• Communication commission discussion

  • Fwd: IPB's Berlin Congress: A Huge Success! [1 Attachment]

    from bazril on Oct 08, 2016 08:06 AM
    Subject: IPB's Berlin Congress: A Huge Success! [1 Attachment]

    Dear Relatives, friends and Peace-Loving People,

    I am back in Uppsala from Berlin, after attending the IPB's triennial
    Congress on Disarm for a Climate of Peace on behalf of AGNI.
    This event was a light of hope in our dark and brown times of war, violent
    conflict, growing intolerance, racism, refugee humanitarian crisis, extreme
    right populism, fascism and neo-Nazism. I feel newly empowered with hope
    and knowledge, and ready to share with you
    in Uppsala, Sweden and everywhere with whom ever wants to replace the
    factory and culture of violence for a culture of justice, love and peace,
    the lessons and inspiration of this badly needed event - urgently required
    now to stop the collective madness running amok us.

    Having in mind the current world pandemia of "trumpism," a disease that
    threatens our lives and the life of the coming generations and the
    biosphere, it is high time to stop the war, to criminalize the production
    and & sale of weapons and for nuclear abolition.

    If you are interested in organizing small or large public meetings (in
    Uppsala) to begin with to address these issues, you know how to contact me.

    Peace & Justice are Possible!

    Let us together hand in hand stop the War in Syria and in Colombia NOW!
    Let us build bridges and not walls separating people NOW!

    Our tax payments should go to peace & development and not to wasteful
    weapons & warfare.

    ADIOS A LAS ARMAS!

    Other Worlds are Possible! - and it depends on you & and me, on each and
    all of us, to make this dream come true👍
    Remember John Lennon? 🌸
    Abrazos Sabatinos
    /Azril
    ______________________

    *For your information and further dissemination.*
    *Many Thanks !*

    On Thursday, October 6, 2016 2:46 PM, "Colin Archer mailbox@...
    [IPBcouncil]" <IPBcouncil-noreply@...> wrote:

    [Attachment(s)
    <https://mg.mail.yahoo.com/neo/launch?.rand=4jmd5ffpr1iva#TopText> from
    Colin Archer included below]
    *IPB's Berlin Congress: A Huge Success!*
    [image: image2]There was a general consensus in the Berlin Congress
    organised by IPB (Disarm! for a Climate of Peace: Creating an Action
    Agenda) that the gathering was a tremendous success. Over 1000 participants
    from 75 countries participated in a wide range of sessions: plenaries,
    panels and workshops, as well as side events and cultural presentations.
    Speeches by experts, activists, politicians, scholars and others provided
    both inspiration and understanding at a high level.
    The event provided a new impetus to the disarmament and wider peace
    movements at a critical time. IPB also presented its own Action Agenda for
    the coming years at the final plenary (see separate news item).
    Conference reports, speeches, videos etc. are being posted day by day on
    the Congress website:https://www.ipb2016.berlin/
    <https://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ipb2016.berlin%2F&h=XAQGnhFQPAQHvUaxxbBpwCUzKTEkB5phuTWrs02w_HgwmDQ&enc=AZPtCTjKPqM7ZwRQlbXu6YERUn6dFpujStxl3-eo6BLWV_xNOoU90ARs_clWHOqe5nh851SdAjW-hSLrg5PU69MQSbEaImY8y-nuCYYM7C469ZSdnkzCiWbHi6lfjEKGZfBGOjvnki87d3mqaR1bc_zU0djCVReji8ua98JOik1qHSu6mpMogjKyiXJqWBlkqiA4BHifNG-GsGvRyfidQcSO&s=1>.
    For even more information and behind the scenes captions, follow our social
    media channels such as Twitter:https://goo.gl/I6TqE1 and Instagram:
    https://goo.gl/wxXVcT
    <https://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fgoo.gl%2FwxXVcT&h=DAQGiM-h4AQFMwnmlmhfWzFeKT3ZMy-GTf76M6KmXHoABbg&enc=AZPGsf0nTD2hNZmfWYf16ymAXmWr7s0dTvQrxFohsKE8wVDtCeX-xYy9nomBZUt1jGBNeT0EGfMAzJUTJHl_pG_QdUHuy3ehWvtVdvzu6rfw-VhqMKgSo9Eh_KcJLejcC2YC-YUDIBRUzUEPwOm58aQlhG3JsHVufmwRFqDl5MYwIRFIyoYa-w8iSmxk82ykIJuGA1UIt-NSi9KLVkRCPDd5&s=1>
    (from www.ipb.org)
    <https://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fgoo.gl%2FwxXVcT&h=DAQGiM-h4AQFMwnmlmhfWzFeKT3ZMy-GTf76M6KmXHoABbg&enc=AZPGsf0nTD2hNZmfWYf16ymAXmWr7s0dTvQrxFohsKE8wVDtCeX-xYy9nomBZUt1jGBNeT0EGfMAzJUTJHl_pG_QdUHuy3ehWvtVdvzu6rfw-VhqMKgSo9Eh_KcJLejcC2YC-YUDIBRUzUEPwOm58aQlhG3JsHVufmwRFqDl5MYwIRFIyoYa-w8iSmxk82ykIJuGA1UIt-NSi9KLVkRCPDd5&s=1>
    <https://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fgoo.gl%2FwxXVcT&h=DAQGiM-h4AQFMwnmlmhfWzFeKT3ZMy-GTf76M6KmXHoABbg&enc=AZPGsf0nTD2hNZmfWYf16ymAXmWr7s0dTvQrxFohsKE8wVDtCeX-xYy9nomBZUt1jGBNeT0EGfMAzJUTJHl_pG_QdUHuy3ehWvtVdvzu6rfw-VhqMKgSo9Eh_KcJLejcC2YC-YUDIBRUzUEPwOm58aQlhG3JsHVufmwRFqDl5MYwIRFIyoYa-w8iSmxk82ykIJuGA1UIt-NSi9KLVkRCPDd5&s=1>
    Colin Archer
    Secretary-General
    International Peace Bureau
    41 rue de Zürich
    1201 Geneva
    Switzerland
    +41-22-731-6429
    Skype and mobile details on request

    secgen@...

    www.ipb.org
    www.gcoms.org
    www.ipb2016.berlin
    www.makingpeace.org
    * <http://twitter.com/IntlPeaceBureau>*
    * The International Peace Bureau is a global network dedicated to the
    vision of a World Without War. We are a Nobel Peace Laureate (1910), and 13
    of our officers have also been recipients of the Prize. Our 300 member
    organisations in 70 countries, and individual members, form a global
    network bringing together expertise and campaigning experience in a common
    cause.  IPB has UN Consultative Status and is the Secretariat for the NGO
    Committee for Disarmament ( Geneva ). Our main programme centres
    on Disarmament for Sustainable Development, of which the Global Campaign on
    Military Spending (GCOMS) is a key part.  Recent world congress: *
    * Disarm! For a Climate of Peace - Berlin, Sept 30-Oct 3, 2016. *
    * <http://twitter.com/IntlPeaceBureau>**Please consider: Leaving us a
    legacy or making an endowment or a simple donation. In this way you can
    enable us to plan our work more effectively and thus help to "save
    succeeding generations from the scourge of war" . Donate online now
    <http://www.ipb.org/web/index.php?mostra=content&menu=Donate&submenu=Make%20a%20donation>!*

    Virus-free.
    __._,_.___
    Attachment(s) from Colin Archer | View attachments on the web
    <https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/IPBcouncil/attachments/665241155;_ylc=X3oDMTJxZ3Nqa2kxBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzYzNjI1NTgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1NzU5MzM1BHNlYwNhdHRhY2htZW50BHNsawN2aWV3T25XZWIEc3RpbWUDMTQ3NTc1Nzk4OQ--?soc_src=mail&soc_trk=ma>
    1 of 1 Photo(s)
    [image: image2.JPG (1).jpg&width=200&height=150]
    <https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/IPBcouncil/attachments/665241155;_ylc=X3oDMTJtdjBiOXJhBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzYzNjI1NTgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1NzU5MzM1BHNlYwNhdHRhY2htZW50BHNsawNwaG90bwRzdGltZQMxNDc1NzU3OTg5?itemid=1563761661&soc_src=mail&soc_trk=ma>
    image2.JPG (1).jpg&width=200&height=150
    <https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/IPBcouncil/attachments/665241155;_ylc=X3oDMTJtdjBiOXJhBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzYzNjI1NTgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1NzU5MzM1BHNlYwNhdHRhY2htZW50BHNsawNwaG90bwRzdGltZQMxNDc1NzU3OTg5?itemid=1563761661&soc_src=mail&soc_trk=ma>
    ------------------------------
    Posted by: Colin Archer <mailbox@...>
    ------------------------------
    • Reply to sender
    <mailbox@...?subject=Re%3A%20IPB%27s%20Berlin%20Congress%3A%20A%20Huge%20Success%21>
    • Reply to group
    <IPBcouncil@...?subject=Re%3A%20IPB%27s%20Berlin%20Congress%3A%20A%20Huge%20Success%21>
    • Start a New Topic
    <https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/IPBcouncil/conversations/newtopic;_ylc=X3oDMTJlb3ZjMXQ4BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzYzNjI1NTgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1NzU5MzM1BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA250cGMEc3RpbWUDMTQ3NTc1Nzk4OQ--?soc_src=mail&soc_trk=ma>
    • Messages in this topic
    <https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/IPBcouncil/conversations/topics/2856;_ylc=X3oDMTM0MGp2OThoBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzYzNjI1NTgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1NzU5MzM1BG1zZ0lkAzI4NTYEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDdnRwYwRzdGltZQMxNDc1NzU3OTg5BHRwY0lkAzI4NTY-?soc_src=mail&soc_trk=ma>
    (1)
    With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app
    on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your
    inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email
    again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.
    ------------------------------

    Visit Your Group
    <https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/IPBcouncil/info;_ylc=X3oDMTJlZTVwbnR1BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzYzNjI1NTgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1NzU5MzM1BHNlYwN2dGwEc2xrA3ZnaHAEc3RpbWUDMTQ3NTc1Nzk4OQ--?soc_src=mail&soc_trk=ma>

    [image: Yahoo! Groups]
    <https://groups.yahoo.com/neo;_ylc=X3oDMTJkaHI4aXM1BF9TAzk3NDc2NTkwBGdycElkAzYzNjI1NTgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1NzU5MzM1BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA2dmcARzdGltZQMxNDc1NzU3OTg5?soc_src=mail&soc_trk=ma>
    • Privacy
    <https://info.yahoo.com/privacy/us/yahoo/groups/details.html?soc_src=mail&soc_trk=ma>
    • Terms of Use
    <https://info.yahoo.com/legal/us/yahoo/utos/terms/?soc_src=mail&soc_trk=ma>

    .

    __,_._,___

    Attachments

    Thread Outline:
  • Re: Fwd: IPB's Berlin Congress: A Huge Success! [1 Attachment]

    from bazril on Oct 09, 2016 08:21 AM
    Dear Reiner,

    Glad to start a new Sunday with your unexpected and welcomed words.
    The challenge es similar to the challenge of the World Social Forum: How to
    convert a great event into a sustainable transformative process. To
    translate ideas into actions as suggested and even further developed.

    We need in that respect, the support and cooperation of everyone humbly
    engaged in the quest to democratize democracy, that delivers justice
    &peace, equality, love & solidarity.

    Let us Reiner, in the name of Other Possible and Needed Worlds of Justice
    and Peace, currently under construction, stop the War in Syria and in
    Colombia. Let us stop the killing industry and its culture of violence. Let
    us criminalize the production and sale of the killing industry. Let us
    Reiner, call things by their name: these industries are not defense
    industries, they are war-machines, accountable for the violence in Syria,
    Colombia and in all "hot spots" of our endangered planet, and thus
    ultimately accountable for the worse refugee and humanitarian crisis since
    the past century and also to a large extent for Climate Change...

    While sad that Helen Clark did not become the Secretary General of the
    United Nations as many of us wanted, let us reclaim the United Nations
    Organization for the "Peoples of the World," as it was originally
    conceived: for the benefit of all Peoples of the World - and thus we have a
    most difficult task: to transform the insecurity council into a real and
    meaningful Security Council led by wise elders, and not by the five
    countries who remain in power and control the UN System and the destiny of
    Humanity since the end of the Second World War, due to the
    Industrial-Military-Academic-Media Complex and their destructive business
    as usual in all regions of the World.

    PAX, SHALOM, SALAAM

    Azril