• Communication commission discussion

  • Fwd: [Post 2015 Women's Coalition] [FWD: [middlebeltdialogue] Shine Ur Eyes!] -Chibok Girls

    from longwe5000 on May 06, 2014 07:41 PM
    FYI

    ---------- Forwarded message ----------
    From: <ereed@...>
    Date: 6 May 2014 16:26
    Subject: [Post 2015 Women's Coalition] [FWD: [middlebeltdialogue] Shine Ur
    Eyes!] -Chibok Girls
    To: Selamawit Tesfaye <stesfaye@...>, "
    post2015womenscoalition@..." <
    post2015womenscoalition@...>
    Cc: Alejandra Scampini <ascampini@...>

     *From:* truepino@...
    *Date:* May 3, 2014 at 2:25:55 PM GMT+1
    *To:* middlebeltdialogue@...
    *Subject:* *Re: [middlebeltdialogue] Shine Ur Eyes!*
    *Reply-To:* middlebeltdialogue@...

     The Chibok girls' issue has gone beyond this my brothers and sisters. The
    president has named a fact-finding committee for the missing girls and for
    a predominantly Christian area, most members are Muslims. Also no Chibok
    person is a member. Look I am Chibok and we have a retired
    Brigadier-General from Military intelligence and he is not there! What can
    such a committee achieve. As for ur questions again as a Chibok man and one
    so conversant with the area, sambisa is NOT a forest as contrary to the
    mystery toga they have given it. I have been there on hunting expeditions
    at least 5 times in the early 90s and it is just a large expanse of guinea
    savannah land with some thick brushes that are not upto 3 metres high with
    a few scattered large old trees along the banks of River Yedseram which
    traverses the length of the Sambisa game reserve. Even at the peak of the
    rainy season Sambisa is not the un-inviting, fearful impenetrable jungle or
    forest so erroneously mystified by cheap arm-chair journalists who sit in
    Abuja and elsewhere to conjure a dreadful picture of Sambisa game reserve.
    As for the escape of the girls, my niece was one such escapee. She said
    they simply stepped down the wooden body of the Lorry till they were low
    enough to jump down from d slow-moving Lorries. Some simply clung to tree
    branches and hung while the Lorries moved on slowly! Look up to 10 am the
    following morning our people were calling me frm Chibok to report that
    their convoys were sighted in parts of Chibok and Damboa LGAs and so some
    girls who escaped simple trekked the short distance of familiar territory
    home.

    Pharm. Peter Ndirpaya Iliya
    Mobile: 08036097969
    ------------------------------
    *From: *imwansat@...
    *Sender: *middlebeltdialogue@...
    *Date: *Sat, 03 May 2014 08:07:10 +0100
    *To: *<middlebeltdialogue@...>
    *ReplyTo: *middlebeltdialogue@...
    *Subject: *[middlebeltdialogue] Shine Ur Eyes!

     "NORTHERN ELDERS ARE PLAYING WITH THE LIVES OF THEIR KIDS BECAUSE OF
    POLITICAL POWER. PLS ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS IF YOU CAN: 1. How many
    students are in that village school that 230 of them were kidnapped in just
    one night raid? 2. What did Boko Haram use to kidnap 230 students at once?
    Luxury bus or aircraft? 3. Are they all boarding students? 4. Why did it
    take the school authorities/Borno State government almost one week to
    realize that the figure of the supposedly abducted students was no longer
    124? 5. Is it that easy to escape from Boko Haram that almost 40 of the
    girls were able to flee? 6. How did they find their way home from the
    supposed forest that they were taken to? 7. Why did the Principal of the
    school recant after giving information to the military authorities that
    soldiers rescued some of the girls? I have a strong conviction that the
    scenario was created to achieve a predetermined end. That is why nobody is
    blaming the DPO, Area Commissioner, Army Commander, Field Commander, SSS
    State Director, the state governor, the CDS, the NSA or the security
    agencies. Rather, all accusing fingers are pointing at the President. What
    is the motive? - Make the President look insensitive, bad, wicked, callous
    and indeed unelectable again. - Make it look the emergency rule in the
    states has not worked. - Stop the President from extending the emergency
    rule any further. - Pollute the minds of Nigerians so that the President
    cannot impose total emergency rule that will see to the suspension of all
    democratic structures in those states (constitutional or unconstitutional).
    The plan is to cry wolf where there is none, and they have succeeded in
    doing that in order to get sympathy.... Please resend till we get the right
    answ

    Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
     __._,_.___
    * Reply to sender
    <truepino@...?subject=Re%3A%20%5Bmiddlebeltdialogue%5D%20Shine%20Ur%20Eyes%21>
    * Reply to group
    <middlebeltdialogue@...?subject=Re%3A%20%5Bmiddlebeltdialogue%5D%20Shine%20Ur%20Eyes%21>
    * Messages in this
    topic<https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/middlebeltdialogue/conversations/topics/20777;_ylc=X3oDMTM3amFlaDUwBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzQzMjIxNzgwBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA0Mzc3NgRtc2dJZAMyMDc4MQRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawN2dHBjBHN0aW1lAzEzOTkyNDU3MTcEdHBjSWQDMjA3Nzc->(3)

    * Privacy <https://info.yahoo.com/privacy/us/yahoo/groups/details.html> *
    Terms
    of Use <https://info.yahoo.com/legal/us/yahoo/utos/terms/>
     .

     --
    The Post_2015_Women's_Coalition listserv is a key communications platform
    for feminist, women's and social justice organizations working on women's