• Communication commission discussion

  • Fwd: [rc05] arrest of the director of research in Ramalla

    from bazril on Nov 21, 2019 05:25 PM
    Dear Hedda,
    Let me share with you the enclosed, follows by my statement of support,
    likely to bring me problems in the future.
    Warm regards
    /Azril
    ___

    As an engaged Jewish scholar, in the name of my Jewish heritage of justice,
    peace and solidarity, represented by Rabbi Hillel, Martin Buber and Rabbi
    Barnes, I decry this kind of brutal dennial of my Jewish heritage
    represented by the reactionary politcs of Netanhayu and his fundamentalist
    allies. I regard the latter as associated with the ideological and
    political forces behind the murder of Rabin and his peace project for
    Palestina and Israel.

    ---------- Forwarded message ---------
    From: Nira Yuval-Davis <n.yuval-davis@...>
    Date: Thu, Nov 21, 2019 at 11:15 AM
    Subject: [rc05] arrest of the director of research in Ramalla
    To: Race & Ethnicity Study Group (BSA) List <
    BSA-RACE-ETHNICITY@...>,
    BSA-MIGRATION-DIASPORA-GROUP@... <
    BSA-MIGRATION-DIASPORA-GROUP@...>, rc05@... <
    rc05@...>

    Dear colleagues,

    Please sigtn the below petition to protest against the political arrest of
    the director of the centre for research in Ramalla.

    Thanks.

    https://actionnetwork.org/petitions/for-the-immediate-release-of-mr-ubai-aboudi?source=facebook&&fbclid=IwAR25Xhp8sBDlW2vK_YsZemO_BfomKuLXWii3xQluu95LWSIaloz6gH38yBU

    All the best,

    *Nira Yuval-Davis*, BA, MA, PhD, FAcSS

    Professor Emeritus and Honorary Director of CMRB

    (Centre for research on Migration, Refugees and Belonging)

    The University of East London

    Winner of the 2018 International Sociological Association Distinguished
    Award

    For Excellence in Research and Practice

    Recent  book: *Bordering* (Polity Press, 2019
    http://politybooks.com/bookdetail/?isbn=9781509504947)

    Co-winner of the 2019 Sage Sociology prize for Innovation and Excellence

    (For the article
    https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/0038038517702599)

    [image: University of East London Logo]
    <https://eu-api.mimecast.com/s/click/FE6HbCOuk3s4weMIw-0XeWNjBINpf2yH0q9FxVfV8O6Ce8BjJ7rOCmmhjOLOiSu8rEeBBfvqBUtvnRqkKVsYfRvhJuxs1SGOQvKL2NofYz8nA07oHJl8359zN-IX4-BQU59grcAdC5rorb07iCgHeJFmBsJRdctwDnEyoOvU_HeOnqy72gngb4VTRAe6C6trFIzO_WR9lpNfJin9_IgOVw>
    <https://eu-api.mimecast.com/s/click/uYdzQzQXhDdHR-C0Isqh0gGQ2Z5ScQlw-qy2pqILcoZ7L3bn6l-t39Cc5PCQc2IfrT0ovG8neN6Cl0CmlMzpIJIM0vopwBYy-Xz2r5S8JgbSg4DOjqD2H-Hsmb9f3Av3ARXV6akKDLXWhVjrLiOHGgrju37Zcz6U4PlSXqAhoqupZnSGgjdbNaZdQvuS3ARrdxBj2hsZxp7UT1MzDSnPlw>
    <https://eu-api.mimecast.com/s/click/TVWu-nui8VXmlj1zApPQYakojbPRwHGtXuX_JZoAOlkWXrpL_brbmihEvlNCYYNzalTiP3iQktyjACwM2HszWcodUIcaNMKzyyUGLeIH-SBh_88ScJoMeC1Bo-tgWeW5URA3e5hxmD6djFbFz0gFXeQ150cH2qM5RL_Rev3PFlLWvz4quAZfrJdWYEzw3keT8W-cf7SPHuEdFkScbUHtGw>
    <https://eu-api.mimecast.com/s/click/gNXpRy8Di3hABeg9FCvOkE-Y5y8mnI6_vAqGjse0aPSPiFq6ojqDxWU4MHbWP4Kd1-s5A77oRj0kIR3OZV1MFvB2FzWIEUHz9Dk70sVb45xFKTLQnMpvYNsPBngdinudHs_G-i9388ed5LNnoR_d3smLYn_OpGML_ymLBZ_alYyCb27x7LIo1sbgchSJhurETBotuMqQPh0gdlSxClp7eg>
    The information transmitted in this e-mail and its contents is intended
    confidential and/or privileged material. If you are not the intended
    addressee you are prohibited from storing, copying or using the information
    in any way. This email has been checked for viruses and malware but no
    liability is accepted by UEL for any damage caused by any virus or malware
    that may be transmitted by this email.

    *** Please send all replies to the originator and NOT to the mailing list
    rc05.uibk.ac.at ***