• Communication commission discussion

Re: SHAREDCOM MEETING proposal - Feb 5

from "Abdullah Vawda [IPS Africa]" on Jan 28, 2011 10:22 AM
Dear Jason,

This type of meeting will be very useful for al of us ahead of the WSF.

I'm busy finalising our flight bookings and will confirm the proposed date/time later on.

Would it be okay to meet on Sunday morning?

Regards,
Abdullah

----- Original Message -----
  From: Jason Nardi
  To: Abdullah Vawda [IPS Africa]
  Cc: Mohamed Leghtas ; hsoubhi@... ; bongani@... ; asfcouncil@... ; heliosmenezes@... ; awadione@... ; rita@... ; alymanab@... ; Sophie Nick ; fmas@... ; Mamadou diouf ; demba moussa dembele ; Buuba Diop ; Noma CAMARA ; communication-commission-discussion@... ; Pauline Bend ; Fatma Alloo ; Diana SENGHOR ; mallory@... ; ritafreir@... ; tidiane@... ; vawdaa@... ; Claudia Diez de Medina ; antonio pacor ; Monica Di Sisto ; silvia koch
  Sent: Friday, January 28, 2011 12:06 PM
  Subject: [Communication commission discussion] Re: Update from IPS + SHAREDCOM MEETING proposal - Feb 5

  Dear Abdullah,

  thanks for this update - it sounds really great!

  This effort to join forces will certainly be fruitful.

  Can we think of a meeting of the "shared communication initiatives" and press activities on the 5th of February?  At the media center, around lunch time?

  Who could / would be present?

  cheers,
  Jason

  On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 10:45 AM, Abdullah Vawda [IPS Africa] <avawda@...> wrote:

    Dear friends,

    Hope you are energised and ready for a great event?

    Below is a small update from Inter Press Service, following our fundraising and collaboration efforts:

    * The IPS TerraViva WEBSITE is now active, http://www.ips.org/TV/wsf which will host the latest news, features, interviews and images from Dakar.

    * IPS will be producing MULTI-LINGUAL POSTERS of TerraViva (size 40 x 60 cm) every day with French, Arabic, English Swahili stories included.

    * IPS and Flamme have agreed to SHARE CONTENT produced by the respective teams, for publication in print and to be circulated across various networks.

    * IPS is speaking to e-joussor to make ARABIC CONTENT available for publication in TerraViva (online and poster editions)

    * A joint TRAINING WORKSHOP for selected  journalists on 3-4 February is being organised by the Panos and Amarc teams, as IPS does not have an office or resources in Dakar.

    * Three IPS REPORTERS from Senegal will provide daily coverage of the WSF and their reports will be published online.

    * IPS Director General Mario Lubetkin will be participating in three SIDE EVENT seminars. Additional joint events may be confirmed in the next few days, such as a proposed 'Media Rountable' discussion.

    * IPS will be producing a tabloid size TerraViva newsletter IN PORTUGUESE language, for distribution on the final day, as the South American sponsors specifically requested Portuguese language material at the WSF.

    * Out team is looking forward to working with other communications organisations that seek to promote the messages of the Forum, such as AMARC, CIRANDA, AMANDLA, WSF TV, SACSIS, Pambazuka, CIVICUS, e-Joussour, etc, etc

    See you soon,
    Regards,

    Abdullah Vawda
    Marketing Manager