• minutas cs 17 sept 09

last modified September 17, 2009 by facilitfsm

Chat comcom 16 septiembre



Starting of Chat 1

Agenda. 1

Update on newsletter bulletin. 1

Montreal preparation. 2

Comcom agenda in montréal ?. 2

How and about what  to prepare on line  the montreal comcom participation ?. 3

Securing a slot  on communication  in agenda of ic. 3

Need a meeting for a discussion on objectives and criterias for prioritizing projects. 4

Una Lista de objectivos de comunicacion– para preparar debate en CI?. 4

Que es Noticia /imagen  del fsm este ano ¿. 4

the way to work for comcom in 2010. 5

next date extra meeting – next wednesday shift one hour later 6

Annex. 7

Starting a List of projects to be assessed along criterias to be discussed in a next meeting. 7

project from sergio. 7



Starting of Chat

[18:02:46] Norma : Hola, ya están?

[18:05:23] Pierre: hola  i see hilde on line and Jason and rita

[18:24:01] Jason: Hola !  Who is here?  Can you confirm your presence saying hello?

[18:30:28] Rita  : hi

[18:30:51] Norma : Yo estoy

[18:31:37] Rita  : I am on phone call, following you

[18:32:14] Pierre: vamos devagar ... mas facil para seguir nos ;)

[18:34:19] Hilde : hello

[18:35:46] Mariana : Hi, I'm here!

[18:36:00] Pierre: we are 6 comenzamos?

[18:40:08] Jason: Hindi, Igor, Meena, Sally, Bia, Monica, are you attending the meeting?  Anyone else?

[18:40:55] sergio  : Estou presente por pouco tempo pois entrarei em um atividade dentro de instantes.Poderei ler para acompanhar mas não consiguirei escrever muito.


[18:45:05] Jason: Proposed agenda:

1. IC Montreal meeting preparation (20 min.)  ( covered)

2. WSF2010 update - contacts with the organising committees (20 min.) ( not covered) 

3. Comcom shared projects (30 min.) (not covered )

Update on dynamics around newsletter/bulletin

[18:48:09] Jason: Can we start?  Maybe an update from Mariana on the newsletter and website update work could be a good introduction...

[18:48:42] Mariana : Ok! I'm just working on it now...

Website has been updated in the 4 idioms... newsletters have been sent in the 4 idioms too...

We're trying to have the newsletter twice a month..this will be the second... I'll try to have it ready for monday...but it's not so easy... information don't depends just on me... translations take lot of time too...

There's something great that must be mentioned... the collaboration of the practical info group (and of my partners in the Office.. Helio and Andre) has been very important

[18:52:13] Jason: Have you been able to find the reference people for all the events?

 [18:52:50] Mariana : you mean for the news of these bulletins? yes, but I didn't have many answers yet...

I'm working on the infos I have already and waiting for more...In any case, I think we have already many topic for this newsletter... if all infos do not come on time, we can leave them for the next newsletter...that must be sent in beginning October... I hope! (before leaving to Montreal)

[18:55:46] Pierre: yes ...  a rhythm of twice a month is demanding more news

we probably need to develop participation of more organizations having " antennas " in  various continental processes ( that reminds of the contact initiated in Rabat ic )



[18:57:44] Mariana : I think it's very positive to get as much news as possible... but we must take care to don't put too much info in the newsletter (I think the last one, for exemple, had too much)...having it twice a month, we can distribute better the news...

ok? ;)

[18:59:27] Pierre: Also it is worth mentioning that  in the last bulletin,  there is an item " wsf on line" were news can be given on comcom  tools and projects

[19:00:04] Mariana : ok

[18:59:14] Jason: ok - this discussion can be continued in the practical info group... where other people are invited (especially from other continents)...

 [18:59:23] Mariana : great

[18:59:24] Jason: thanks Mariana!


See the directory of groups here http://openfsm.net/projects/communication-commission/directory2

The question of enlargement of practical info group is open

Montreal preparation

 [19:02:08] Pierre: starting with point 1 ....who is coming ? 

what do we expect from IC  - other commissions   - what do we need to discuss between us ? when?

who is coming ?  - jason mariana myself dan salete...and ?

[19:07:01] Jason: Mallory (from Jennifer's message)

[19:07:33] Hilde : Not me unfortunately :(

[19:08:55] Rita  : Hi Hilde. I hope to be there

[19:09:56] Hilde : Oi Rita!!

 [19:14:59] Norma : Jason: coincido en consensuar la mayor cantidad de criterios antes, poque la lista de Helio no es confirmada, sólo tentativa. Yo espero tener alguna certeza mayor sobre devolución del pasaje aún, y como viene la mano me parece que no viajaré. Es muy probable que a otros les pase lo mismo.

 [19:19:26] Rita  : Norma, acho bom vc ir e dividir la habitación comigo, ok?

[19:21:15] Norma : Sí, Rita, pero ése no es el problema (el alojamiento está asegurado) sino el pasaje, que es muy caro desde acá, debo saber qué porcentaje devolverán.

[19:21:57] Rita  : certo, acho que Helio poderá informar melhor como está isso

Comcom agenda in montréal ?

[19:23:26] Jason: Here is what I think we need to work on:

- Some analysis of the common theme connecting the events in 2010 (including the proposed logos -- and some  other proposals to discuss and present to the IC)

- A meeting with the methodology commission (we need to send them a proposal now) on the 5th

- A general discussion on communication strategy in the IC plenary agenda

- A presentation of the communication plan for 2010 so far with the elements for discussion and a proposal of agenda for the comcom

 (By the way - there is also the meeting in preparation for WSF2011 in Dakar end of october that Taoufik sent a few days ago, it would be important that a few people from the Comcom could go there...)//


Information the contact with Abourahamane, who was introduced by Taofik as in charge of communication for next WSF11 Organizing committee  has been re-established after he changed email – he is now in the comcom list again  and interested to participate– he wont come to montreal

How and about what  to prepare on line  the montreal comcom participation ?

[19:10:07] Jason: Helio circulated a list of confirmed attendance.  In any case, there won't be many from the Communication commission, so it would be best if we can work beforehand as much as possible - and we will try to have a few live sessions "webcasted".

[19:36:29] Mariana : (Hey, Helio says here that on the 5th there will be few people in Montreal... the methodology commission  has canceled its own meeting..)

 [19:11:59] Rita  : Jason, I agree we should work before, in way to represent the comission as better as possible

 [19:17:43] Pierre: Gente,   it seems  that if we do not make LONG chats  or MORE chats in the next two weeks, we will not get very far  before  montreal - we have lost our tempo and need to recover

 i guess we  also need some further  internal discussion on points like what is our goal as comcom,  what we  facilitate , how we work ,.... consolidate the debates we started in Rabat about what we understand as communication  related to wsf process and  how we have structured our working groups to implement a facilitation strategy in this field

 [19:35:21] Jason: Pierre, I would put that in the comcom agenda for Montreal, trying to finalize what we've been discussing since Belem and trying not to monopolize discussion on procedural matters (though important). 

There are a few documents that need to be finished and agreed upon, they are online - let's give a deadline before the IC meeting for comments so we can finally approve them in Montreal.

 [19:36:30] Rita  : Agree with Jason, the priority now is define what we have in common strategies for next steps

[19:48:59] Rita  : Jason, I fell this moment could be important if we are better coordinated and well represented there. I felt no good those meeting in Rabat, with more question than agreements on our proposals and documents

[19:51:47] Jason: I agree, Rita - that's why it would be useful if you could work not just on the proposals, but also on the "open issues" you feel have to be solved and how you think we can best work together - so we get to Montreal with some common basis.

[20:00:26] Pierre: Talvez tenemos que hacer audio conversaciones  antes de montreal ...


note : further to two more wednesday chat session , an extra meeting is scheduled to help have time to discuss open issues


no deadline has been given In this chat  for reviewing the working  document appearing in the home page of comcom space on line, as Jason  suggested

Securing a slot  on communication  in agenda of ic

[19:38:51] Jason: Thanks Mariana - does Helio already have a proposal of the agenda?

[19:41:53] Mariana : There is a proposal of agenda but it's not concluded yet...

[19:42:30] Mariana : It must be done this week...

 [19:45:31] Jason: In Rabat we have asked the Liason group - as from the discussion had in the IC in Belem, which approved it - to have a session of the IC in Montreal dedicated to communication strategy for the WSF2010.  Do we need to send a "formal" request to Helio and the LG to be sure it is inserted in the agenda proposal?

[19:46:07] Jason: (That question is for Mariana actually...)

[20:01:00] Mariana : (sorry I was out) Helio says that it's not necessary a formal request, but it would be nice if someone send him a message just to remind him...

[20:01:44] Jason: ok, thanks Mariana - I'll do it.



Need a meeting for a discussion on objectives and criterias for prioritizing projects

[19:53:09] Rita  : Ok, but there are a lot of open issues refering the proposals, the criterias for example

I woudn't like to open this kind of discussion there, but we are going to this situation

No problem to solve these item I point after the other open issues, another day, but we have to, ok?

[19:55:54] Jason: We need a dedicated meeting for that - and we should fix a date where we are sure that also Salete and the other facilitators of the working groups are all present.

[19:56:23] Rita  : Em portugues, estou defendendo que em algum momento a gente chegue a acordos sobre os criterios para priorizar projetos, antes de Montreal, para nao termos de fazer esse tipo de debate lá

 [19:57:34] Pierre: The discussion on criterias is  linked a to the discussion on common visions we might have on what is comcom about in our diversity,  what is facilitating communication in wsf process

This takes time and is best done in face to face discussion   - in rabat we did  not schedule enough our work to really cover those open issues


note : further to two more wednesday chat session , an extra meeting will be proposed  to help have time to discuss “open issue”


Una Lista de objectivos de comunicacion– para preparar debate en CI?

[19:56:33] Norma : Estoy de acuerdo en ver qué grandes ejes estratégicos debemos llevar: ¿articulación permanente entre foros? , ¿propiciar comunicación compartida?, ¿activar una memoria activa del FSM?, ¿ayudar a desarrollar la comunicación con países y continentes aún distantes del proceso? , etc.  Pongo ejemplos pensando en  voz alta, no es que pida que sean éstos...

 [19:57:44] Rita  : Acho uma excelente pauta, Norma

[20:00:24] Jason: Bueno - Norma, puedes escriber una pagina para eso y podemos trabajar en lista con comentarios y trasformarla en una presentacion para el debate en el CI?

[20:03:24] Norma : Si sirve lo haré, pero yo preguntaba si ahora tenemos cada uno algunas ideas sobré qué priorizar ante el CI (y cómo involucrarlos, que es lo más difícil), dado que seguramente no habrá tiempo para cosas detalladas.

[20:08:40] Pierre: dos insumos para Norma

1/  los objectivos estan en el contexto de 2010 y nuestro trabajo de facilitacion esta de segundo piso , dirigido  en gran parte a los comite organisadores de todso los eventos

2/  los criterios tambien  lo que hacemos  sea en termino de contenido, herramientas, metodos, sugerencias, apoio,  en el contexto  de 2010 nos dirigimos  al conjunto de  los eventos 2010 para organisadores o para participantes

[20:11:16] Norma : Creo que el hecho de que finalmente hayan "estallado" tantos foros autoconvocados diferentes en todos lados, como si hubieran prendido las semillas tiradas...es una posible idea, porque no hay un eje temático en común en ellos, cada uno responde a su realidad

[20:12:51] Rita  : Norma, el eje sigue siendo la superación de la crise

[20:15:22] Norma : Bien, Rita, a lo mejor entonces es "los caminos alternativos" al modelo dominante en crisis, según cada realidad particular. Y acompañarlos desde la comunicación, como dice Pierre


Que es Noticia /imagen/representacion  del fsm este ano ¿

[20:06:34] Jason: Para mi, uno del los elementos mas importante para la informacion de 2010 es "cual es la noticia del FSM este ano"?  Cual el tema comun?  Como juntar los events?  Etc.

Tenemos que haber una idea de como representar el FSM 2010... porque hasta ahora no hay mucho y el grupo 2010 es mucho atrazado... //


[20:14:21] Pierre: tratando de contestar la pregunta de jason : el FSM2010 es un primer intento de acercarse a la idea de un "proceso espaço abierto mas  continuo" apoiado en un succesion de evnetos a lo largo del ano .... permite tener un "ritmo"  y accompanar con eventos, las acciones publicas y campanas  que son estimuladas por varias coaliciones de organisaction  a traves del mundo  en relacion a la superacion de las crises

es un intento interesante con  nuevas formas de actuar para nosotos comcom


el problema que nos plantea esta nueva forma 2010   es ..... su continuidad

O sea  que pasa en 2011 ? sera o que Dakar va a consumir gran parte de nuestras fuersas para el resto del ano 2011  - de hecho  habra menos eventos   meidanos en 2011 (puesto que los continentales seran para 2012)


[20:19:34] Norma : Una de las tareas me parece (no sólo de nuestra comisión) es justamente lograr que esa diversidad de foros locales y regionales continúen en otros lados de forma sucesiva (si hubo uno de soberanía alimentaria en tal país de Africa, que en el 2011 sea "contestado" desde otro país con la misma prioridad, etc.)

[20:21:10] Pierre: si norma .. es el reto .. con la dificultad que dakar es muy importante relativo a los demas  potenciales de 2011  ( si miramos 2009  aparte de belem hay pocos foros )

pero si este contexto 2010 es radicalmente nuevo para nosotros comcom ya que actuamos de segundo piso


[20:24:04] Norma : Pierre: en 2009 sí, pero en 2010 hay muchos, a lo mejor el impulso continúa...hay que ayudarlo. No estoy segura de que Dakar impida que aparezcan otros más chicos en otros lados.


20:22:10] Jason: El problema principal es que el "proceso" Forum no es una noticia.  Y la dificultad es de facilitar los que hacen informacion y cobertura, sin haber un contenido fuerte, nuevo y evidente (y sin haber establecido una connection con los organisadores de cada evento).  Por eso tenemos que hacer algunas tarejas basicas y estructurar un trabajo con la oficina y los miembro activos de la comcom


[20:24:50] Norma : Jason: el proceso no es noticia, es cierto, pero los caminos alternativos a la crisis quizás sí


[20:27:12] Pierre: Jason: concordo con Norma que la prioridad es comunicacion interna entre los foros eventos , una consolidacion del proceso existente , no creo que haya una noticias de corto plazo possible .. estamos en un proceso de mediano/largo plazo

[20:30:31] Jason: La visibilidad de los Forums es importante para el desarollo del proceso mismo, no es prescindibile...

[20:33:48] Pierre: jason :. el hecho de desplegar una identidad commun  y algunos simbolos ( llama olimpica)  es un parte de la respuesta  " emotiva simbolica"  que tiene importancia


la otra que esbien importante tiambien para la credibilidad interna del procso a si mismo  es el uso efectivo que las redes pueden hacer  para tener una succesion de actividades en los eventos  accompanando las acciones  que tiene  en el espacio publico donde actuan


[20:35:46] Rita  : De fato, Jason, a informaçao entre os Foruns faz parte da estratégia,mas nossa açao, da com com e da comunicaçao do FSM como um todo é para que essa comunicaçao gere visibilidade, nao é prescindível



the way to work for comcom in 2010 : transfer experience to other groups

 [20:24:21] Rita  : Entao, nossa idéia é encontrar meios de transferir as experiencias de comunicacao do FSM até agora pra novos núcleos. Só nao sabemos como fazer isso sem o corpo-a-corpo nos eventos, pq a convivencia tem sido decisiva nesse processo

 [20:25:31] Pierre: si Rita  concordo...una tarea principal es transmitir /proponer .apioar  a una serie de comité organisadores que no conocemos ... y tenemos que dar mucha anticipacion on line ,  y salpicar con un poco de participacion de cara a cara distribuyendonos en todos los eventos  ( idealmente)


[20:25:38] Rita  : Estamos conversando muito por aqui (estou falando também pelo Forum de Radios, a pedido de Maria Pia que está em um chat seguindo Honduras) sobre como fazer isso para ampliar as açoes em rede

[20:26:49] Rita  : Isso seria interessante, Pierre. Ter um grupo de pessoas que saibam bem dos projetos, para troca de informaçoes. experiencias nos eventos


[20:28:51] Pierre: Rita : si ,  creo que cada projeto puede crear un espacio de intercambio de expeirencia entre foros eventos  tratando de jalar personas de cada evnetos que esten interesadas al proyecto  -  y compartir experiencias  ideas y los pocos recuros para facilitar este intercambio y apoiar modestamentes iniciativas tomadas en lugares que precisan de apioo

80% de esto se hace on line , y el resto es el salpicon  de presencias cruzadas que cada gurpo puede tener  y se comienza desde ahora


next date extra meeting – next wednesday shift one hour later

[20:31:42] Jason: [I have to go now - pls fix a date for a specific meeting on the shared project proposal criteria where Salete, Pia, etc. can also be present]

 [20:38:27] Rita  : Entao, falo com Salete e Pia sobre possivel data de encontro? Se vcs puderem animar mais gente a participar, quem sabe chegamos a um entendimento melhor

[20:39:54] Pierre: sim proponho ficar  com nossa data de  prosimo quarta (mas uma hora mas tarde porque nao comenzamos antes desso    e  em parallelo , inserir outra data que sea adecuada

[20:41:08] Norma : Debo irme, estoy de acuerdo en el próximo miércoles una hora más tarde. Si ponen otro más avisen por lista. besos

[20:41:17] Rita  : ok, beijo, até a próxima quarta-feira

[20:42:31] Pierre: si hay una otra data antes de quarta ,  a partir de 14h brasil donde salete pia pueden participar es bien tambien  .... necesitamos tiempo

Me pregunto si a titulo experimental  no podriamos usar www.doodle.com,  y enviar convite al nucleo de participantes irregulares  para encontrar una data suplementario

[20:43:42] Rita  : Pierre, para Pia nao é possível até 24, pq ela está às voltas com Honduras. Depois nao sei, mas vou perguntar

[20:44:33] Pierre: si quieren puedo hacer un ensaio  cada quien da sus disponbiilildades y todos las ven es simple de usar

[20:44:45] Rita  : ok agora preciso ir, sempre é bom experimentar nova ferramenta

 [20:45:45] Pierre: y esto que no podemos depender solos de encuentros fisicos ,  mesmo se un cheiro e sempre melhor

[20:45:44] Hilde : Oi e tschau pessoal, desculpe a falta da minha participacao hoje. Vou tentar estar no chat no proxima quarta. Beijos (wave)

 [20:46:05] Pierre: ciao

[20:47:06] Mariana : Ciao, pessoal!

[20:47:26] Rita  : bjssss


The  extra  invitation is  sent to the group of people in charge of project/group facilitation 




Starting a List of projects to be assessed along criterias to be discussed in a next meeting

[19:32:48] Rita  : As you see, some projects of us were linked here. They mean we need to review the criterias for definition on priorities

Como vcs viram, alguns projetos foram linkados aqui, neste espaço de chat. Isso significa que precisamos rever os critérios para definir nossas prioridades

[19:34:54] Pierre: rita : que quer dizer linkados ?  por um link no chat ( como feiz sergio?)

[19:35:27] Rita  : Sim, os projetos estao no openfsm e nós colocamos os links aqui

 [19:39:34] Norma : ¿Por qué no ponemos ahora los títulos de los proyectos presentados para ver en qué orden o de qué manera plantearlos como prioridades en Montreal?


[19:41:49] Rita  :  Projeto Ciranda



 Projeto Fórum de Radios


[19:43:07] Jason: (Rita - that is the 3rd point of our agenda, we're still on the 1st...)

[19:43:41] Rita  : Ok (I was responding to Norma demand)

Other projects or tasks groups in comcom    are accessible in the spaces of the comcom through the directory


In preparation  there is a press project, http://openfsm.net/projects/communication-commission/press-gt-wiki

and a participation and internal com project updated from what exist


project from sergio

[15:17:15] sergio  : Caros tentei colocar no Opem FSM  uma proposta de viabilização do Projeto de Histórias de Vida. Como não entendi direito como funciona a ferramenta  estou postando neste chat para vossa avaliação pois n˜åo poderie participar da Reunião a tarde.

[15:18:42] sergio  : Para   IC Comunication Comision.


Caros amigos,


Preocupado com a limitação dos recursos financeiros para a execução dos diversos projetos propostos, encaminho para análise e avaliação este Plano de Ação com necessidades mínimas para alavancar o projeto e buscar recursos externos que possam viabilizar este e outros projetos que necessitem de recursos comuns.



Plano de Ação para viabilização do projeto:

  “Histórias de vidas que fazem o FSM”.





1. Disseminar a idéia entre as entidades que já participaram do FSM

2. Identificar entre as entidades pessoas que representem os 10 Objetivos do FSM e toda a diversidade para colher depoimentos em 2010

3. Produzir uma apresentação eletrônica com 10 depoimentos resumidos em video e texto, mesmo que a distância, para servir de demonstração

4. Buscar recursos externos para viabilizar o projeto e capacitar entidades mobilizadas a fazerem o mesmo em seu países

5. Otimizar recursos.



1. Mapear necessidades comuns dos projetos apresentados.

2. Identificar recursos  comuns (humanos, equipamentos e suprimentos)

3. Orçar estas necessidades

4. Identificar rede de voluntários - Entidades e Pessoas

5. Gerenciar agenda dos envolvidos.

6. Apresentar projeto aos potenciais financiadores externos (Fundações, Ongs, Estatais).



1 Articulador por 6 meses 6 meses a partir de outubro/09.

1 Editor de texto.

1 Editor de Video.

Compartilhar local de trabalho

Compartilhaar acesso a Internet


Verba necessária por 6 meses: € 30.000,00.

[15:19:25] sergio  : Aguardo parecer

[15:19:46] sergio  : Abraços . Sergio