• Communication commission discussion

Fwd: A PLAN OF ACTION FOR EUROPEAN POLITICS

from Roberto SAVIO on Aug 30, 2011 05:33 PM
Would anybody in a forum disagree with this. I am
certain, nobody. So, why we cannot make press
statements on issues which are important in
public debates, and mark a presence of the WSF during the forums? Roberto Savio

>MIME_QP_LONG_LINE,MISSING_MID,USER_IN_WHITELIST autolearn=no version=3.2.4
>Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 13:26:22 -0400
>To: utopie@...
>From: Roberto SAVIO <utopie@...>
>Subject: Fwd: A PLAN OF ACTION FOR EUROPEAN POLITICS
>

>No se'si tu hija lee ingles.....un beso fuerte
>>Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 13:08:17 -0400 (EDT)
>>From: Other News - Roberto Savio <soros@...>
>>To: utopie@...
>>Subject: A PLAN OF ACTION FOR EUROPEAN POLITICS
>>http://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=un&mse=0013J7BZf17TJVX6oHXyMhRcpDNRAaXiZ6Q&t=001zxX1lV_B-0Wi-172lOcEQQ%3D%3D&llr=rbut8ocab

>>"Other News" is a personal initiative seeking
>>to provide information that should be in the
>>media but is not, because of commercial
>>criteria. It welcomes contributions from
>>everybody. Work areas include information on
>>global issues, north-south relations,
>>governance of globalization. Roberto Savio
>>  //Reproduction in whole or in part without
>> permission is prohibited, article sent for information purposes.//
>>
>>A PLAN OF ACTION FOR EUROPEAN POLITICS
>>
>>By Roberto Savio (*)
>>

>>Before anything else, what we need today is a
>>paradigm to diagnose and address the numerous
>>and grave global problems that face all of us
>>but which are experienced differently in the
>>various regions of the world. Since the crisis
>>is more evident in Europe and is causing
>>suffering to tens of millions of people, the
>>young especially, we must take it as reality.
>>
>>The Paradigm: there is no peace without
>>security, especially in these times. But
>>security is not military security, which soaks
>>up 1.6 trillion dollars per year. Security is
>>human security, though the combined government
>>spending on development amounts to a mere USD
>>50 billion. If just ten percent of military
>>spending went to aid humans, we would have
>>another 160 billion dollars -far more than the
>>UN would require for a climate control accord.
>>A world in which the richest 51 million people
>>have the wealth of the 1.2 billion poorest people is not sustainable.
>>

>>Today the world suffers from a growing sense of
>>insecurity. Conflicts and terrorism are
>>progressively less present as a factor of
>>insecurity in the collective imagination. Daily
>>life is gradually becoming more disheartening.
>>I believe that it is important to enumerate
>>only the major problems and to prioritize them
>>or else the list becomes endless, even if the paradigm contains them all.
>>

>>Six serious problems stand out and must be addressed:
>>

>>1. The world is currently undergoing a profound
>>crisis of governability. The social and
>>economic decline of the countries of the North
>>(simultaneous to the emergence of new global
>>actors in the South) is giving rise to a
>>reckless gambit of parties and movements that
>>dream of a return to bygone eras. The Tea
>>Party, which has captured the US Republican
>>Party, and the right-wing xenophobic parties
>>that have emerged in progressive model
>>countries such as Holland, Norway, Finland,
> [...]

Return to date view: threaded or flat