• Communication commission discussion

  • Re: In memory of Giulio Regeni

    from bazril on Feb 10, 2016 07:51 AM
    Dear All,
    I am pretty confident that the Spanish network "Universidad y Compromiso
    Social" from Sevilla will endorse and support your significant condemnation
    of the political murder of Giulio by the Egyptian government (and its
    backers) as well as your initiative to establish a fundation for engaged
    scholars in his name.
    In solidarity
    Azril

    On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 5:45 AM, Orsan Senalp <orsan1234@...> wrote:

    > Giulio's murder while he was doing his job, as a researcher and
    > journalist, probably not only a political but a corporate one too. In a
    > broader sense the UK, Italy, EU and West capitalism and imperialism too are
    > responsible  from this barbarism as much as fascist junta installed by
    > these.
    >
    > In solidarity.
    > Orsan
    >

    > On 09 Feb 2016, at 23:34, Gabriella Alberti <gabriellaluce@...>
    > wrote:
    >

    > Ok I agree wiyh your suggestions, so shall I contact the first signatories
    > (I guess they were the supervisors?)  or someone knows them already and
    > would like to take it forward? Thanks
    > ------------------------------

  • Fwd: In memory of Giulio Regeni

    from bazril on Feb 10, 2016 12:03 PM
    Querido Vicente,
    Te ruego informar a nuestra red sobre la protesta e iniciativa adjuntas
    (abajo), a ver si se adhieren...👍
    Abrazotes
    Azril
    _____

    Thanks Azril.  There was a brief item and interview about Giulio's murder
    on the BBC's today programme. I guess many will have heard it.
    Paul

    Sent from my Sony Xperia™ smartphone

    ---- Azril Bacal wrote ----

    <mailto:gabriellaluce@...>> wrote:

    Ok I agree wiyh your suggestions, so shall I contact the first signatories
    (I guess they were the supervisors?)  or someone knows them already and
    would like to take it forward? Thanks
    ________________________________

    This is a great initiative. As others have said, I think it would be good
    to reach out others, and perhaps Giulio's supervisor as the person who
    might be more suitable to take forward this idea of a memorial
    fund/studentship.
    With thanks
    Matteo

    Dr Matteo Rizzo
    Lecturer
    Department of Development Studies/Department of Economics
    School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS)
    University of London
    Thornhaugh Street, Russell Square
    London WC1H 0XG
    UK
    Tel:  +44 (0) 20 7898 4836<tel:%2B44%20%280%29%2020%207898%204836>
    Fax: +44 (0) 20 7898 4559<tel:%2B44%20%280%29%2020%207898%204559>

    all willing donors  at this email address gabriellaluce@...<mailto:

    j.holgate@...><mailto:j.holgate@...<mailto: