• Communication commission discussion

Re: For the IC meeting:agenda proposal for the 1st day

from Jason Nardi on May 01, 2010 05:36 AM
Dear Grégoire and Judith,

we're always struggling with the language issues and the interpretation in
particular.  After 10 years of World, Regional and local social forums,
where are we at?  What progress and what challenges do we face?  How can we
make it a central issue - a political one as well, since the Forum stands
for inclusion and participation at all levels - so it is not considered just
a logistical / organisational matter?

It is unfortunate that neither of you can be at the IC meeting in Mexico,
but I and hopefully others will pose those questions and ask for a real
debate to take place.  It probably would be useful if you could write a few
paragraphs with Babels experience up to date.

cheers,
Jason