• Communication commission discussion

  • Fwd: Final appeal: Film project "Galapagos Life"

    from bazril on Mar 14, 2017 12:15 PM
    Compartiendo...Kum-Kum deserves your/our support!!!
    Abrazos
    Azril
    _______

    Tanto John Foran como Kum-Kum son académicos comprometidos de alto vuelo,
    aparte de ser amig@s querid@s que ameritan vuestra atención y apoyo. He
    utilizado los dos primeros documentales (premiados por cierto) de Kum-Kum
    en forma de cine-foro: "The Flow of Water" (con subtítulos en español) y
    "The Taste of Chocolate".
    Fraternalmente
    Azril ("Isi") Bacal
    ________________________

    ---------- Forwarded message ----------
    From: John Foran <foran@...>
    Date: 2017-03-13 18:48 GMT+01:00
    Subject: Final appeal: Film project "Galapagos Life"
    To: Kum-Kum <kumkum102@...>

    Dear all,

    I want to share this project with all of you as I know -- from personal
    experience -- that Kum-Kum is a wonderful documentary filmmaker who has
    already made extremely moving films.

    This one promises to get directly into important questions of sustainable
    development and climate change, among others related to social justice
    themes.

    All of her films are very suitable for use in classrooms and in communities
    of interest.

    John

    *************************************

    PLEASE SHARE THIS POST. Kum-Kum Bhavnani's next film is Galapagos Life, the
    true story of how remarkable people living in the Galapagos protect their
    most precious ecosystem above all other things. It's a lesson for the world
    that societies can adapt It can be done.

    Help her make this important and worthwhile film, which provides real
    solution-based guidance to help us battle Climate Change. She launched a
    Kickstarter; learn more here:

    <http://kck.st/2klPqFz>

    Environmentalism. Conservation.Protecting our most precious ecosystem
    against Climate Change. People getting it done. A lesson for all?

    This Kickstarter campaign is to complete the latest film by award-winning
    documentary filmmaker Kum-Kum Bhavnani, entitled Galapagos Life.

    The Galapagos Islands are a storied location, the inspiration for Darwin's
    theory of evolution, the home to countless species of plant and animal not
    found anywhere else, and they boast a pristine natural beauty that is
    breathtaking to behold. The physical beauty is so pronounced, that the
    substantial challenges of the Islands, and the people who are meeting those
    challenges - are often overlooked. This film tells that story - an amazing
    place where human beings have come to prioritize their ecosystem above all
    else, proving that it can be done ... because it is being done.

    Kum-Kum Bhavnani presents a reality with honesty, balance, and candor. She
    uses the voices of those living in the Galapagos. A message emerges from
    this film that is hopeful and uplifting - the notion that the Galapagos
    Islands are perhaps an important lesson. For all the problems humanity has
    inflicted on its planet and environment throughout history, Galapagos Life
    proves that humanity can also harness an intrinsic "good", and shepherd the
    solution. Thank you for reading about this important film.

    Kum-Kum Bhavnani says:

    Hello, it's Kum-Kum. Well, with 4 days left, it certainly looks as if we
    are heading to a close finish. As you know, Kickstarter is all or nothing.
    Your support is so very much appreciated, thank you!

    View the project here:

    <http://kck.st/2klPqFz>