• Memory&Documentation WG

  • [Fwd: [lib-wsf] On the road to the Dakar 2011 World Social Forum]

    from "Hilde C. Stephansen" on Nov 12, 2009 03:30 PM
    Dear all,

    I am forwarding for information an email that was just sent on the WSF
    Library list. Perhaps it would be an idea to get in touch with them to
    discuss our different projects? What do people think?

    Hilde

    Subject: [lib-wsf] On the road to the Dakar 2011 World Social Forum
    From:    "Mikael Book" <book@...>
    Date:    Thu, November 12, 2009 10:41 am
    To:      lib-wsf@...

    Dear all,

    next week, a seminar on the World Social Forum event in Dakar 2011
    will take place in Dakar, Senegal.  The programme of the seminar is found
    at the website of the African Social Forum:
    http://www.africansocialforum.org/english/fsm/dakar2011/

    During the seminar, where I will participate as the representative of the
    NIGD, I hope to discuss our WSF Library Project.

    A brief overview of the Project, from the conference at the WSF event in
    Mumbai 2004 via the activity during the WSF event in Nairobi 2007 and up
    till today, is online there:  http://www.nigd.org/nigd/libraries

    Will add reflections about the nature and the role of the project in my
    forthcoming contribution "On Libraries and Political Power As If
    Montesquieu Still Mattered" (outlined there:
    http://www.kaapeli.fi/book/wsflib/abstract_mikael_book.doc )

    Greetings from Finland,

     - Mikael

    Mikael Böök * book@... * gsm +358(0)-44 5511 324 *
    http://www.kaapeli.fi/book/  * http://blogi.kaapeli.fi/book/ *
    http://blog.spinellisfootsteps.info/

    Thread Outline:
  • Re: [Fwd: [lib-wsf] On the road to the Dakar 2011 World Social Forum]

    from rita@... on Nov 12, 2009 07:56 PM
    Ola HIlde, acho bem interessante participarmos dessa lista se a idéia
    é integrar discussões sobre memória e biblioteca. quem mais?
    bjs

    Como fazemos? Também estarei no Senegal e gostaria de participar da conversa.

    bjs

    Rita