• Communication commission discussion

Re: [Debate-List] Re: [WSF-Discuss] 'Egyptian ruler General Abd al-Fattah al-Sisi is a Jew'

from Paola Manduca on May 02, 2014 12:28 PM
friends, I have no intention to be involved in bck and forth... I agrre
that the issue of racism and by extension ansemitism or anti cristianyty
or.. are not trivial
ythis I staied on the facts,else one could easlily reserve argumentation
for a book or two. I am not qualified and have an other occupation.

so my puck and my chalelnge ios to all to express on the facts of the sisi
supremacy, dictatorship, popular recognition... I care see this openly
idscussed step by step.
seocndd point is a genral debate on democracy (whose and which one should
start saying,  this tto in the facts itsì brings on the ground in 2014 in
each context= and consnesus by voting and consensus by "acclamation" Twhich
reminds me of popa Paul beeing acclamed at his death...saint noow, saint
now and ...now almost is!

excuse the joke but only alludes to the fact tha tsome or all of our
societies have changed a lot since equality fraternity and sinc ethe first
democratic consitutions and we skipp sometimes seeing it because is very
fast and often purposefully kept hidden from genrla public.

third point re to the comment of left and political islam going hand by
hand that  was made in one of the mails. I strongly believe that is a god
argument for conversation in what somebody else defined  "a mostly leftist
list" (and I warn about the most, as I am uncertain whose else is in it..
But, at least in line of principles  it is may be time to discuss what from
outside is seen hand-by--hand in terms of real things on the ground , and
if you wish to give contribution on the specific egyptian experience during
and mostly after the !"arab spring" it would be very welcome, always in
general terms.

saluti

--
Paola Manduca, Prof. Genetics