• Communication commission discussion

Re: Re: AN INTEGRATION ABOUT WSFTV : Shared communication, alternative media

from antonio pacor on May 18, 2010 10:49 PM
dear Chris,
right know i  know that Andrea and other german camerades part of a Rosa
Luxemburg Foundation are preparing a production of videosbefore  and during
the European Social Forum, they will upload on wsftv .
Yesterday I spoke with Andrea about any chanche to do a streaming from
Istambul, two kind of streaming, one with a compilation of video, the other
one can be is someone can  film some debate or assebley like  Expanded and
i'm very happy to recive your mail.
Right know i did not contact yet the ESF in Istambul to know if there are
some groups of videoactiviest and how is the internet infrastructure
situations, connections working space etc, do you know something?
About the videos of the Osaka Social Forum I spoke with Yoko and other
Japanese camerades different times to have the chance to upload the videos
but unfortunately i 'did not get any answer.
Using sistem like usstream or live stream if you dont pay you have the
advertising on the screen and honestly i dont know if you can store the file
of the shooting. In osaka images appear the adv of pentagontv....
The adverstising thats is the reasons  why we did not embedd on wsftv the
transmission, we discussed about that in Paris during the techie meeting and
Pierre was there. I think that different sistem like redV that is a free
software or usstream and also live stream can help a lot , but in the case
of using proprietary software at least we cannot have advertising popping up
during the transmission.
wsftv is a platform made on a base of free software, plumi, and is an open
space free from adv, and any "video activities" can be upload and download
and aslo how I said there is the chance to have an ebedded video screen with
videostreaming so let try together to find a solution.
I got a marvelous experience with the Asian camerades during the Global Day
of Action 2008, many groups uploaded videos on wsftv and also on an ftp for
a broadcasting distribution, was really a great job, so if you have video
activists to involve, please do it.
About the European contents we were at the Malmoe ESF and also in all the
ESF but i think that only some of the forum before Malmoe are uploaded,
regarding the advise if there is a group we can organize a presentation of
wsftv of course.
Regarding the info about wsftv you will find into the site, World Social
Forum Principle Chart, how to use it and a basic explanation of the site. In
the next day we will start a general upgrade of the site.
grazie e ciao
paco

Return to date view: threaded or flat