• Communication commission discussion

Re: [Wsfic_fsmci] NIGD report of latest IC meeting

from Vinod Raina on May 11, 2010 06:26 PM
Dear Giuseppe,

>From someone who couldn't see everyone at Mexico, a big thanks for this
prompt report, which brings in a bit of analysis along with description. I
particularly like the way you have crafted the paragraph on the LG. Sitting
here in India I can visualize how the discussion must have taken place - all
over!

But my constant worry continues to be communication and its commission. I
had seen Chico's inputs on the issue, and wonder whether they were
discussed, and to what end. I feel the WSF is not communicating with the
movements, media and the World in general effectively; not because of not
trying, the problem seems to me that it is trying too much, and in the
process needlessly complicating and 'technologizing' things, rather than
keeping it simple and easily accessible, which is what effective political
action requires (a bit like your prompt report). Hope the Mexico meeting has
proved me wrong on this count.

Best wishes,

Vinod

On 11 May 2010 17:23, Giuseppe Caruso <giu.caruso@...> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> Espanol abajo
>
> it was great to see many of you in Mexico City. Please find attached NIGD
> habitual report. Please feel free to circulate it to whomever you feel would
> be interested in following the WSF process. Apologies it is only in English
>

> que gusta ver a much@s de usteded en DF. Aqui va mi reporte de la reunion
> pero lamentablemente solamente en Ingles,
>
> Abrazos
> Giuseppe
>

> --
> Dr. Giuseppe Caruso
> Post-Doctoral Researcher
> Centre of Excellence in Global Governance Research - University of Helsinki
> PO Box 4 (Yliopistonkatu, 3)
> 00014 Helsinki - Finland
> email: giu.caruso@...
> giuseppe.caruso@...