• Communication commission discussion

Re: Update from IPS + SHARED COM MEETING proposal - Feb 5

de la part de antonio pacor on 28/01/2011 15:05
Dear Abdullah,
thanks for the mail. Could you send to me any emai address of someone of you
that is working n video? I have also alist of tv from South Africa I wish to
know if we can meet on skype and see if you can contact them from there.
grazie
paco

2011/1/28 Jason Nardi <jason.nardi@...>

> Dear Abdullah,
>
> thanks for this update - it sounds really great!
>
> This effort to join forces will certainly be fruitful.
>
> Can we think of a meeting of the "shared communication initiatives" and
> press activities on the 5th of February?  At the media center, around lunch
> time?
>
> Who could / would be present?
>
> cheers,
> Jason
>

> On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 10:45 AM, Abdullah Vawda [IPS Africa] <
> avawda@...> wrote:
>
>> Dear friends,
>>
>> Hope you are energised and ready for a great event?
>>
>> Below is a small update from Inter Press Service, following our
>> fundraising and collaboration efforts:
>>
>> * The IPS TerraViva WEBSITE is now active, http://www.ips.org/TV/wsfwhich will host the latest news, features, interviews and images from Dakar.
>>
>> * IPS will be producing MULTI-LINGUAL POSTERS of TerraViva (size 40 x 60
>> cm) every day with French, Arabic, English Swahili stories included.
>>
>> * IPS and Flamme have agreed to SHARE CONTENT produced by the respective
>> teams, for publication in print and to be circulated across various
>> networks.
>>
>> * IPS is speaking to e-joussor to make ARABIC CONTENT available for
>> publication in TerraViva (online and poster editions)
>>
>> * A joint TRAINING WORKSHOP for selected  journalists on 3-4 February is
>> being organised by the Panos and Amarc teams, as IPS does not have an office
>> or resources in Dakar.
>>
>> * Three IPS REPORTERS from Senegal will provide daily coverage of the WSF
>> and their reports will be published online.
>>
>> * IPS Director General Mario Lubetkin will be participating in three SIDE
>> EVENT seminars. Additional joint events may be confirmed in the next few
>> days, such as a proposed 'Media Rountable' discussion.
>>
>> * IPS will be producing a tabloid size TerraViva newsletter IN PORTUGUESE
>> language, for distribution on the final day, as the South American sponsors
>> specifically requested Portuguese language material at the WSF.
>>
>> * Out team is looking forward to working with other communications
>> organisations that seek to promote the messages of the Forum, such as AMARC,
>> CIRANDA, AMANDLA, WSF TV, SACSIS, Pambazuka, CIVICUS, e-Joussour, etc, etc
>>

>> See you soon,
>> Regards,
>>
>> Abdullah Vawda
>> Marketing Manager
>> Inter Press Service (IPS) Africa
>> www.ips.org/africa
>> Head Office: 283 Dunkeld West Centre,
>> cnr Jan Smuts Ave and Bompas Rd,
>> Johannesburg, 2196 (South Africa)
>> Tel: +27 11 325 2671
>> Fax: +27 11 325 2891
>> Email: avawda@...

Revenir à la vue par date: par fil or A plat