• Iraq Social Forum

R: EXTENDED IRAQI SOCIAL FORUM, final instructions from Baghdad

de parte de "Nicola" on 2013-09-26 07:40
Dear All,

I cannot hide my disappoint for the events of the last period: until 15 days ago every things appeared goes in right direction, 26 was programmed SAV at University with open ceremony of ISF at the end, after that you said all and the contrary of all: the University wasn’t informed, they didn’t have time for organizing Sport Activities, they didn’t want opening ceremony inside University and so you decided to take out space to SAV and to bring the ceremony to National Theatre and when in the last chat I asked to bring again it to University this was impossible: but how is it possible that now University accept to do this inside if only a few days before they refused?

Any way our group has decided of not coming in Baghdad because SAV appeared short and light, now we don’t like to  be not there !

I hope more attention in Sport Activities for the future and I want remember that this is the fourth race that we are organizing: this is the testimony of the continuity of our project, moreover I hope that our referent in Baghdad, Ahmed, will has space in the Plenary Session for reading our communicate!

Have a nice SAV and ISF, All the Best

Nicola

Da: Martina Pignatti M. [mailto:martina.pignatti@...]
Inviato: mercoledì 25 settembre 2013 18:12
A: iraq-social-forum-english@...; extended-participants-isf@...
Oggetto: [Iraq Social Forum] EXTENDED IRAQI SOCIAL FORUM, final instructions from Baghdad

Dear all,

the Extension Team is now in Baghdad! We had a meeting this afternoon with the Iraqi members who are in charge of the streaming, and we dealt with a last-minute problem: the National Theatre cancelled the reservation of the ISF (reasons to be clarified, surely there's a political issue involved too) so we will do the opening event at the University just after Sports Against Violence.

Hence, the opening ceremony will take place tomorrow, 26th of September, from Baghdad University Campus, at 12:00 Baghdad Time. A live stream of the whole day will be available online (at www.iraqsf.org). If internet connection at the campus is good enough, we will have two streaming channels, one in English and one in Arabic, otherwise you will only hear the audio on the stage (mainly Arabic, with speeches of internationals in English).

Concerning workshops on 27 and 28 September, we should be able to have 5 streaming channels at the same time. For some events there will be two streams: one in Arabic and one in English.

>From abroad you can also participate in the workshops via Google Hangout, so you can text chat below the streaming window! To do this, please follow these simple steps:
- Download Google Hangout (Google Plus). You will need a Gmail account.
- A link will be online at www.iraqsf.org to access the hangouts, an hour before each workshop. Click on this link and you will be in the Google Hangout text chat of the ISF livestream, for the workshop you've selected.
- You can then chat and leave live comments with regars to the Forum.

The following workshops will be livestreamed, if internet doesn't betray us :-)
Numbers refer to this program:
http://www.iraqicivilsociety.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/SENT-TO-PRINTING-FINAL-ISF-program-En-and-Ar.pdf

*2streams : Arabic & English audio.

*stream : Arabic audio only.

27th September

1st period

1. A1 ... 2streams

9. A4 ... 2streams

5. A8 .. stream

__

2nd period

1. A1 ..2streams

4. A4 ..2streams

8. A3 .. stream

____

3rd period

9. A10 .. 2streams

4. A6 .. 2streams

1.. A8 .. stream

_________________________

28th September

1st period

1. A1 .. 2streams

4. A4 .. 2streams

6. A6 .. stream

__

2nd period

5. A9 .. 2streams

6. A6 .. 2streams

7. A7 .. stream

__

3rd period

4. A4 .. 2streams

7. A10 .. 2streams

6. A1 .. stream

___

Closing cerimony 2 streams

In addition, you can contact the Skype address isf.extensionteam to chat with some iraqi activists while you are organizing activities abroad, if you signal it in advance writing to ISF Extension Team  <mailto:isf.extensionteam@...> <isf.extensionteam@...>. Till now about 10 skype appointments have been confirmed during the forum.

All the Best, live from Baghdad!

The ISF Extension Team

--
Archive: http://openfsm.net/[…]/1380126340695 <http://openfsm.net/projects/iraq-social-forum/lists/iraq-social-forum-english/archive/2013/09/1380126340695>

Regresar a vista por datas: Filado ou plano