• Communication commission discussion

RE: EN/PT Re: texto base para CI -insumos

from dan baron on May 01, 2010 10:12 AM
Hi Jason and all

Thanks. The document seems ready.

Obrigado. Me parece que o documento esta pronto.

I look forward to the strategic discussion.
Antecipo a discussao estrategica.

Abracos solidarios, ate Mexico!
Dan

Dan Baron
IDEA President 2007-2010
Chair of the World Alliance for Arts Education
www.idea-org.net

From: jason.nardi@...
Date: Sat, 1 May 2010 07:46:17 +0200
Subject: Re: EN/PT Re: [Communication commission discussion] texto base para CI -insumos
To: communication-commission-discussion@...
CC: apacor@...

Dear all,

I'm including the last revision of the document for the IC, which I'd like to send tomorrow (I just arrived in Mexico city and it's late at night).

Thanks Antonio, for your comment - the idea of this document is not to get into details of every experience; there is a separate compilation of the different activities of the Comcom, which I hope I can finish by tomorrow and will distribute to all IC members during the meeting.

saludos
Jason

Hola a todos,

Estoy incluyendo la última revisión del documento para el CI, que me gustaría enviar mañana (me acaba de llegar a la ciudad de México y es tarde en la noche).

Gracias Antonio, por tu comentario - la idea de este documento no es entrar en detalles de cada experiencia; hay una recopilación separada de las diferentes actividades de la ComCom, que espero poder terminar mañana y distribuirá a todos los IC miembros durante la reunión.

saludos
Jason

2010/4/30 antonio pacor <apacor@...>

Dear all,
I think that all of us got different experience in this years of struggle against the hegemonic media .
So I dont understand if we have also to write the history of hours experience in terms of tv and videos, also if we were not involve " officialy" in the communication Commision since the meeting in the Trasimeno Lake.
For example like italian weare started in the Florence Social Forum were we open a TV ( more the 150 peoples involve) digital Tv, or in India were with the indian and pakistany team we produced highlights , daily video , always in a collective way also if we did not know personally the Brasilian project. Ours common struggle and the space of the forua, European, Local and World social forum put us in contact and then after some years we did all together the Global Day of Action that it was a summa of the different experience .
So Please let me know if we have to produce , as focuspuller, a short document about the indipendent video path that involve us and other collectives  .
The indiam team leaded by Paromita Vora, the camerandes of Mali,  the tv group of Nairoby Slum etc etc .
I will ask to you also if we have to do that for the distribution with satellite at the international tv, because in terms of contact we reach millions and millions of people around the world , also during Porto Alegre 2005 where the eurovision was not presented , but after our job come back in Maly, Nairobi, Belem , Global Day of ACtion.
thanks and a huge hug to everybody.

paco
focuspuller

2010/4/30 <rita@...>

Jason

Obrigada pela solução proposta. Mas independentemente de documentos anexados, creio que seria importante que o texto basico expresse as distintas vozes e processos históricos que hoje interagem para a comunicação.  Talvez com alguma revisão.

O item sobre o primeiro GT é um claro exemplo. Eu não me referi 'a coberturas (apenas) feitas durante o evento FSM, mas a meses e meses de trabalho coletivo, dese a carta conceitual em 2004, até o relato e carta enviados ao CI. Me recordo de que tínhamos uma lista bem participativa moderada pela Patrícia Giufridda (que então trabalhava com a Alessandra Ceregatti), além dos eventos presenciais. Entao, penso que a memória disso seja possível.

Eu sinto de verdade por não ter enviadoo documento que voce pede, mas compreenda que relatos de atividades coletivas da Ciranda no FSM nao depende só de que eu escreva um texto por minha conta. Acabamos de encerrar nosso encontro de dia inteiro sobre a comunicação e estamos coletando relatos sobre ele ainda.

Uma decisão positiva desse encontro é que eu deveria fazer esforço para participar da reunião do CI. Eu recebo meu visto amanhã. Então espero estar com voce no México.

Até lá e obrigada pelas observações

Rita

Thank you for the way you suggest but

Independent of separated documents, I think that the basic text should express the the diferents voices and historical process interacting for the communication today. Maybe we can make some copydesk.

The item about the first WG is a clear example. I didn´t refer a coverage made during the FSM event, but months by months of collective work since the conceptual letter in 2004 until the report sent to the IC. I remember we had a participative list moderated by Patricia Giufridda (working with Alessandra Ceregatti), apart of presential and virtual meetings. Then, I consider memory is posible.

We really sorry about we didn´t send the document you ask for, but you know, the reports on the collective activities of Ciranda in the WSF don´t depend only of the text I could write by myself. We are just finishing our all- day-meeting debating communication issues and collecting reports of it.

But a positive decision of this meeting was that I should to make efforts to be present in this IC meeting. I´ll receive my visa tomorrow. Then, I hope to work with you in Mexico.

See you there and thank you for your comments
[]s
Rita

Citando Jason Nardi <jason.nardi@...>:

Hi Rita,

thanks for your contribution!

And thanks to the others as well... different points of view are converging
- we should have started this much earlier, but we'll have time to discuss
during and after Mexico, nothing is written in stone, fortunately!

Just one point, Rita, that I find is important: the part you added titled
"Comunicación compartida – Colectivos se integran a la comunicación del FSM"
is what we discussed would be an annex at the end of the document to give it
more space and dignity ("El tercero es un excursos sobre la experiencia
comunicacion compartida y independiente que saliò desde el primero FSM en
Porto Alegre y se ha desarrollado hasta hoy"), which you agreed on and had
taken charge to draft.  I suggest you complete it with some more info on how
it evolved and especially what is the situation today (and leave how Salete
had corrected in her revision of the first part of the document).

On the other hand, I don't agree that all those activities cited in that
paragraph where promoted by the International Council or by a working group
(GT) inside it as a pre-Communication commission ("Ese primer GT de
Comunicación del Consejo Internacional ha logrado reunir mas de 100
participantes..."): many were and are independent initiatives that take
place (only) during the Forums, with mainly local participation or some
stimulation by the Forum organising committees.  They are certainly and
fully part of the process, but distinct (historically I mean) from the IC.
I wish they had taken part to  the work in the IC, but unfortunately this
hasn't happened yet... I do however agree that the role of the Communication
commission is to  stimulate and widen participation in the dialogues you
mention ("estimular y ampliar a participación en esos diálogos").
I really think we need to discuss this further, especially the "how to" do
it.

As for the other annex ("el segundo documento es una evaluación sobre las
actividades en marcha, para que se pueda apreciar la situación existente"),
we're still missing Ciranda's report on activities to facilitate alternative
media coverage of the first 3-4 months of 2010, which you also stimulated in
March.  As of now, we have the one on Press, Video/wstv, Expanded and report
of the "tech group".

I'll send a recompiled draft tomorrow -- though I'm traveling the whole day,
so I hope I can make it.

cheers,
Jason

2010/4/29 <rita@...>

Hi

We understand that we have three interactives process under the called “WSF
communication”, together in he same efforts to build the Communication
 Comission, but as diferents processes in dialogue inside the Com Com and
inside the WSF process. Because of that, it is natural that some part of our
points of views are more visible than others, according who speaks about.
Then, we contribute with some paragraphs according our experiences. They
are in red color (in spanish). Thanks Jason and all of you who started this
document. The contribution we send to you was pointed in the Ciranda last
meeting in São Paulo, last sunday.

Olá

Nós entendemos que existem três processos interagindo na chamada
Comunicação do FSM, juntos no mesmo esforço de construir a Comissão de
Comunicação, em sua diversidade de vozes, mas como diferentes processos em
diálogo dentro da Com Com e dentro do processo FSM. Por causa disso, é
natural que parte dos nossos pontos de vista estejam mais visíveis que
outros, dependendo de quem estiver falando.
Assim, nós contribuimos para o texto com alguns parágrafos que refletem
nossa experiência. Eles estão em vermelho (e em castellano). Obrigada Jason
e a vocês que iniciaram este documento. A contribuição que estamos enviando
foi apontada no último encontro da Ciranda em São Paulo, no último domingo.

saludos
Rita

Citando Salete Camba <salete@...>:

Olá todas/os

Algumas contribuições rápidas feitas em verde
Bj
Salete

Pierre George escreveu:

Hi Monica and all

Thanks Monica for reacting  quickly...
i welcome this needed  discussion .time , even if ends up being   very
short ...
I am glad you are agreeng  on two important  things :  the  paragraph
about 2008 and the   distinction about internal and  external dimension of
the communication which is mentionned  explicitly in various paragraphs

now clarifying  on two observations you made
1 / why specify "forum "event"  and not just "forum" ,
 is  to  recall that we avoid equating the events with the  process...
and remind that  "comunicating the process to rest of  the world"   is still
a goal one concrete step forward can be  the  accumulation of events as in
2010, assuming there are more " binds"  between them   this could  be aa step
in creating a global continous  presence of wsf  - the end of the  paragraph
alludes to this  we  exchanged on this inside comcom  in rabat last year ,
see the  header of our text there

http://openfsm.net/projects/communication-commission/comcom-report-in-ic-rabat-en
so i totally agree with you!  .; we are motivated by the process,  and
cannot be contenet just wiht events ,  and look for ways to go  beyond one
event per year, or isolated events,   2 /about ressources.
You are right that organisations can contribute any kind of  ressources
 .the point i wanted to make here is that- through  dialogue in the IC
(and after it )- we are looking for ways to  formulate with the
organisations,  "how" they can contribute  Tthe  intention here it to
mention "facilitation" which is a task of IC  commission  , and " give
example" in using the "spaces" provided by   the "facilitation" :
 sus estructuras y sus recursos (humanos) a facilitar procesos
 comunicacionales en el proceso foro  y  dar ejemplo en usar   concretamente
los “espacios de visibilidad e intercomunicacion “asi  creados. : for
instance  world social forum.info  <http://forum.info> is a space
created and faciltitated by ic  comcom to communicate the process  , now
what can be proposed  to  IC organsiations is to co-facilitate  this space ,
how ,    and to  concretely "use" it , setting example , and developing
practices
Best regards
Pierre
2010/4/28 Monica Di Sisto <moni.disisto@... <mailto:
moni.disisto@...>>

 Hi to all!
 I think that our mexican agenda is already stuffed and we can't
 add other focus, sorry Pierre.
 Some observation about your revision of the document:
 - "event forum" it's not correct, because our commission don't
 participate just in "event" but support the WSF rocess, otherwise
 I don't think most of us would be interested in.
 - recursos we're using because of the IC mandate are not just
 humanos, but also technical, economic, ideal, energetics and so
 on, so your emendament in not correct
 Other parts are confused and not add any substantial as such.
 For those reasons I support the Roberto+Jason+Pia+Norma+...
 version of the document, with the ecception of the para about 2008
 and the distinction about internal and external dimension of the
 communication.
 Best, see U in Mexico
      Monica

      2010/4/28 <pierre.george@... <mailto:
pierre.george@...>>

     Hola a todo/as

     Aqui viene una version del texto-base presentado  por jason
      con unos
     aportes  ( en azul en el texto )  , con 3 elementos
     principales , que sean
     o no incorporados valen la pena considerar en el dialogo con el CI

     1 >> tomar en cuenta la experiencia de 2008 que consolido
     bastante la
     comission,

     2 - >> agregar mas que estamos buscando como formular maneras de
     incorporar mas organizaciones del CI a facilitar los processos de
     comunicacion relativos al foro, que por esto necesitamos
     tiempo de dialogo
     en el CI

     3 >> complementar la propuesta b) - mencionando parte interna
     e externa de
     la comunicacion

      For the agenda of 1st day  i think the proposal is  very
     good, i would
     submit  some more items  to be considered in our encounters
     wiht other
     commissions

     -social networks as outreach tools  for "expansion"
     -intercommunication over distance  for "methdology"
     -making preparation and follow up  phase of events more
     participatory for
     "methodology "
     -nature and importane of "facilitation"   for "methodology"
     -communication between events  for "strategy" ( strenghthen
      common
     identity of a sequence of events )
     - facilitation role of IC  for "strategy"

     hasta pronto

     Pierre

--
Archive: http://openfsm.net/[ <http://openfsm.net/%5B>…]/1272475482327