• Tunis Group 1 - CI futur Practicaltasks

  • Enlargement on internet of next IC meeting in casablanca ?

    from pierre on Nov 15, 2013 02:12 PM
    Hello Tunis Group G1
    http://openfsm.net/projects/cifutur/project-home
    http://openfsm.net/projects/cifutur/lists/cifutur-practicaltasks

    Find  below suggestion from Giuseppe  ( and  Francine,  Teivo ) that the
    meeting in Casablanca be enlarged  on internet,  and announcement of
    Mallory to contribute to it

    To see earlier experiences of enlargement in IC meeting, check the link here
    http://openfsm.net/projects/ic-extended/project-home
    Meeting of monastir and tunis have been largely captured and documented
    In dyarbakir/amed  recording the sound is very clear as it was captured
    from the interpreter booths

    Are there other energies - international or local  volunteers- willing to
    contribute to enlargement  of the meeting ? ( both streaming or being host
    person for those who watch the stream)

    Hamouda, what do you think?
    could someone  kindly inform if the internet connection in the meeting
    place is secured and strong ? , or if internet 3G keys  can be provided?

    :-)

    Pierre

                                               From: hamouda soubhi                                         <hsoubhi@...>
                                               Date: 2013/11/14
                                               To: FSM-WSF - International                                         Council <wsfic_fsmci@...>,                                         Rita Freire <ritafreir@...>,                                         Maria Liège Rocha <liegerocha@...>,                                         Fmas <fmas@...>,                                         Kamal <lahbib_2006@...>,                                         "janaina@..."                                         <janaina@...>,                                         alaa talbi <talbi2001sa@...>,                                         HEDHILI ABDERRRAHMANE <hedhili2008@...>

[...]

        from hamouda on Dec 04, 2013 10:28 PM
        Dear Judith and all
        Babel is member of IC. They must tell us that there ready for translation . We wait for your participation  and reaction your are a part of the dynamic but no news. We are in 10 days from event if babels want to participate your are welcome , we can help  . Jason , Malory and pierre what you Need. ( connection , staff etc..)
        You are all welcome to Casablanca
        In solidarity
        Hamouda

        Envoyé de mon iPhone

        Le 15 nov. 2013 à 17:45, hitchman@... a écrit :

        > Hello all
        >
        > As far as I know, Babels have not been asked to interpret, so I do not expect to be there. I shall however be happy to participate from home.
        >
        > In solidarity
        >
        > Tous vos emails en 1 clic avec l'application SFR Mail sur iPhone et Android - En savoir plus.

        > Message du : 15/11/2013 17:34
        > De : "Jason Nardi " <jason.nardi@...>
        > A : "cifutur-practicaltasks@..." <cifutur-practicaltasks@...>
        > Copie à : malloryk@..., teivo.teivainen@..., mestrum@..., giu.caruso@..., hitchman@...
        > Sujet : Re: [Tunis Group 1 - CI futur Practicaltasks] Enlargement on internet of next IC meeting in casablanca ?
        >

        > Dear Pierre, Hamouda and all,
        >
        > I'm trying to make arrangements to be in Casablanca, but I'm not sure yet.
        >
        > In case I succeed, then I will certainly also help out to make the "extended IC meeting" happen.
        >
        > Otherwise, I will also be on the other side of the connection...
        >
        > ciao
        > Jason
        >

        > On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 3:10 PM, Pierre George <pierregrg@...> wrote:
        >> Hello Tunis Group G1
        >> http://openfsm.net/projects/cifutur/project-home
        >> http://openfsm.net/projects/cifutur/lists/cifutur-practicaltasks
        >>
        >> Find  below suggestion from Giuseppe  ( and  Francine,  Teivo ) that the meeting in Casablanca be enlarged  on internet,  and announcement of Mallory to contribute to it
        >>
        >> To see earlier experiences of enlargement in IC meeting, check the link here
        >> http://openfsm.net/projects/ic-extended/project-home
        >> Meeting of monastir and tunis have been largely captured and documented
        >> In dyarbakir/amed  recording the sound is very clear as it was captured from the interpreter booths
        >>
        >> Are there other energies - international or local  volunteers- willing to contribute to enlargement  of the meeting ? ( both streaming or being host person for those who watch the stream)
        >>
        >> Hamouda, what do you think?
        >> could someone  kindly inform if the internet connection in the meeting place is secured and strong ? , or if internet 3G keys  can be provided?
        >>
        >> :-)
        >>
        >> Pierre

          from jnardi on Dec 05, 2013 08:30 AM
          Bonjour Hamouda,

          one practical check is essential: please have the availability of internet
          connection verified in the place where the meeting will take place, both
          cable/router (will it be accessible? will there be wifi? we CANNOTth
          everybody in the room, or the streaming will be impossible - therefore, we
          will need 2 separate connections).  And if 3G internet keys work there
          (must be tested directly), before buying any...

          For the rest, Pierre's description is fine.

          Merci!
          Jason

          On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 11:26 PM, Hamouda <hsoubhi@...> wrote:

          > Dear Judith and all
          > Babel is member of IC. They must tell us that there ready for translation
          > . We wait for your participation  and reaction your are a part of the
          > dynamic but no news. We are in 10 days from event if babels want to
          > participate your are welcome , we can help  . Jason , Malory and pierre
          > what you Need. ( connection , staff etc..)
          > You are all welcome to Casablanca
          > In solidarity
          > Hamouda
          >

          > Envoyé de mon iPhone
          >
          > Le 15 nov. 2013 à 17:45, hitchman@... a écrit :
          >
          > Hello all
          >
          > As far as I know, Babels have not been asked to interpret, so I do not
          > expect to be there. I shall however be happy to participate from home.
          >
          > In solidarity
          >
          > Tous vos emails en 1 clic avec l'application SFR Mail sur iPhone et
          > Android - En savoir plus<http://www.sfr.fr/telephonie-mobile/services-options/services-smartphones/applications-sfr/sfr-mail/android?sfrintid=M_email_signature>
          > .

          > Message du : 15/11/2013 17:34
          > De : "Jason Nardi " <jason.nardi@...>
          > A : "cifutur-practicaltasks@..." <
          > cifutur-practicaltasks@...>
          > Copie à : malloryk@..., teivo.teivainen@...,
          > mestrum@..., giu.caruso@..., hitchman@...
          > Sujet : Re: [Tunis Group 1 - CI futur Practicaltasks] Enlargement on
          > internet of next IC meeting in casablanca ?
          >

          > Dear Pierre, Hamouda and all,
          >
          > I'm trying to make arrangements to be in Casablanca, but I'm not sure yet.
          >
          > In case I succeed, then I will certainly also help out to make the
          > "extended IC meeting" happen.
          >
          > Otherwise, I will also be on the other side of the connection...
          >
          > ciao
          > Jason
          >

          > On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 3:10 PM, Pierre George <pierregrg@...>wrote:
          >
          >> Hello Tunis Group G1
          >> http://openfsm.net/projects/cifutur/project-home
          >> http://openfsm.net/projects/cifutur/lists/cifutur-practicaltasks
          >>
          >> Find  below suggestion from Giuseppe  ( and  Francine,  Teivo ) that the
          >> meeting in Casablanca be enlarged  on internet,  and announcement of
          >> Mallory to contribute to it
          >>
          >> To see earlier experiences of enlargement in IC meeting, check the link
          >> here
          >> http://openfsm.net/projects/ic-extended/project-home
          >> Meeting of monastir and tunis have been largely captured and documented
          >> In dyarbakir/amed  recording the sound is very clear as it was captured
          >> from the interpreter booths
          >>
          >> Are there other energies - international or local  volunteers- willing to
          >> contribute to enlargement  of the meeting ? ( both streaming or being host
          >> person for those who watch the stream)
          >>
          >> Hamouda, what do you think?
          >> could someone  kindly inform if the internet connection in the meeting
          >> place is secured and strong ? , or if internet 3G keys  can be provided?
          >>
          >> :-)
          >>
          >> Pierre

      from raphael on Nov 15, 2013 05:04 PM
      Hi everyone,
      It would be a very good idea to extend the next IC meeting in Casablanca.
      Here in Quebec, we will support the initiative as we can.
      Raphael.

      2013/11/15 Jason Nardi <jason.nardi@...>

      > Dear Pierre, Hamouda and all,
      >
      > I'm trying to make arrangements to be in Casablanca, but I'm not sure yet.
      >
      > In case I succeed, then I will certainly also help out to make the
      > "extended IC meeting" happen.
      >
      > Otherwise, I will also be on the other side of the connection...
      >
      > ciao
      > Jason
      >

      > On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 3:10 PM, Pierre George <pierregrg@...>wrote:
      >
      >> Hello Tunis Group G1
      >> http://openfsm.net/projects/cifutur/project-home
      >> http://openfsm.net/projects/cifutur/lists/cifutur-practicaltasks
      >>
      >> Find  below suggestion from Giuseppe  ( and  Francine,  Teivo ) that the
      >> meeting in Casablanca be enlarged  on internet,  and announcement of
      >> Mallory to contribute to it
      >>
      >> To see earlier experiences of enlargement in IC meeting, check the link
      >> here
      >> http://openfsm.net/projects/ic-extended/project-home
      >> Meeting of monastir and tunis have been largely captured and documented
      >> In dyarbakir/amed  recording the sound is very clear as it was captured
      >> from the interpreter booths
      >>
      >> Are there other energies - international or local  volunteers- willing to
      >> contribute to enlargement  of the meeting ? ( both streaming or being host
      >> person for those who watch the stream)
      >>
      >> Hamouda, what do you think?
      >> could someone  kindly inform if the internet connection in the meeting
      >> place is secured and strong ? , or if internet 3G keys  can be provided?
      >>
      >> :-)
      >>
      >> Pierre

        from chris on Dec 04, 2013 10:08 PM
        Hi everyone,

        I intend joining the extended-Casablanca meet, irrespective of the time
        schedule.  It will be good to hear Rita's intentions for alternative media,
        and from Pierre on progress with the questionnaires/ consultations.

        til Casablanca
        Chris
        (heather882@...)
        On Nov 15, 2013 05:04 PM, Raphael Canet wrote:
        > Hi everyone,
        > It would be a very good idea to extend the next IC meeting in Casablanca.
        > Here in Quebec, we will support the initiative as we can.
        > Raphael.
        >

        > 2013/11/15 Jason Nardi <jason.nardi@...>
        >
        > > Dear Pierre, Hamouda and all,
        > >
        > > I'm trying to make arrangements to be in Casablanca, but I'm not sure yet.
        > >
        > > In case I succeed, then I will certainly also help out to make the
        > > "extended IC meeting" happen.
        > >
        > > Otherwise, I will also be on the other side of the connection...
        > >
        > > ciao
        > > Jason
        > >

        > > On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 3:10 PM, Pierre George <pierregrg@...>wrote:
        > >
        > >> Hello Tunis Group G1
        > >> http://openfsm.net/projects/cifutur/project-home
        > >> http://openfsm.net/projects/cifutur/lists/cifutur-practicaltasks
        > >>
        > >> Find  below suggestion from Giuseppe  ( and  Francine,  Teivo ) that the
        > >> meeting in Casablanca be enlarged  on internet,  and announcement of
        > >> Mallory to contribute to it
        > >>
        > >> To see earlier experiences of enlargement in IC meeting, check the link
        > >> here
        > >> http://openfsm.net/projects/ic-extended/project-home
        > >> Meeting of monastir and tunis have been largely captured and documented
        > >> In dyarbakir/amed  recording the sound is very clear as it was captured
        > >> from the interpreter booths
        > >>
        > >> Are there other energies - international or local  volunteers- willing to
        > >> contribute to enlargement  of the meeting ? ( both streaming or being
        > >> host
        person for those who watch the stream)

        > >> Hamouda, what do you think?
        > >> could someone  kindly inform if the internet connection in the meeting
        > >> place is secured and strong ? , or if internet 3G keys  can be provided?
        > >>
        > >> :-)
        > >>
        > >> Pierre

        I can while in Casablanca.

        cifutur-practicaltasks@.... Please
        cifutur-practicaltasks-manager@... for questions.

        > > --
        > > Archive:
        > >
        > > http://openfsm.net/[…]/1384533439505<http://openfsm.net/projects/cifutur/lists/cifutur-practicaltasks/archive/2013/11/1384533439505>
        cifutur-practicaltasks@.... Please
        > > contact
        cifutur-practicaltasks-manager@... for questions.

    • Re: Re: Enlargement on internet of next IC meeting in casablanca ?

      from jnardi on Dec 04, 2013 11:12 AM
      Hello everybody,

      I can finally confirm my presence at the IC meeting in Casablanca.

      As previously said, I'm available to help with the IC "enlargement on
      internet", which also means how we will deal with the different languages
      and we should now beforehand how interpretation will be done.  Hamouda, can
      you give some more information on this aspect?

      I also have a point about the IC agenda: I guess it will be confirmed when
      we're there, but there is no space for working groups / commission
      discussions.  True, we can decide that those are a way of working of the
      past and that we need to reformulate them, as we are discussing in general
      on if and how the IC should continue to exist... but in any case, I think a
      few hours officially scheduled should be left for any form of working group
      that will come out.

      I would like that the wsf internet strategy and tools be discussed as a
      priority for the continuation of the wsf process, whatever form it will
      take.  I do have issues and proposals for that that I would like to raise.
       As well as for the membership and different levels of involvement for
      networks, campaigns and organizations.  And a more extensive survey to all
      participants to the WSF events and process that we can reach out to...

      So if this group (which was given the mandate to work on practical tasks
      for the next IC meeting) can work on this, I think it would really be
      useful!

      In solidarity
      Jason

      On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 6:45 PM, <hitchman@...> wrote:

      > Hello all
      >
      > As far as I know, Babels have not been asked to interpret, so I do not
      > expect to be there. I shall however be happy to participate from home.
      >
      > In solidarity
      >
      > Tous vos emails en 1 clic avec l'application SFR Mail sur iPhone et
      > Android - En savoir plus<http://www.sfr.fr/telephonie-mobile/services-options/services-smartphones/applications-sfr/sfr-mail/android?sfrintid=M_email_signature>
      > .

      > Message du : 15/11/2013 17:34
      > De : "Jason Nardi " <jason.nardi@...>
      > A : "cifutur-practicaltasks@..." <
      > cifutur-practicaltasks@...>
      > Copie à : malloryk@..., teivo.teivainen@...,
      > mestrum@..., giu.caruso@..., hitchman@...
      > Sujet : Re: [Tunis Group 1 - CI futur Practicaltasks] Enlargement on
      > internet of next IC meeting in casablanca ?
      >

      > Dear Pierre, Hamouda and all,
      >
      > I'm trying to make arrangements to be in Casablanca, but I'm not sure yet.
      >
      > In case I succeed, then I will certainly also help out to make the
      > "extended IC meeting" happen.
      >
      > Otherwise, I will also be on the other side of the connection...
      >
      > ciao
      > Jason
      >

      > On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 3:10 PM, Pierre George <pierregrg@...>wrote:
      >
      >> Hello Tunis Group G1
      >> http://openfsm.net/projects/cifutur/project-home
      >> http://openfsm.net/projects/cifutur/lists/cifutur-practicaltasks
      >>
      >> Find  below suggestion from Giuseppe  ( and  Francine,  Teivo ) that the
      >> meeting in Casablanca be enlarged  on internet,  and announcement of
      >> Mallory to contribute to it
      >>
      >> To see earlier experiences of enlargement in IC meeting, check the link
      >> here
      >> http://openfsm.net/projects/ic-extended/project-home
      >> Meeting of monastir and tunis have been largely captured and documented
      >> In dyarbakir/amed  recording the sound is very clear as it was captured
      >> from the interpreter booths
      >>
      >> Are there other energies - international or local  volunteers- willing to
      >> contribute to enlargement  of the meeting ? ( both streaming or being host
      >> person for those who watch the stream)
      >>
      >> Hamouda, what do you think?
      >> could someone  kindly inform if the internet connection in the meeting
      >> place is secured and strong ? , or if internet 3G keys  can be provided?
      >>
      >> :-)
      >>
      >> Pierre

        from giuseppe on Dec 04, 2013 10:08 PM
        Dear Jason,

        thank you for this practical note. The attempt to make a video link
        meaningful for as many people as possible takes a lot of energy and
        planning, i understand, and also a lot of technical knowledge. Thank you
        for starting this conversation. I won't be present in Casablanca, but to
        the extent that it is possible i wish to be there and contribute to the
        work. Translation for sure is the crucial issue for those who won't be
        wearing headphones.

        Hugs