• Iraq Social Forum

Antwort: IMPORTANT, international participants and visa issues

from Anis Ayadi on Aug 06, 2013 04:05 PM
Hi
I am so sorry, i was not able to answer your emails . i was for one month
in syria .
i will register as soon as possible

best Regards

Anis Ayadi
Distribution
Africa / Middle East

Deutsche Welle (DW)
Kurt-Schumacher-Str. 3
53113 Bonn
Germany

T +49.228.429-2718
F +49.228.429-2709
M +49.15233.953705
anis.ayadi@...
www.dw.de

Von:    "Martina Pignatti M." <martina.pignatti@...>
An:     iraq-social-forum-english@...
Datum:  06.08.2013 17:31
Betreff:        [Iraq Social Forum] IMPORTANT,  international participants
and visa issues

Dear all,

our call for the ISF has been spread through the ICSSI and NCCI
newsletters too, and more internationals are registering. We are now at 23
international participants registered for ISF in Baghdad (plus 3 Iraqis
who registered here by mistake) and 18 VERY INTERESTING PROPOSALS for the
Extended ISF. You find all registrations in the attachment, please check
who's there from your country. I'm not sending you personal information of
participants but email address is there, please do not share this file
with others.

Some of them will have problems in accessing Iraqi Embassies, since one is
not present in their country (e.g. Croatia, in Europe), or they cannot
reach it (e.g. people of Christian Peacemaker Team in KRG cannot go back
to their country to get the visa and would need to travel directly from
Sulaymanyia to Baghdad). For all these reasons, and to avoid complicated
and differentiated procedures, it would be much better for all
participants to receive a visa letter from Iraqi authorities, and get the
visa at Baghdad airport. We need to know from the ISF Committee in Baghdad
if this is possible for all internationals, or if we should send you
specific information on visa problems of each participant.

We need to decide very soon if we should send an official invitation
letter to international registered participants (signed by an officially
registered Iraqi NGO) and tell them to apply for visa at the closest Iraqi
embassy, or not.

Thanks to our Iraqi friends for figuring this out, I know it's terribly
complicated to get a clear reply from Iraqi authorities!!!

Best
Martina

--
Archive: http://openfsm.net/[…]/1375803668181
"ISF Registrations August 6.xls" gelöscht von Anis Ayadi/FMBN/DWD]

Return to date view: threaded or flat