• Iraq Social Forum

Re: Re: Minutes of our chat today, and statement against violence

de parte de hitchman@... on 2013-07-04 07:50
Hello Pierre,

In English, you are a participant in a meeting, but member of a committee: it's linguistic!

In solidarity

Judith
---- Envoyé avec BlackBerry® d'Orange ----

-----Original Message-----
From: Pierre George <pierregrg@...>
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2013 09:29:06
To: <iraq-social-forum-english@...>
Subject: Re: [Iraq Social Forum] Re: Minutes of our chat today, and
 statement
	against violence

hello everone

regarding the call,  i would suggest to  add the word "participants" i the
last paragraph

As PARTICIPANTS IN THE  International Solidarity Committee, we strongly
condemn all the current acts of violence, and particularly those heinous
acts that have targeted children and youth practicing sport and other
peaceful activities.

this will be consistent with the fact of listing name afterwards .

Pierre...

2013/7/4 Martina Pignatti M. <martina.pignatti@...>

>  Thanks Judith, I forgot to add it in the minutes!
>
> *Next Skype meeting has been scheduled for Wednesday 17th of July 2013,
> at the usual time (3pm GMT).*
>
> Thanks also for the following text, that I ask everyone to check and
> eventually amend within tomorrow night, 4th of July. *It is a solidarity
> message that we agreed to write today. When we finalize it, it can
> circulate in our lists and be disseminated in Iraq (we'll need to make an
> Arabic translation).*
>
> I suggest that we add to this statement signatures of the International
> Committee for the ISF only, and we spread it asap, since it's a very simple
> message. What do others think?
>
> If you agree with the text please confirm if we can add your endorsement!
> I can collect signature, but I need:
>
> NAME AND SURNAME; ORGANIZATION; COUNTRY
>
> Best
> Martina
> www.unponteper.it
> www.iraqicivilsociety.org
>

>  The International Solidarity Committee of the World Social Forum is
> supporting the preparation of the first Iraqi Social Forum, scheduled to
> take place in Baghdad on 26-28 September 2013.
>

>  One of the key aims of the ISF (Iraqi Social Forum) is to build peace
> and overcome all forms of violence in Iraq. The very fact that the ISF is
> still scheduled to take place in the face of the current wave of bombings
> is in itself not only a challenge, but a way of defying this violence and
> proving that peace and another Iraq are possible.
>

>  As International Solidarity Committee, we strongly condemn all the
> current acts of violence, and particularly those heinous acts that have
> targeted children and youth practicing sport and other peaceful activities.
>

> --
> Archive: http://openfsm.net/[…]/1372897952651<http://openfsm.net/projects/iraq-social-forum/lists/iraq-social-forum-english/archive/2013/07/1372897952651>

Archive: http://openfsm.net/projects/iraq-social-forum/lists/iraq-social-forum-english/archive/2013/07/1372923458399

Regresar a vista por datas: Filado ou plano