due to major committments of some of us (mobilizing for peace in
Syria!), the chat of the International Solidarity Committee for
the Iraqi Social Forum (ISF) will be done in ARABIC ONLY
tomorrow: Wednesday 11th of September, at 14:00 GMT (that is 16:00
in Italy, 17:00 in Iraq). We hope not only Iraqis, but people
from the Arab world and all those who understand some Arabic
will participate as well.
We will get a report in English in
this mailinglist after the chat.
Sorry for this change in plans, but in recent chats there was
little participation of internationals, and for Iraqis it's very
complicated to have a chat with simultaneous English-Arabic
translation. We need now to get as many info as possible from
Some good news for you:
- the whole ISF committee approved a new risk assessment (will be
sent soon to registered participants) and is convinced there are
no major risks for internationals coming for the ISF, they insist
- ISF secretariat was able to get the national theater for the
formal opening of ISF, on Sept 26!
- UNDP wants to support the ISF process after the forum!
- the Ministry of Environment will produce 2000 bags for the ISF,
with the ISF logo, adding info on environmental protection!
- Obama, Putin and al-Assad may give peace a chance