• Communication commission discussion

Re: fsm2011 website

from rita freire on Jan 21, 2011 01:29 PM
Mallory, this is really an important front. Thank you for that.
This evening, we'll have a little meeting of Ciranda's management towards
Dakar and we'll include your demand and the WSF websites linkages to the new
section
We also ask you, Victor and the team of web design to  insert the RSS of
Ciranda, once well be updating it with news on alternative media coverage
The same question we adress to the WSFinfo and WSF's closer websites.

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 10:25 AM, Claudia Diez de Medina <kosi@...>wrote:

> [...]
> been able to follow actively the meetings but we're catching up and
> following the work you're all doing.
>
> Good work, Claudia
>
> Jason Nardi <jason.nardi@...> ha scritto:
>
>  Hi Mallory!
>>
>> Great to hear this!
>>
>> I have some suggestions that go back months:
>>
>> In the home page, where the banners (rotating each time the page is
>> loaded)
>> are:
>> - Can you add the Worldsocialforum.info banner and link with the others at
>> the bottom of the home page?
>> - The link to  TerraViva 2010 (http://www.ips.org/TV/wsf2010), should
>> have
>> TerraViva as title, not IPS
>> - There should be a link to the radio forum (
>> http://www.forosocialradios.org)
>> as well, instead of AMARC
>> - There should also be a banner for DAKAR EXTENDED in evidence: it is one
>> of
>> the main "internet" activities, it should be visible
>>

>> Besides that, as far as the PRESS&MEDIA section goes, in English it is
>> still
>> "site em construção" and should be at least with the same text as in
>> Portuguese (part of it is in the submenu "Media Center").  Same for the
>> "In
>> the Media" Tab in home page.
>>
>> For the international press, as Monica said, we're working on the
>> worldsocialforum.info site.  An RSS can be added (as well as viceversa:
>> is
>> it possible to have the rss link to fsm2011.org?) to have news feeds from
>> all over the world:  http://www.worldsocialforum.info/feeds/news/RSS
>>
>> Finally, one question for the African side of the comcom: I've looked for
>> Flamme d'Afrique on the web, but only found the old website from 2009
>> (inside the Panos website, which doesn't even mention the FSM2011!).  I
>> had
>> understood that Flamme would be one of the main protagonists for FSM2011.
>>  Can someone tell us what the situation is?  I am not being polemic - on
>> the
>> contrary I would expect Flamme also to be mentioned amongst the shared
>> media
>> with a logo on the home page, etc. and contributions to the content of the
>> fsm2011.org website.  But where is it?
>>
>> Thanks!
>> Jason
>>
>> 2011/1/21 Mallory Knodel <mallory@...>
>>
>>   Hi, everyone-
>>>
>>> I'm helping a bit with the website updates. If you can send text
>>> (translated, preferably), I am very happy to post it.
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> -Mallory
>>>

>>> On 01/20/2011 11:11 AM, Monica Di Sisto wrote:
>>>
>>> Dear all,
>>> it's crucial now to concentrate the efforts, as Antonio stressed, to
>>> raise
>>> international visibility of the Forum. If you go to
>>> for the intl media we're contacting and directly recalling in those days

Return to date view: threaded or flat