hello Bettina
here they are
Pierre

http://www.forumsocialmundial.org.br/download/2008-07-29-newsletter_EN.htm

1) Defined the list of 10 action objectives for WSF 2009 participants

The local Facilitation Group and members of Methodology Commission met in Belem from July 10th to 12th to evaluate the answers to the consultation process and define the action objectives for WSF 2009 participants.

The Consultation about the WSF objectives was called by the WSF International Council in order to expand or adjust the current action objectives for 2009 event. All the activities (conferences, panels, seminars, workshops and others) will be organized related to those objectives. See bellow the list of 10 action objectives for activities that will happen in Belem 2009 territory. In bold characters there are the additions made to the objectives defined to WSF 2007 in Nairobi (Kenya):

    1. For the construction of a world of peace, justice, ethics and respect for different spiritualities, free of weapons, especially nuclear ones;

    2. For the release of the world domain by capital, multinationals corporations, imperialist, patriarchal, colonial and neo-colonial domination and unequal systems of commerce, by canceling the impoverish countries debt;

    3. For universal and sustainable access to the common property of mankind and nature, for the preservation of our planet and its resources, particularly water, forests and renewable energy sources;

    4. For the democratization and independence of knowledge, culture and communication and for the creation of a system of shared knowledge and acquirement with the dismantling of Intellectual Property Rights;

    5. For the dignity, diversity, ensuring the equality of gender, race, ethnicity, generation, sexual orientation and elimination of all forms of discrimination and caste (discrimination based on descent);

    6. 2. For ensurance (during the lifetime use of all people) of the economic, social, human, cultural and environmental rights, particularly the rights to food, health, education, housing, employment and decent work, communication and food security and sovereignty;

    7. For the construction of a world order based on sovereignty, self-determination and on people's rights, including minorities and migrants;

    8. For the construction of a democratic, emancipator, sustainable and solidary economy, focused on every people and based on ethical and fair trade;

    9. For the construction and expansion of truly local, national and global democratic political and economic structures and institutions, with the participation of people in decisions and control of public affairs and resources;

    2.For the defense of the environment (amazonic and others ecosystems) as source of life for the planet Earth and for the originary peoples of the world (indigenous, afro-descendent, tribal and riverine), that demand their territories, languages, cultures, identities, environmental justice, spiritually and right to live.

For the WSF 2009 it will be possible to register self-managed activities outside the 10 action objectives, that propose an evaluation or outlook on the anti-globalization movements and the World Social Forum process..

2009/7/22 bettina gozzano <bg.64.it@gmail.com>
pierre, would you please send us the list of 10 objectives of the forum defined since  Nairobi?
thanks
bettina

2009/7/22 Pierre George <pierregrg@gmail.com>
Dear Bettina and all

here is an input on the taxonomy issue that is appearing

1/ we have the 10 objectives of the forum defined since  Nairobi that stay "adopted" widely now and  stand as a " common good"  between us,  so  let us use them  as a basis  - they maybe not perfect but they have the uncomparable quality of being consensed in the process

2/then , once we have accumulated some concrete material , of any type,  we can discuss further about taxonomy which is a challenging subject ,
with many options possible like : introducing sub categories inside the 10 objectives,( a bit too classical since any list can be questionned, or  practising public tagging  ( like in wsftv )  and trying to managthe tags to merge them if relevant and avoid pulverization (  as was attempted during GDA 2008)  etc...

3 /while we discuss issue 2,  we can  pragmatically take into account the  existence of lists of 100+ historical keywords lists  that were used in porto alegre 3 5 In mumbai  4 in polycentrics 6 and nairobi 7 sites and maybe in belem
- those lists of keywords have been used by the organziers of  the thousands of actiivties in those forum events , so wiht all their defects they provide a convenient way to classify the content that is linked somehow to those activities
So for the PAST  we can have contents that are linked  to activities that are linked to those keywords that we can relate to some of the 10 objectives ...not so bad  eh?

thanks for feebacks and comments

See you soon on line
Pierre

2009/7/21 bettina gozzano <bg.64.it@gmail.com>
Dear Hilde, this time I manage! maybe it was just a server problem the other day!
gouing through it quickly, I think it is a good basis to sart discussion about it,
personally , so far I dont mind at all this:

1. Water, Environment and Energy
2. Democracy and institutions
3. Peace and war
4. Habitat
5. Gender struggles
6. Dignity, cultural diversity and Discrimination
7. Human rights
8. Youth and Children
9. Food Security and Land reform
10. Labour
11. Education
12. Health
13. Knowledge, Information and communication
14. Taxation, debt, Public finance and Alternative economy
15. Migration
16. Trade and transnational Corporation
what do other think about it?
ciao
bettina

2009/7/21 Hilde C Stephansen <so703hs@gold.ac.uk>

Dear Bettina

That's strange you couldn't access wsflibrary, I have just tried it and it
seems ok. Try again with this link:
http://www.wsflibrary.org/index.php/Wsflibrary.org
You should find a link to the 'actionable themes' on the left.

I had completely forgotten about the little piece I wrote about
classification before, thanks for reminding me!

I know Mikael Book, who is part of the wsflibrary has written an article
about the actionable themes, I will see if I can find it for you.

Best wishes
Hilde

--
Archive: http://openfsm.net/projects/communication-commission/lists/memory-documentationwg/archive/2009/07/1248192186220