• 2011movements-fsm discussion

  • Re: Fwd: global-square.net expiring; anyone wants to keep it?

    from Jasper on Dec 12, 2016 08:27 PM
    Hi all,
    Sorry the mails were in my spam folder. Thanks for the replies.
    Me and Orsan just paid for global-square.net so we don't have to worry about that.
    More important, we should talk about what we want to do, so having an online meeting and further email exchange on this would be nice!
    greetings jasper

    Op 12-12-2016 om 19:52 schreef Orsan:

    Begin forwarded message:

    From: Alan Blanes <pharmaworkerco.op@...<mailto:pharmaworkerco.op@...>>
    Date: 23 November 2016 at 19:39:38 GMT+1
    To: Orsan <orsan1234@...<mailto:orsan1234@...>>, orton.intern@...<mailto:orton.intern@...>, Peter Kerr <pkerr@...<mailto:pkerr@...>>, Shan Lavell <shanlavell@...<mailto:shanlavell@...>>, Anthony Crawford <atonycrawford@...<mailto:atonycrawford@...>>, Andrew Teasdale <atamris@...<mailto:atamris@...>>, John Hilary <jhilary@...<mailto:jhilary@...>>, "Anna Barford, Dogwood" <anna@...<mailto:anna@...>>
    Cc: 2011movements-fsm-wsf-discussion@...<mailto:2011movements-fsm-wsf-discussion@...>, Jasper Teunissen <jasperteunissen@...<mailto:jasperteunissen@...>>, Paul Hellyer <pthellyer@...<mailto:pthellyer@...>>, "neville.ogrady" <neville.ogrady@...<mailto:neville.ogrady@...>>, Jeremy Arney <granpaiswatching@...<mailto:granpaiswatching@...>>, Greg Vezina <vezzy@...<mailto:vezzy@...>>, 2011movements-fsm-wsf-discussion-manager@...<mailto:2011movements-fsm-wsf-discussion-manager@...>, Mark Haley <marcos@...<mailto:marcos@...>>
    Subject: Re: [2011movements-fsm discussion] global-square.net<http://global-square.net> expiring; anyone wants to keep it?

    Thanks for the message, Orsan -

    If we are able to get a task force established that could create a network of community legal services, known often in North America as "legal clinics" with a wide common front of participating sectors such as labour, Indigenous Peoples, anti-corruption groups, etc, we could take on the goal of picking up the cause of universal human rights. The records show that this is an extremely neglected area of social development.

    The primary benefit for this would be to enable evidence to be compiled in a manner admissible for court purposes, and the evidence evaluated by the Economic and Social Council in Geneva. This would be a valuable process that would avoid a lot of expense to those who have systemic grievances that should not entail victims having to mount $50,000 court battles. It would mean that evidence that has to be dealt with could no longer be ignored by policies of willful blindness by law enforcement and elected officials.

    I would appreciate the input from all Occupy and World Social Forum participants who communicate via Open FSM to comment  on this idea.

    Solidarity,

    Alan

    On Wed, Nov 23, 2016 at 5:45 AM, Orsan <orsan1234@...<mailto:orsan1234@...>> wrote:
    Alan hi,

    I am not familiar with legal clinics, does it mean to be something like  'borderless lawyers network', build bottom up and linked to the squares and movement. As local groups or struggles do develop their own legal support teams, they can be networked i guess, but at the point of time we have a massive vacuum and need of international solidarity and networking mode then ever (since 2011). I think, in relation to latest crisis and emergence of naked fascism and approaching world scale war between capitalist countries, both what you suggest is needed urgently, at least on top of a networking work for civil-defense and for peace / anti-war.. since we peoples might soon be loosing any legal ways and options to purse.

    Solidarity,
    Orsan

    On 23 Nov 2016, at 07:15, Alan Blanes <pharmaworkerco.op@...<mailto:pharmaworkerco.op@...>> wrote:

    Hi Jasper, Orsan and the whole group who participate in Open FSM -

    I did not see my November 16 post on the Open FSM platform - but I would ask you to give me your thoughts on the idea of inviting Occupy and World Social Forum to consider being a catalyst for a network of legal clinics around the world - that would be a united network of solidarity to look at evidence of dehumanization and other forms of disregard of the basic universal human rights codes that I referenced on November 16.

    My view is that if we are to get an authentic legal clinic network up and running - it would be our best tool for removing the unlawful aspects of neo-liberal economic policies that undermine the public interest.

    Your views on this concept are urgently anticipated.

    I'd like to chip in a third to the raising of the 35 Euros to keep the domain up.

    Best regards

    Alan

    On Tue, Nov 22, 2016 at 12:56 PM, Orsan Senalp <orsan1234@...<mailto:orsan1234@...>> wrote:
    Jasper, thanks for asking and for maintaining the site for last 3 years. If it is okay I like to keep it and am willing to share the costs of doing so!
    Best,
    Orsan

    On 16 nov. 2016, at 17:44, jasper teunissen <jasperteunissen@...<mailto:jasperteunissen@...>> wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > Hope you are all doing well! I just got I reminder that the domain of
    > global-square.net<http://global-square.net> website is expiring in 30 days. The question is what
    > we want to do with it.
    >
    > The Global Square initiative had two relatively successful moments
    > during the Tunis WSF meetings in 2013 and 2015. Unfortunately, the
    > project was not continued during the last WSF meeting in Montreal
    > earlier this year, at least as far as I'm aware.
    >
    > I'm happy to renew the domain and will pay the annual 35 euros, as I did
    > in the past 3 years, but I wondered if anyone would like to keep it and
    > use it.
    >
    > Of course, it would be nice to keep the content for the future, so I
    > saved it here anyway:
    > https://web.archive.org/web/20161116161102/http://www.global-square.net
    >

    > greetings jasper
    >

    > --
    > Archive: http://openfsm.net/projects/2011movements-fsm-wsf/lists/2011movements-fsm-wsf-discussion/archive/2016/11/1479316801020

    Archive: http://openfsm.net/projects/2011movements-fsm-wsf/lists/2011movements-fsm-wsf-discussion/archive/2016/11/1479850367981

  • Re: Re: Fwd: global-square.net expiring; anyone wants to keep it?

    from Alan Blanes on Dec 12, 2016 09:18 PM
    Thank you very much Jasper and Orsan -

    I appreciate your taking this initiative - and if you would like to get a
    10 euro donation  to offset your expense, please let me know. I am
    forwarding this to Greg Vezina who is involved with The Democracy
    Channel.net that would be very appropriate to create a link with the team
    created in 2011 between Occupy and WSF. There is no room for allowing the
    cause of democratic development to be unattended in this particular epoch.

    Solidarity,

    Alan

    On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 11:50 AM, jasper teunissen <
    jasperteunissen@...> wrote:

> [...]
    >> evidence of dehumanization and other forms of disregard of the basic
    >> universal human rights codes that I referenced on November 16.
    >>
    >> My view is that if we are to get an authentic legal clinic network up and
    >> running - it would be our best tool for removing the unlawful aspects of
    >> neo-liberal economic policies that undermine the public interest.
    >>
    >> Your views on this concept are urgently anticipated.
    >>
    >> I'd like to chip in a third to the raising of the 35 Euros to keep the
    >> domain up.
    >>
    >> Best regards
    >>
    >> Alan
    >>
    >> On Tue, Nov 22, 2016 at 12:56 PM, Orsan Senalp <orsan1234@...>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Jasper, thanks for asking and for maintaining the site for last 3 years.
    >>> If it is okay I like to keep it and am willing to share the costs of doing
    >>> Best,

    >>> 2011movements-fsm-wsf-discussion-manager@... for
    >>> questions.
    >>>

    >>> --
    >>> Archive: http://openfsm.net/projects/2011movements-fsm-wsf/lists/2011
    >>> movements-fsm-wsf-discussion/archive/2016/11/1479850367981
    >>> 2011movements-fsm-wsf-discussion-manager@... for
    >>> questions.
    >>>

    > --
    > Archive: http://openfsm.net/[…]/1481574444008
    > <http://openfsm.net/projects/2011movements-fsm-wsf/lists/2011movements-fsm-wsf-discussion/archive/2016/12/1481574444008>

    • Re: Re: Fwd: global-square.net expiring; anyone wants to keep it?

      from Orsan on Dec 12, 2016 10:14 PM
      Hi all,

      Alan, it is very nice to see that you have already some people and ideal to suggest and link up. But may be it can be good to first reunion without proposals and big ideas, just to take stacks of what we have been doing last years. And what we are up to. Then see what ideas we have that we can workout together.

      I think having global-square visions rethink, as it was originally proposed as Heather said, and also as the link between occupy-15m-WSF from late 2012 till 2014 at least actively.. but also as a chance to think of or generate new inspiring ideas.. it is a good base to start with. What do you think?

      Other think is a practical problem with this list..

      Well, after four years, I got signed in first time on the open wsf platform where we have been holding this list, seems like it go all massed up: http://openfsm.net/projects/2011movements-fsm-wsf/lists/2011movements-fsm-wsf-discussion/archive/2016

      Guess that's why I didn't receive last emails from Mikifus, Basstress, Vlad and others.. so I am not sure if anyone or who gets which emails. That is why I was wondering if it is possible at all to move somewhere healthy? May be a global-square list on the website, now that we secured the domain? Open WSF seems like an old, very heavy and not working platform. It is a pity that there seems to be lots of people stacked on it.. So I think can be good to have a clean working email list. But may be it is good idea to first to have an online conversation, on mumble, or Skype (should we doodle a date?)

      What do you think? Of course if you could get this email at all.. to be sure I cc to those people whose emails I could find..

      in Solidarity,
      Orsan

      > On 12 Dec 2016, at 21:41, Alan Blanes <pharmaworkerco.op@...> wrote:
      >
      > Thank you very much Jasper and Orsan -
      >
      > I appreciate your taking this initiative - and if you would like to get a 10 euro donation  to offset your expense, please let me know. I am forwarding this to Greg Vezina who is involved with The Democracy Channel.net that would be very appropriate to create a link with the team created in 2011 between Occupy and WSF. There is no room for allowing the cause of democratic development to be unattended in this particular epoch.
      >
      > Solidarity,
      >
      > Alan
      >
      >> On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 11:50 AM, jasper teunissen <jasperteunissen@...> wrote:
      >> Hi all,
      >> Sorry the mails were in my spam folder. Thanks for the replies.
      >> Me and Orsan just paid for global-square.net so we don't have to worry about that.
      >> More important, we should talk about what we want to do, so having an online meeting and further email exchange on this would be nice!
      >> greetings jasper
      >>

      >> Op 12-12-2016 om 19:52 schreef Orsan:
      >>>

      >>> Begin forwarded message:

      >> --
      >> Archive: http://openfsm.net/[…]/1481574444008

      • Re: Re: Fwd: global-square.net expiring; anyone wants to keep it?

        from Alan Blanes on Dec 12, 2016 10:23 PM
        Thanks Orsan -

        Has there been any discussion of teaming up with the 17 Sustainable
        Development Goals  for the year 2030? It would be really interesting to see
        how World Social Forum and Occupy could become a leading common front on
        this. www.bccic.ca/gecco/

        Alan

        On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 1:36 PM, Orsan <orsan1234@...> wrote:

> [...]
        >>> evidence of dehumanization and other forms of disregard of the basic
        >>> universal human rights codes that I referenced on November 16.
        >>>
        >>> My view is that if we are to get an authentic legal clinic network up
        >>> and running - it would be our best tool for removing the unlawful aspects
        >>> of neo-liberal economic policies that undermine the public interest.
        >>>
        >>> Your views on this concept are urgently anticipated.
        >>>
        >>> I'd like to chip in a third to the raising of the 35 Euros to keep the
        >>> domain up.
        >>>
        >>> Best regards
        >>>
        >>> Alan

        >> --
        >> Archive: http://openfsm.net/[…]/1481574444008
        >> <http://openfsm.net/projects/2011movements-fsm-wsf/lists/2011movements-fsm-wsf-discussion/archive/2016/12/1481574444008>

        • Re: Re: Fwd: global-square.net expiring; anyone wants to keep it?

          from Orsan on Dec 12, 2016 10:50 PM
          Alan hi,

          > On 12 Dec 2016, at 22:47, Alan Blanes <pharmaworkerco.op@...> wrote:
          >
          > 17 Sustainable Development Goals  for the year 2030

          I really don't have any idea what those goals are, nor have I any positive feeling about concepts of 'development' and 'sustainability' defined by  the Western establishment, I am sorry. I just feel many oppressed peoples need to define their our own common goals, spaces and tool, at the moment and there are almost no spaces for networking and collaboration towards creating things those. We had been attacked from many side, left and right, and our wings have been broken in last years. That is how it feels to me.

          As I said, better to have a flat space for conversation before topics, to see who is interested in what. Since there has been sort of long distance space and time vise, between our last interactions neither wsf nor occupy is as it was some years ago. That is why I do believe is more urgent to see first where we are, and have been doing, and to evaluate together what chances there remains to make of a sort of collective work.

          If it is an idea, we can may be think of the next Sunday, like around 17:00 o'clock U.K. time to come together, either on mumble, or Skype, or Jitsi, to have a talk?

          Best,
          Orsan

          • Re: Re: Fwd: global-square.net expiring; anyone wants to keep it?

            from mariangela on Dec 13, 2016 09:21 AM
            Hi
            I received the mail but I think it will be much better to have a new list in a different space

            El 12/12/2016, a las 23:13, Orsan escribió:

            Alan hi,

            > On 12 Dec 2016, at 22:47, Alan Blanes <pharmaworkerco.op@...> wrote:
            >
            > 17 Sustainable Development Goals  for the year 2030

            I really don't have any idea what those goals are, nor have I any positive feeling about concepts of 'development' and 'sustainability' defined by  the Western establishment, I am sorry. I just feel many oppressed peoples need to define their our own common goals, spaces and tool, at the moment and there are almost no spaces for networking and collaboration towards creating things those. We had been attacked from many side, left and right, and our wings have been broken in last years. That is how it feels to me.

            As I said, better to have a flat space for conversation before topics, to see who is interested in what. Since there has been sort of long distance space and time vise, between our last interactions neither wsf nor occupy is as it was some years ago. That is why I do believe is more urgent to see first where we are, and have been doing, and to evaluate together what chances there remains to make of a sort of collective work.

            If it is an idea, we can may be think of the next Sunday, like around 17:00 o'clock U.K. time to come together, either on mumble, or Skype, or Jitsi, to have a talk?

            Best,
            Orsan

            • Re: Re: Fwd: global-square.net expiring; anyone wants to keep it?

              from Heather on Dec 13, 2016 01:25 PM
              I am receiving 2 copies of every email on this one email account,
              sometimes more.  :-p

              H.

              I also agree with all of what Orsan said, it would be nice to just see
              where we all are and what we are doing first, particularly around Global
              Square.