• Iraq Social Forum

Re: Fwd: FW: Summary of the meeting of the Preparatory Committee of the Iraqi Social Forum

de parte de Pierre George en 16/09/2013 21:19
Thanks to isf committee for this informative document!

Here are some notes, questions or suggestions

Pierre - extension team

1/ what are the two “plenary sessions” for and how they will be
“facilitated”and by who ( ISF committee?)

2/ what kind of outcome is expected by their participants(150 people by the
size of the room). As per the world social forum charter there should not
be any final document coming out of those plenary sessions in the name of
ISF

3/ logistically it can be understood that the 140+ announcements made in
baghad and visible here :
http://openfsm.net/projects/iraq-social-forum/isfbaghdad-overview-en-ar are
either going to be in 50 small tents or scheduled in  9 big rooms for
workshops with 3 slots of  2 hours  each  - that makes 54 activities in 2
days  -

4/ there is a small room for individual tele interventions from baghdad  in
some solidarity activity abroad during isf (  mauritania, norway  italy
etc..)

5/  there is one big hall for extension Hall (100) person ,which will serve
as the extended forum bureau (A10)-what does " bureau means?  - suggestion
it may be useful to test to divide it in 2  or 3.. which would give more
flexibility in schedule  for between 5 and 10 tele exchange sessions :   2
rooms would allow around 12 tele exchange of 2 hours  during the day -

6/ the document does not mention who is responsible for the securing the
quality of internet connection( preliminary test would be good ..)  and the
streaming of how many? activities in which rooms?

2013/9/16 Toon Bijnens <bijnens.toon@...>

> Fine with me as well.
>

> 2013/9/16 Feroz Mehdi <feroz@...>
>
>>  Thanks. Fine with me
>>
>> feroz
>>

>> On 2013-09-15 8:09 PM, Martina Pignatti M. wrote:
>>
>> Thanks a lot Ali, you are all doing a great job in Baghdad!!!!!
>>
>> Now we urgently need:
>> - news on the visa letters, internationals are waiting for them in order
>> to buy their flights
>> - the draft program of the forum, even if it is in Arabic and even if you
>> will change it soon
>> - a few Iraqi volunteers that can work on the Extended Forum
>> - the risk assessment of the second week of September, that will
>> unfortunately include the last wave of attacks :-(
>>
>> *Since we are getting very close to the ISF, can we have an
>> international chat this week on Wednesday, Sept 18, at 14:00 GMT (that is
>> 16:00 in Italy, 17:00 in Iraq)?*
>>
>> Best
>> Martina
>>
>> Il 14/09/13 13:52, Iraqi social forum ha scritto:
>>
>>  Summary of the meeting of the Preparatory Committee of the Iraqi Social
>> Forum
>>   Ali Saheb
>>  Iraqi Social Forum Coordinator
>> ـــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــ
>> isf.iraq@...
>> info@...
>>  www.iraqsf.org
>> skype: ali_ros87
>> 009647717642238
>> 009647702685201

Regresar a la vista por fechas: Hilado o llano