• Communication commission discussion

  • Please, send info to us on the abducted nigerian girls

    from Rita Freire on May 05, 2014 10:21 PM
    All news we have are from mainstream news. Is there nigerian movements at
    the ASF process wich could giving more information to us?

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/nigeria/10808830/Nigerian-Islamist-leader-threatens-to-sell-abducted-girls-as-slaves.html

    Thanks
    Rita

    Thread Outline:
  • RE: Please, send info to us on the abducted nigerian girls

    from demba moussa dembele on May 06, 2014 05:49 PM
    Dear Rita,

    I am afraid, I have no more news than you do about the abduction

    I am following what is happening in Nigera on TV and in the press

    I am sorry I couldn't be of much help to you

    Regards
    Demba

    Date: Mon, 5 May 2014 19:13:56 -0300
    Subject: Please, send info to us on the abducted nigerian girls
    From: ritafreir@...
    To: dembuss@...; communication-commission-discussion@...; wsfic_fsmci@...; wilhelmina@...

    All news we have are from mainstream news. Is there nigerian movements at the ASF process wich could giving more information to us?

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/nigeria/10808830/Nigerian-Islamist-leader-threatens-to-sell-abducted-girls-as-slaves.html

    Thanks
    Rita

    • Re: RE: Please, send info to us on the abducted nigerian girls

      from longwe5000 on May 06, 2014 07:38 PM
      Dear Rita et al,

      Please contact Ms Nebila Abdulmerik of FEMNET Secretariat (
      communication@...) and also contact ngonwosu@... and
      nigerdeltawomen@... that have been in contact with FEMNET. See one of
      the messages below.

      Sara Longwe
      nigerdeltawomen nigerdeltawomen@...
      via<http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?hl=en-GB&answer=1311182&ctx=mail>
       femnet.or.ke
      20:35 (46 minutes ago)
      to Nebila, Femnet, Femnet, FEMNET
      We need International aid and pressure on the Government to get the
      girls. It was gathered 10 of these girls bodies where found dead on
      the street in a village in Maiduguri.

      On Sunday, making it 20 days when over 200 girls of Chibok Secondary
      school in Borno state Nigeria were abducted by the muslim extremist
      protesters known as the Boko Haram in English language meaning
      "western education is a sin".

       In the evening of Sunday may 4,2014, 10 dead bodies identified to be
      victims of the adducted girls were found lying on a lonely part of the
      road of Wala Village in Gwoza Local Government Area, some 130 km
      southwest of Maiduguri, the Borno capital. A close town to the Gwoza
      Mountains where the sect group presently camps.

      It was gathered that 7 of the dead victims are between the ages of 15
      and 17 years, of which 8 of them were virgins.Bodies of the dead
      victims has been identified by families and taken for funeral rites.

      We cannot afford to be silent anymore!

      On 5/6/14, Nebila Abdulmelik <communication@...> wrote:

      > Ngozi Nwosu-Juba
      >
      > <ngonwosu@...>
      > Date: Tue, May 6, 2014 at 10:42 AM
      >

      > I wish to report that the rally in Lagos on
      > #
      > bringbackourgirls was successful and well coordinated. I must let you know
      > that the turn out was not as large as expected. However all Nigerians did
      > not mind the traffic jams we caused as they all seem to support the cause.
      >
      > Two days ago the President formed a 26 member committee to ensure the
      girls
      > are brought back. One of the. Men (Femi Falana), a renowned lawyer and
      > activist declined this appointment saying it was a waste of time.instead
      he
      > joined us yesterday. Press was well represented and some of us eventually
      > went to media organisations to grant interviews.
      >
      > Many coalitions and networks including Nigerian Feminists Forum have
      > written statements and I will forward some of their Asks to you.
      >
      > Yesterday I held meetings with strong women activist who eventually linked
      > me to a woman whose brothers child is a victim and she has asked that I
      > meet with her in Abuja so that we can agree on key actions both short and
      > long term and I will explain why these actions are necessary;
      >
      > Short term action will continue to put pressure on government to seek for
      > the release of the girls and also discussions with parents of affected
      > girls for any possible clues and support during this period.
      >
      > Long term actions are necessary as we hear that Northern women are
      > threatening to stop education of girl children which is actually the
      action
      > boko haram sect wants to achieve. Presently girl-child education in the
      > North is poor and if this happens then Nigeria is in trouble.
      > There is also urgent need to ensure that communities are educated as the
      > series of events is almost turning to and likely leading to muslim and
      > christian divide. Yesterday at the rally, Muslims were angry that
      Christian
> [...]
      > *(Traduction par google translate)*
      >
      > Je tiens à signaler que le rassemblement à Lagos # bringbackourgirls a
      > réussi et bien coordonnée . Je dois vous dire que la participation a été
      > pas aussi importante que prévu. Cependant tous les Nigérians n'ont pas
      > l'esprit les embouteillages causés par nous tous semblent soutenir la
      cause
      > .
      >
      > Il ya deux jours, le président a formé un comité de 26 membres pour
      assurer
      > les filles sont ramenés . L'un des . Hommes ( Femi Falana ) , un avocat de
      > renom et militant diminué cette nomination en disant que c'était une perte
      > de time.instead il nous a rejoint hier . Appuyez était bien représenté et
      > certains d'entre nous finalement allé à des organisations de médias à
      > accorder des entrevues .
      >
      > Beaucoup de coalitions et de réseaux , y compris nigérian féministes Forum
      > ont écrit des déclarations et je vais transmettre une partie de leur
      > demande de vous .
      >
      > Hier, j'ai eu des rencontres avec les femmes militant solide qui m'a
      > finalement lié à une femme dont l'enfant est victime frères et elle a
      > demandé que je rencontre avec elle à Abuja afin que nous puissions mettre
      > d'accord sur les principales mesures à court et à long terme et je vais
      > expliquer pourquoi ces actions sont nécessaires ;
      >
      > L'action à court terme continuera à faire pression sur le gouvernement
      pour
      > obtenir la libération des filles et des discussions avec les parents des
      > filles concernées aussi pour tous les indices et le soutien possibles au
      > cours de cette période .
      >
      > Les actions à long terme sont nécessaires que nous entendons dire que les
      > femmes du Nord menacent d'arrêter l'éducation des filles qui est en fait
      > l'action la secte Boko Haram veut atteindre . Actuellement l'éducation des
      > filles dans le Nord est pauvre et si cela arrive, alors le Nigeria est en
      > difficulté .
      > Il est également urgent de s'assurer que les communautés sont éduqués que
      > la série d'événements est presque tourne vers et conduisant
      > vraisemblablement à diviser musulmans et chrétiens . Hier lors de la
      > manifestation , les musulmans étaient en colère que l'Association
      > chrétienne du Nigeria avait publié les noms des filles chrétiennes détenus
      > par Boko Haram , tandis que ceux des jeunes filles musulmanes n'ont pas
      été
      > libérés .
      >
      > L'épouse du président " a donné le gouverneur du Bornou état trois jours
      > ultimatum pour trouver une solution à l'échec de la situation où elle va
      > mobiliser les femmes à échapper aux buissons à la recherche des filles .
      >
      > Aussi la secte Boko haram hier a confirmé que ce sont eux qui maintiennent
      > le filles en otage , menaçant de les vendre .
      >
      > L'action que nous Plan déplacer foward ;
      > D'autres réunions auront lieu aujourd'hui ( j'ai demandé à Louise de
      Echoes

      --

      Yours Truly,
      FOR: NDWPD

      Ambassador (Ms.) Caroline Usikpedo, MCIA, B.Sc.
      *National President NDWPD*
      (Niger Delta Women's Movement for Peace & Development).

      Assistant Minister of Foreign Affairs (International Organisations) -
      International Human Rights Commission (IHRC)
      Honorary Ambassador ( Special Envoy) CCLP Worldwide - Nigeria
      African Representative GCAP -  Feminist Task Force ( Nigeria)
      African Coordinator Ways Women Lead
      Past Member, Delta State Committee on CEDAW (Convention on the Elimination
      of all forms of Discrimination Against Women)

      Office Address: Niger Delta Women Resource Center Building, 5 Stadium Road,
      Otovwodo,Ughelli, Delta State, Nigeria.
      Tel: +234 (0)8059387075, 08068107046, 08094921786.
      email: nigerdeltawomen@..., ndwpd2005@...
      Skype: carolenskype

      Motto: Women Empowerment, Peace & Development.

       INVESTING IN WOMEN AND GIRLS EDUCATION THROUGH SKILLS & VOCATIONS
      TRAINING!!!

                        Our Help is in the Name of the Lord, who made Heaven and
      Earth.