist -
    >> antipolice violence protests...).
    >>
    >> Let's bring the proposal to our collectives/groups/networks and let's
    >> resume the proposal in a coulpe of weeks ;)
    >>
    >> all the best!

    >>> I think this is a great idea.
    >>> Keep us in the loop.
    >>> Vica

    >>> http://www.nyctospain.com/ .

    >>> places) with at least a bigger event at the weekend of the 15th to 17th of
    >>> January 2016.

    >>> international gathering/meeting out of this, maybe another agora or another
    >>> blockupy international meeting. US activist would prepare presentations of
    >>> recent movements and would also be ready for various skill share workshops

    Carminda Mac Lorin
    514-381-7090

  • Re: [transcollab] Re: [Squares] [transcollab] Proposal International Gathering/Meeting in Berlin January 2016

    from MarcusG on Jun 23, 2015 08:23 AM
    Here in new York,

    People will try to participate in the mumble. Connections to USSF and Montreal are also their. But could and will be developed better in future.

    Marcus

    On 22. Juni 2015 15:24:39 GMT-04:00, Orsan <orsan1234@...> wrote:
    >Agree with you Jackie. Do you know if anyone from new york who would be
    >going to Spain are linked to United states Social forum, or anyone
    >joining to USSF would think of bring the issue forward; yet it sounds
    >very logical to try to link up European and American movements by
    >bridging spaces at social forums by entangling with global square,
    >agora, blockupy and other similar initiatives.
    >
    >To talk about similar ideas, and thinking of Montreal as on, not only
    >target, we have had planned a mumble call for next Thursday at 6:00 pm
    >CET. if it would make sense I would like to propose to think of this
    >mumble call as an informal brain storming, and up to dating each other
    >call to start rolling the ball.
    >
    >Here is the doodle still open:
    >http://doodle.com/2ruyhgakqwmimqwckdc4ptt5/admin#admin
    >
    >Incase there is no objection it can also be an idea to Refresh the
    >doodle by adding dates and alternative time slots?
    >
    >In solidarity,
    >Orsan
    >

    >> On 19 jun. 2015, at 19:02, Jackie Splain <jsplain@...>
    >wrote:
    >>
    >> Perhaps this can go on the agenda for the global square call on the
    >25th June?  https://titanpad.com/globalsquareorganisation
    >>
    >> I understand it is mainly about organizing for WSF Quebec 2016, but
    >may aid as a continuum.
    >>
    >> I'll post the call times, when I see it finalized ( on 2011/lista
    >global square)
    >>
    >> Jackie
    >>
    >>> On Fri, Jun 19, 2015 at 12:47 PM, Adrià Rodríguez de Alòs-Moner
    ><adria.r.al@...> wrote:
    >>> I personally it is also a great idea and very necessary. We neet to
    >resume the transnational space after the 2011 cyrcle and the new
    >situations in the several countries (spain democratic municipalism,
    >Greece Syriza and debt crossroad, Turkey post-gezi and HDP emergence,
    >USA antiracist - antipolice violence protests...).
    >>>
    >>> Let's bring the proposal to our collectives/groups/networks and
    >let's resume the proposal in a coulpe of weeks ;)
    >>>
    >>> all the best!

    >http://www.nyctospain.com/ .

    >places) with at least a bigger event at the weekend of the 15th to 17th
    >of January 2016.

    >bigger international gathering/meeting out of this, maybe another agora
    >or another blockupy international meeting. US activist would prepare
    >presentations of recent movements and would also be ready for various
    >skill share workshops and activist exchanges.

    >January doable?

    >Berlin?

    >>> --
    >>> Adrià Rodríguez
    >>> @adriaral

    >Squares-owner@...
    >>

    >> --
    >> Connect With IO:
    >> Website  |  Facebook  |  @InterOcc  |  Tumblr   |  Donate
    >Squares-owner@...

    • Re: [transcollab] Re: [Squares] [transcollab] Proposal International Gathering/Meeting in Berlin January 2016

      from ÖrsanŞenalp on Jun 24, 2015 09:49 PM
      Hangup it is good to hear that you are in NY and people there try to linkup
      with europe, really important to refresh the connectivity between the
      counter-atlantic forces :)

      As for tomorrow we said 6pm cet, on doode, so like 7pm UK, and like early
      nooon in the US and Canada. Here is meeting info:

      *Meeting in Mumble 25 june 2015 at 6 pm CET time (GMT +2)*
      *Check your local time here: time zone converter:*
      *(**http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html)
      <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html)>*
      *The meeting will be on Mumble*
      *Mumble  is a voice chat Open Source software*
      *How to join Mumble: **http://www.global-square.net/how-to-join/*
      <http://www.global-square.net/how-to-join/>
      *download Mumble and go to:*
      *Label : Occupii*
      *Server : occupytalk.org <http://occupytalk.org> (has to be written exactly
      as it is)*
      *Port: 64738*
      *Channel: Assemblies & Round Tables > global round table*
      *Nickname: Your name/nick*

      I would say lets take it slow and wait for all to fix their auido stuff,
      between 18:00 and 18:30, and start with updates and information exchange,
      there is no agenda items determined so we shall make of a kind of an open
      brainstroming call, where everyone is welcommed!

      Looking forward!

      Orsan

      On 23 Jun 2015, at 10:03, Hangup <hangup@...> wrote:

> [...]

      >> in the several countries (spain democratic municipalism, Greece Syriza and
      >> debt crossroad, Turkey post-gezi and HDP emergence, USA antiracist -
      >> antipolice violence protests...).
      >>
      >> Let's bring the proposal to our collectives/groups/networks and let's
      >> resume the proposal in a coulpe of weeks ;)
      >>
      >> all the best!

      >>> I think this is a great idea.
      >>> Keep us in the loop.
      >>> Vica

      >>> http://www.nyctospain.com/ .

      >>> places) with at least a bigger event at the weekend of the 15th to 17th of
      >>> January 2016.

      >>> international gathering/meeting out of this, maybe another agora or another
      >>> blockupy international meeting. US activist would prepare presentations of
      >>> recent movements and would also be ready for various skill share workshops

      • Re: [Squares] [transcollab] Re: [transcollab] Proposal International Gathering/Meeting in Berlin January 2016

        from Cari Machet on Jun 25, 2015 12:06 AM
        why specifically are they going to berlin?

        ... who are they meeting in berlin exactly???

        On Wed, Jun 24, 2015 at 11:29 PM, Örsan Şenalp <orsan1234@...> wrote:

> [...]
        >> |  @InterOcc
        >> <http://t.signauxsix.com/e1t/c/5/f18dQhb0S7lC8dDMPbW2n0x6l2B9nMJW7t5XZs1qg55-N5w02yWRbBJdW8q-c7s56dVZzf3drS6C02?t=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.twitter.com%2Finterocc&si=5459291358625792&pi=7040d12c-98b0-40c2-a2f0-1c5012fa4e4b>
        >> |  Tumblr
        >> <http://t.signauxsix.com/e1t/c/5/f18dQhb0S7lC8dDMPbW2n0x6l2B9nMJW7t5XZs1qg55-N5w02yWRbBJdW8q-c7s56dVZzf3drS6C02?t=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tumblr.com%2Fblog%2Finteroccupy&si=5459291358625792&pi=7040d12c-98b0-40c2-a2f0-1c5012fa4e4b>
        >>    |  Donate
        >> <http://t.signauxsix.com/e1t/c/5/f18dQhb0S7lC8dDMPbW2n0x6l2B9nMJW7t5XZs1qg55-N5w02yWRbBJdW8q-c7s56dVZzf3drS6C02?t=https%3A%2F%2Forg2.salsalabs.com%2Fo%2F7315%2Fdonate_page%2Fdonate-interoccupy&si=5459291358625792&pi=7040d12c-98b0-40c2-a2f0-1c5012fa4e4b>

        Cari Machet
        NYC 646-436-7795
        carimachet@...
        AIM carismachet
        Syria +963-099 277 3243
        Amman +962 077 636 9407
        Berlin +49 152 11779219
        Reykjavik +354 894 8650
        Twitter: @carimachet <https://twitter.com/carimachet>

        7035 690E 5E47 41D4 B0E5 B3D1 AF90 49D6 BE09 2187

        Ruh-roh, this is now necessary: This email is intended only for the
        addressee(s) and may contain confidential information. If you are not the
        intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use of this
        information, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this email without
        permission is strictly prohibited.

        • Re: [Squares] [transcollab] Re: [transcollab] Proposal International Gathering/Meeting in Berlin January 2016

          from Cari Machet on Jun 25, 2015 02:04 PM
          i looked over the people section of the website... i know some of them

          there are some professional organizers in there ... professional organizers
          ran havoc at occupy wall street ... when you know everything already what
          do you need to learn?

          direct democracy and horizontality were not in their purview even

          anyway if people want to discuss the problem of professional organizers i
          can say more about it but if you read the article i sent the other day
          about m15 showing the problem with podemos maybe it can be clearer

          who did they meet with in spain exactly?

          i asked who they plan to meet in germany because there are some issues of
          professional organizers there too

          On Thu, Jun 25, 2015 at 1:45 AM, Cari Machet <carimachet@...> wrote:

> [...]

          --
          Cari Machet
          NYC 646-436-7795
          carimachet@...
          AIM carismachet
          Syria +963-099 277 3243
          Amman +962 077 636 9407
          Berlin +49 152 11779219
          Reykjavik +354 894 8650
          Twitter: @carimachet <https://twitter.com/carimachet>

          7035 690E 5E47 41D4 B0E5 B3D1 AF90 49D6 BE09 2187

          Ruh-roh, this is now necessary: This email is intended only for the
          addressee(s) and may contain confidential information. If you are not the
          intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use of this
          information, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this email without
          permission is strictly prohibited.

      • Re: [Squares] [transcollab] Re: [transcollab] Proposal International Gathering/Meeting in Berlin January 2016

        from jackiews on Jun 25, 2015 05:12 PM
        Pad for the mumble going on now:
        http://piratepad.net/towards-more-international-connexions

        On Wed, Jun 24, 2015 at 5:29 PM, Örsan Şenalp <orsan1234@...> wrote:

> [...]
        >> June?  https://titanpad.com/globalsquareorganisation
        >>
        >> I understand it is mainly about organizing for WSF Quebec 2016, but may
        >> aid as a continuum.
        >>
        >> I'll post the call times, when I see it finalized ( on 2011/lista global
        >> square)
        >>
        >> Jackie
        >>
        >> On Fri, Jun 19, 2015 at 12:47 PM, Adrià Rodríguez de Alòs-Moner <
        >> adria.r.al@...> wrote:
        >>
        >>> I personally it is also a great idea and very necessary. We neet to
        >>> resume the transnational space after the 2011 cyrcle and the new situations
        >>> in the several countries (spain democratic municipalism, Greece Syriza and
        >>> debt crossroad, Turkey post-gezi and HDP emergence, USA antiracist -
        >>> antipolice violence protests...).
        >>>
        >>> Let's bring the proposal to our collectives/groups/networks and let's
        >>> resume the proposal in a coulpe of weeks ;)

    • Re: Re: [transcollab] Re: [Squares] [transcollab] Proposal International Gathering/Meeting in Berlin January 2016

      from Kalinovsky Ploshcha on Jun 23, 2015 11:11 AM
      http://left.by/archives/6249