• Communication commission discussion

Re: [Wsfic_fsmci] [es/eng/fr ) carta-letter-lettre WSF2013

de parte de Jason Nardi on 2012-03-13 09:47
Dear Hamouda,

thanks for the news - very detailed and informative.

Let's start working on the communication aspects for the buildup to wsf
2013 - the sooner we start, the better.

Do you think it would be possible / useful to have an online meeting this
month, with whoever is interested and willing to help out?

All the best
Jason

2012/3/9 hamouda soubhi <hsoubhi@...>

>  Dear All find attached a letter to the IC for WSF 2013
> Bonjour à tous trouver ci-joint la  lettre au CI pour le FSM 2013
> Hola a todos encontrar la carta adjunta a la CI para el FSM 2013
>
> hamouda
>
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Object: The WSF 2013 will be organised in Tunisia in March - April 2013
>
> Dear International Council,
>
> A meeting was held on February the 19th by the Maghreb Machrek Social
> Forum Committee, where the preparation for the World Social Forum 2013 was
> discussed. The meeting, prepared by the NGOs in the Maghreb region, brought
> together more than forty NGOs from Tunisia, Morocco, Western Sahara,
> Algeria and Libya.
>
> The Committee approved the decision to hold the next World Social Forum in
> March - April 2013, in Tunisia.
>
> The Committee agreed that conditions were ripe for organising this
> conference, with a decisive factor in this assessment deriving from the
> previous Conference of the General Union of the Tunisian Workers (UGTT),
> which has since extended its leadership in the wake of the Tunisian
> revolution (ten out of thirteen new members have been elected). The UGTT
> announced its decision to fully participate in the preparation of the World
> Social Forum in Tunisia. Furthermore, the presence of the Deputy Secretary
> General of the UGTT at the meeting held on February the 19th confirmed
> their commitment to the cause.
>
> The Committee has concluded that the option of a shared World Social Forum
> previously envisaged is no longer necessary. Instead, it deems itself able
> to hold the WSF 2013 in Tunisia on its own. This WSF will be prepared
> through numerous initiatives, many of which have already been scheduled.
> This Forum will discuss Migration in the Maghreb (Oujda in Morocco), the
> Maghreb Machrek Forum of Women, Morocco; a Forum on the revival of trade
> unions in the Maghreb Machrek region; a seminar on Religion and politics,
> probably in Egypt, a meeting on Western Sahara, an international seminar on
> migration December 18, 2012, the Forum of Solidarity with Palestine in
> Porto Alegre, November 29, 2012, etc..
>

> The Committee affirmed its intention to invite those from new NGOs
> (movements of the Arab Spring, the revolt in Southern Europe; Occupy Wall
> Street, London, Montreal; social and student movements in Chile, Senegal,
> Croatia , ..) to come and organise joint meetings in Tunisia.
>
> The Committee has decided not to organise a major  Maghreb Machrek Social
> Forum in July 2012. Nevertheless, it will be holding a major international
> event in Tunisia, Monastir, from July the 13th to the 16th 2012, during
> which there will be an opportunity for the Founding Assembly debates on
> [...]

Regresar a vista por datas: Filado ou plano