• PSF/FSP Extending my Activities

  • Re: Take a look at FNMI pedagogy's events on Livestream

    from group_fsmwsfextension_canada on Aug 21, 2014 12:00 AM
    thanks julie !

    your line 2 is updated in the table
    http://openfsm.net/projects/canada-etand-fsmwsf/psfextension-list-extended-psf-fsp-activities

    > Follow FNMI pedagogy's profile on Livestream for updates on live events.
    >
    > I will be broadcasting live on Saturday 23 of August 2014. We will be
    > sharing on Identity Land Language Silence Dialogue Learning and
    > Transforming each other.
    >
    > http://new.livestream.com/accounts/9694896
    >
    > You may also join the chat room through Skype @ fnmipedago.
    >
    > Bienvenue ! Welcome!
    >
    > Julie Vaudrin-Charette
    > (workshop 247)
    >

    > Envoyé de mon iPhone

    Thread Outline:
  • Re: Took a look at FNMI pedagogy's events on Livestream

    from ChrisWilliams on Aug 21, 2014 01:57 PM
    Good news for line 2 and Julie.

    On-ground technical support for our Ottawa Livestreamers seems in short supply
    at the start of the day.

    Ethel in Tabaret 325 can't locate a technician, or even a voluteer, to get the
    technology/ projection/ streaming apparatus underway.

    She started at 9am, but would sorely like someone to pop their head in.
    Feeling a bit unloved, and remote support from Australia just doesn't 'cut the
    mustard'.

    chris
    On Aug 21, 2014 12:00 AM, fsmwsfextension canada wrote:
    > thanks julie !
    >
    > your line 2 is updated in the table
    > http://openfsm.net/projects/canada-etand-fsmwsf/psfextension-list-extended-psf-fsp-activities

    > > Follow FNMI pedagogy's profile on Livestream for updates on live events.
    > >
    > > I will be broadcasting live on Saturday 23 of August 2014. We will be
    > > sharing on Identity Land Language Silence Dialogue Learning and
    > > Transforming each other.
    > >
    > > http://new.livestream.com/accounts/9694896
    > >
    > > You may also join the chat room through Skype @ fnmipedago.
    > >
    > > Bienvenue ! Welcome!
    > >
    > > Julie Vaudrin-Charette
    > > (workshop 247)
    > >

    > > Envoyé de mon iPhone

    • Re: Re: Took a look at FNMI pedagogy's events on Livestream

      from medical.geologist@... on Aug 21, 2014 08:47 PM
      Hi Chris! Contrary to whata you might presume from the name of my talk (#365 Seize The Data, Alumni Auditorium 1-4 ppm Sat Aug 23) I am just about totally technologically illiterate and NEED HELP LOL! I also have 3 kids in tow and seemingly endless accommodation snags - caan you please send me a Tech Fairy?!?! Many thanks, Heather

      --
      Archive: http://openfsm.net/projects/canada-etand-fsmwsf/lists/psf-extending-activities-fsp/archive/2014/08/1408629449147

      • Re: Medical Geologist now in safe hands, Line 4 PSF-Extended workshop

        from ChrisWilliams on Aug 22, 2014 12:02 AM
        Hi Heather

        Great news that you have contacted us in advance.

        We have much of your workshop's information already, here
        http://openfsm.net/projects/canada-etand-fsmwsf/psfextension-list-extended-psf-fsp-activities
        , Line 4

        Only need to setup the Livestream.

        I will get the people at tomorrow's (Friday) WSF Cafe to promote your public
        Skype connection well in advance  SiezetheData.extension - I like it, and the
        medical.geologist handle too.

        It might be easier to coordinate over Skype to activate your Livestream; yes?

        Have a great day tomorrow, I'm sure we will speak.
        And we are all looking forward to your workshop.
        Drop in for a coffee and chat sometime.
        The WSF Cafe will be opening adjacent to the Media Centre, probably around
        11am as Gustavo is delivering his PSF-Extended workshop, commencing at 9am.
        He's a good person to get to know, with the tech skills, Livestreaming
        experience, and he will be at WSF Cafe later on tomorrow.

        Ciao!
        Chris
        On Aug 21, 2014 08:47 PM, medical.geologist@... wrote:
        > Hi Chris! Contrary to whata you might presume from the name of my talk (#365
        > Seize The Data, Alumni Auditorium 1-4 ppm Sat Aug 23) I am just about
        > totally technologically illiterate and NEED HELP LOL! I also have 3 kids in
        > tow and seemingly endless accommodation snags - caan you please send me a
        > Tech Fairy?!?! Many thanks, Heather Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless
        > device

        • Re: Re: Medical Geologist now in safe hands, Line 4 PSF-Extended workshop

          from medical.geologist@... on Aug 22, 2014 01:32 AM
          Thanks so much, Chris! I usually have The Amazing Derek (CCed) to work his magic but he wasn't able to make this trip. We're plugged into the Children's Forum in Room 140 90 University Private most of the time except Saturday (can ana Assembly be be xtended?) But I will try to connect with Gustavo ;-) Meanwhile, can you coordinate with Derek re: Livestreaming? I have no Skype capabilities at the moment aand the kids are zonked anyway LOL! Heather

          --
          Archive: http://openfsm.net/projects/canada-etand-fsmwsf/lists/psf-extending-activities-fsp/archive/2014/08/1408665742964

        • Re: Re: Medical Geologist now in safe hands, Line 4 PSF-Extended workshop

          from gcsfred on Aug 22, 2014 02:04 AM
          Yes I c can help with the cafe tomorrow after my workshop. There is a small
          chance a first nations group may need my support during that time but in
          principle I'll be the re. It was not a big crowd there today at lunch time.
          I l left cards with info on the cafe there. I handed over card's myself
          throughout the forum. High competition for attention....
          On Aug 21, 2014 7:53 PM, "Chris Williams" <heather882@...> wrote:

          > Hi Heather
          >
          > Great news that you have contacted us in advance.
          >
          > We have much of your workshop's information already, here
          >
          > http://openfsm.net/projects/canada-etand-fsmwsf/psfextension-list-extended-psf-fsp-activities
          > , Line 4
          >
          > Only need to setup the Livestream.
          >
          > I will get the people at tomorrow's (Friday) WSF Cafe to promote your
          > public
          > Skype connection well in advance  SiezetheData.extension - I like it, and
          > the
          > medical.geologist handle too.
          >
          > It might be easier to coordinate over Skype to activate your Livestream;
          > yes?
          >
          > Have a great day tomorrow, I'm sure we will speak.
          > And we are all looking forward to your workshop.
          > Drop in for a coffee and chat sometime.
          > The WSF Cafe will be opening adjacent to the Media Centre, probably around
          > 11am as Gustavo is delivering his PSF-Extended workshop, commencing at 9am.
          > He's a good person to get to know, with the tech skills, Livestreaming
          > experience, and he will be at WSF Cafe later on tomorrow.
          >
          > Ciao!
          > Chris

          > On Aug 21, 2014 08:47 PM, medical.geologist@... wrote:
          > > Hi Chris! Contrary to whata you might presume from the name of my talk
          > (#365
          > > Seize The Data, Alumni Auditorium 1-4 ppm Sat Aug 23) I am just about
          > > totally technologically illiterate and NEED HELP LOL! I also have 3 kids
          > in
          > > tow and seemingly endless accommodation snags - caan you please send me a
          > > Tech Fairy?!?! Many thanks, Heather Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless
          > > device

            from gcsfred on Aug 22, 2014 02:05 AM
            If you know of people that joined the Skype chats because of the cards,
            please let me know
            On Aug 21, 2014 9:53 PM, "Gustavo Frederico" <gcsfred@...> wrote:

            > Yes I c can help with the cafe tomorrow after my workshop. There is a
            > small chance a first nations group may need my support during that time but
            > in principle I'll be the re. It was not a big crowd there today at lunch
            > time. I l left cards with info on the cafe there. I handed over card's
            > myself throughout the forum. High competition for attention....
            > On Aug 21, 2014 7:53 PM, "Chris Williams" <heather882@...> wrote:
            >
            >> Hi Heather
            >>
            >> Great news that you have contacted us in advance.
            >>
            >> We have much of your workshop's information already, here
            >>
            >> http://openfsm.net/projects/canada-etand-fsmwsf/psfextension-list-extended-psf-fsp-activities
            >> , Line 4
            >>
            >> Only need to setup the Livestream.
            >>
            >> I will get the people at tomorrow's (Friday) WSF Cafe to promote your
            >> public
            >> Skype connection well in advance  SiezetheData.extension - I like it, and
            >> the
            >> medical.geologist handle too.
            >>
            >> It might be easier to coordinate over Skype to activate your Livestream;
            >> yes?
            >>
            >> Have a great day tomorrow, I'm sure we will speak.
            >> And we are all looking forward to your workshop.
            >> Drop in for a coffee and chat sometime.
            >> The WSF Cafe will be opening adjacent to the Media Centre, probably around
            >> 11am as Gustavo is delivering his PSF-Extended workshop, commencing at
            >> 9am.
            >> He's a good person to get to know, with the tech skills, Livestreaming
            >> experience, and he will be at WSF Cafe later on tomorrow.
            >>
            >> Ciao!
            >> Chris
            >>
            >> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            >> On Aug 21, 2014 08:47 PM, medical.geologist@... wrote:
            >> > Hi Chris! Contrary to whata you might presume from the name of my talk
            >> (#365
            >> > Seize The Data, Alumni Auditorium 1-4 ppm Sat Aug 23) I am just about
            >> > totally technologically illiterate and NEED HELP LOL! I also have 3
            >> kids in
            >> > tow and seemingly endless accommodation snags - caan you please send me
            >> > Tech Fairy?!?! Many thanks, Heather Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless
            >> > device

            • Livestream support for Medical Geologist, Line 4 PSF-Extended workshop

              from ChrisWilliams on Aug 22, 2014 10:02 PM
              Overnight, thunderingpiano@... (Derek) provided this response (below).
              Medical.Geologist (Heather) who is conducting Line 4 workshop asked us to
              involve her technical support person, and this is the response so far.

              "Heather sent me 10 or so emails that were related to setting up the
              livesteam, The information was impossible to read, it was all over the place,
              as well as the fact that she forwarded the emails, there had been copies, and
              the order was all over the place, I need information as to how heather needs
              to set up the livesteam so i can help her with that."

              My preference is to provide logical, step-by-step guidance to Derek on getting
              Line 4 workshop livestreamed.  He already has most of the PSF-Extended
              information and a support relationship with Heather's organisation.  He also
              knows the way she operates and seems to have her confidence.

              He may/may not be au fait with the Alumni Auditorium venue at Ottawa
              University, but I am sure WSFCafe staff can provide guidance on that front.

              Please consider and advise.
              Chris
              On Fri, Aug 22, 2014 at 7:03 AM, <heather882@...> wrote:

              Hello Derek

              Heather tells me you can assist with her workshop at Peoples’ Social Forum.

               It is scheduled on Saturday afternoon, commencing at 1pm, and shows on our
              schedule here,
              http://openfsm.net/projects/canada-etand-fsmwsf/psfextension-list-extended-psf-fsp-activities
              as Line 4.

              Whilst we have volunteers on site, I provide assistance to this program from
              Australia.  Are you familiar with the Ottawa University site, Alumni
              (University Centre) Auditorium?

              It seems Heather is already partway down the track in Livestream preparations,
              having initiated a public Skype account.  As can be grasped from the above
              Schedule, our volunteers have most experience with Livestream, but I need to
              confirm that is the direction Heather’s workshop is headed.  Can you please
              elaborate?

              regards
              Chris Williams

                  WSF Café, as a PSF-Extended participant
              > > On Aug 21, 2014 7:53 PM, "Chris Williams" <heather882@...> wrote:
              > >
              > >> Hi Heather
              > >>
              > >> Great news that you have contacted us in advance.
              > >>
              > >> We have much of your workshop's information already, here
              > >>
              > >> http://openfsm.net/projects/canada-etand-fsmwsf/psfextension-list-extended-psf-fsp-activities
              > >> , Line 4
              > >>
              > >> Only need to setup the Livestream.
              > >>
              > >> I will get the people at tomorrow's (Friday) WSF Cafe to promote your
              > >> public
              > >> Skype connection well in advance  SiezetheData.extension - I like it, and
              > >> the
              > >> medical.geologist handle too.
              > >>
              > >> It might be easier to coordinate over Skype to activate your Livestream;
              > >> yes?
              > >>
              > >> Have a great day tomorrow, I'm sure we will speak.
              > >> And we are all looking forward to your workshop.
              > >> Drop in for a coffee and chat sometime.
              > >> The WSF Cafe will be opening adjacent to the Media Centre, probably
              > >> around
              11am as Gustavo is delivering his PSF-Extended workshop,
              > >> commencing at
              9am.
              > >> He's a good person to get to know, with the tech skills, Livestreaming
              > >> experience, and he will be at WSF Cafe later on tomorrow.
              > >>
              > >> Ciao!
              > >> Chris
              > >>
              > >> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              > >> (#365
              > >> kids in

              • Re: Livestream support for Medical Geologist, Line 4 PSF-Extended workshop

                from medical.geologist@... on Aug 23, 2014 03:18 AM
                Hi Chris! Thanks for this - so many new things to take in (definitely not your standard scientific conference LOL!). To be clear, Derek is 6 hours away in Salford and I was hoping he could help set up the Skype account and other "virtual" tasks. Usually, he directs filming and podcasting so I can focus on presenting but he couldn't make this trip and so I'm looking for on-site help from your group ;-). Please let me know if there's anything I need to do tomorrow besides show up with my presentation on a flash drive. Many thanks again, Heather

> [...]

                > >> I will get the people at tomorrow's (Friday) WSF Cafe to promote your
                > >> public
                > >> Skype connection well in advance  SiezetheData.extension - I like it, and
                > >> the
                > >> medical.geologist handle too.
                > >>
                > >> It might be easier to coordinate over Skype to activate your Livestream;
                > >> yes?
                > >>
                > >> Have a great day tomorrow, I'm sure we will speak.
                > >> And we are all looking forward to your workshop.
                > >> Drop in for a coffee and chat sometime.
                > >> The WSF Cafe will be opening adjacent to the Media Centre, probably
                > >> around
                11am as Gustavo is delivering his PSF-Extended workshop,
                > >> commencing at
                9am.
                > >> He's a good person to get to know, with the tech skills, Livestreaming
                > >> experience, and he will be at WSF Cafe later on tomorrow.

                Archive: http://openfsm.net/projects/canada-etand-fsmwsf/lists/psf-extending-activities-fsp/archive/2014/08/1408744954587

                • Re: Livestream support for Medical Geologist, Line 4 PSF-Extended workshop

                  from gcsfred on Aug 23, 2014 03:44 AM
                  Hello Derek, it's Gustavo here.
                    Do you want help with anything related to video streaming for your
                  workshop? I see it scheduled for 1pm at the Auditorium - please
                  confirm. I can be there before - say around 12:40 - and check if you
                  have things working. Do you have a notebook? If so, can you also get
                  an extra network cable (it's called "ethernet"), just in case the
                  guOttawa wireless is not in range?

                  regards
                  Gustavo

                  On Fri, Aug 22, 2014 at 11:07 PM,  <medical.geologist@...> wrote:
                  > Hi Chris! Thanks for this - so many new things to take in (definitely not your standard scientific conference LOL!). To be clear, Derek is 6 hours away in Salford and I was hoping he could help set up the Skype account and other "virtual" tasks. Usually, he directs filming and podcasting so I can focus on presenting but he couldn't make this trip and so I'm looking for on-site help from your group ;-). Please let me know if there's anything I need to do tomorrow besides show up with my presentation on a flash drive. Many thanks again, Heather

          from Gary Shaul on Aug 22, 2014 01:59 AM
          At the risk of getting it wrong, the snag that the Fair Vote Canada
          workshop ran into this morning was with the wireless connection. Once they
          connected with a cable, everything worked and I think the Livestream was a
          success. We couldn't have pulled it off without our own volunteer techie
          from our group.
          Thanks for all the advice whoever you all are.
          Gary

          On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 8:02 PM, Chris Williams <heather882@...>
          wrote:

          > Hi Heather
          >
          > Great news that you have contacted us in advance.
          >
          > We have much of your workshop's information already, here
          >
          > http://openfsm.net/projects/canada-etand-fsmwsf/psfextension-list-extended-psf-fsp-activities
          > , Line 4
          >
          > Only need to setup the Livestream.
          >
          > I will get the people at tomorrow's (Friday) WSF Cafe to promote your
          > public
          > Skype connection well in advance  SiezetheData.extension - I like it, and
          > the
          > medical.geologist handle too.
          >
          > It might be easier to coordinate over Skype to activate your Livestream;
          > yes?
          >
          > Have a great day tomorrow, I'm sure we will speak.
          > And we are all looking forward to your workshop.
          > Drop in for a coffee and chat sometime.
          > The WSF Cafe will be opening adjacent to the Media Centre, probably around
          > 11am as Gustavo is delivering his PSF-Extended workshop, commencing at 9am.
          > He's a good person to get to know, with the tech skills, Livestreaming
          > experience, and he will be at WSF Cafe later on tomorrow.
          >
          > Ciao!
          > Chris

          > On Aug 21, 2014 08:47 PM, medical.geologist@... wrote:
          > > Hi Chris! Contrary to whata you might presume from the name of my talk
          > (#365
          > > Seize The Data, Alumni Auditorium 1-4 ppm Sat Aug 23) I am just about
          > > totally technologically illiterate and NEED HELP LOL! I also have 3 kids
          > in
          > > tow and seemingly endless accommodation snags - caan you please send me a
          > > Tech Fairy?!?! Many thanks, Heather Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless
          > > device

            from gcsfred on Aug 22, 2014 02:01 AM
            Yes in fact it's only certain parts of campus that have free wireless
            (guOttawa)