• Iraq Social Forum

Re: Our statement against violence in Iraq, add the last signatures today!

from olive tree2000 on Jul 10, 2013 05:44 AM
thank you.. it is  good
Ahmad Jaradat

________________________________
 From: Martina Pignatti M. <martina.pignatti@...>
To: iraq-social-forum-english@...
Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 4:53 AM
Subject: [Iraq Social Forum] Our statement against violence in Iraq, add the last signatures today!

Dear all, this is the last version of the statement as far as I understand, I added a few words in red since attacks against journalists ana activists continue and are terrible. Please check if your signature has been included and eventually add it today, 10th of July, so we can start spreading it on Friday, the 11th of July. I've added in red some people that I'm quite sure would like to sign, please confirm! I did not include signatures of Iraqis except Ismaeel that is now working for ICSSI from abroad. Olfa or someone else, could you please do a quick Arabic translation of this text? Thanks a lot, Martina http://www.unponteper.it/ http://www.iraqicivilsociety.org/

The International Solidarity Committee of the World Social Forum is supporting the preparation of the first Iraqi Social Forum, scheduled to take place in Baghdad on 26-28 September 2013.

One of the key aims of the ISF (Iraqi Social Forum) is to build peace and justice and overcome all forms of violence in Iraq. The very fact that the ISF is still scheduled to take place in the face of the current wave of bombings is in itself not only a challenge, but a way of defying this violence and proving that peace and security in another Iraq are possible.

As International Solidarity Committee, we strongly condemn all the current acts of violence, just as we have always condemned imperial wars imposed on civilians, who always pay the highest price. We particularly condemn attacks on human rights defenders and journalists, and those heinous acts that in Iraq have recently targeted children and youth practicing sport and other peaceful activities.

Name
  Organization
  Country

Ismaeel Dawood
  Iraqi Civil Society Solidarity Initiative  international

Martina Pignatti Morano  Un ponte per...  Italy

Judith Hitchman and Sergio Cordeiro?
  Babels
  Ireland, France, Spain

Sabiha Ben Ammar
  Confédération Générale Tunisienne du Travail (CGTT)
  Tunisia

Feroz Mehdi?
  Alternatives International
  international

Mireille Fanon-Mendes  Frantz Fanon Foundation
  France

Elena Laurenti and Nicola Visconti  A.D. Sport Against Violence  Italy
Pierre George  WSF IC Communication Commission  France
Mboirick Mohamed  Gathering of Young Mauritania for Development  Mauritania

Olfa Mohamed?
  Tunisian League of Women Voters
  Tunisia

Ahmad Jaradat?
  Alternative Information Center
  Palestine/Israel

Gershom Kabaso?
  Zambia Social Forum
  Zambia

Terry Kay Rockefeller?
  September 11 Families for Peaceful Tomorrows
  USA

Felipe Daza?
  NOVACT
  Spain