From: Teivainen, Teivo <teivo.teivainen@helsinki.fi>
Date: Wed, Apr 6, 2016 at 9:12 AM
Subject: How to get involved in the WSF process in Montreal
To: Azril Bacal <bazril@gmail.com>, Immanuel Wallerstein <immanuel.wallerstein@yale.edu>
Cc: Nigd-list <nigd-list@nigd.org>

Dear All,

This message is on WSF participation and also includes a little article on transnational democratic non-state politics.

I was just in touch with Pierre George who has been organizing various things related to Montreal WSF, especially distance participation etc.

Here comes a little form, in three languages, for people who want to help in coordinating the participation. It would be really great and helpful to get some of us involved in this. Everything can be done from home.  See the link below.

There will be Social Forum of Finland in 10 days (April 16) and some of us are involved in some activities. Heikki Patomäki has been the key figure in organizing an event on the DIEM process, it will take place in Merihaka (the first time my hood has a social forum event, great). I will be speaking in the inauguration, at the Construction Workers Union building.

The whole event is organized as pop-up thing, across town. I think it is a nice format, though the reasons may have much to do with the right-wing government cutting everything here, including money for civil society activities.

So I enclose the link for this who want to get involved WSF preparations.

Let me also a attach an article that two of us, Silke Trommer & I, wrote on a very NIGD theme: Representation Beyond the State: Towards Transnational Democratic Non-state Politics

In the article, we compare the WSF process and the West African process of trade negotiations. I put the link below and the pdf attached (it is a preprint online version, the print version will appear later in the journal Globalizations).

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1352j1usTNJw9-7RtVLwPQRRCGSrD4qt3cZbsq4cg7go/viewform

ENGLISH below ESPANOL mas abajo ---- FRANÇAIS ----- ce formulaire est accessible depuis la page https://fsm2016.org/simpliquer/devenir-benevole/ Le FSM 2016 sera un événement «étendu», dans le temps et dans l’espace, avec des activités à Montréal du 9 au 14 août. Il y aura aussi des activités «locales» partout dans le monde, pendant et autour de ces dates, ainsi que la possibilité de participer à distance à une bonne partie de ces activités via Internet. ( voir la description de la dynamique d'extension https://fsm2016.org/participer/hors-montreal/ et la liste des activités annoncées hors de montréal http://openfsm.net/projects/extensionfsm2016/extension16-vues-sur-la-dynamique-dextension-fsm2016 ) Les valeurs qui inspirent l'organisation du processus de préparation du FSM sont celles affirmées dans la charte de principes du fsm (voir plus bas) et dans le collectif FSM 2016 : inclusion, ouverture, transparence, horizontalité, auto gestion, indépendance. Ce formulaire est destiné aux

Out article (also attached):

http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/14747731.2016.1160599

Dr. Teivo Teivainen

Professor of World Politics
Helsinki Collegium for Advanced Studies
Fabianinkatu 24, POB 4
00014 University of Helsinki, Finland

* twitter:    @TeivoTeivainen
* e-mail:    teivo.teivainen@helsinki.fi
* blog 1:    teivo.net

* blog 2:    blogs.helsinki.fi/teivaine/

* direct phone: +358-50-3505120