• Iraq Social Forum

  • Greetings from Iraq

    from Iraqi social forum on Jul 02, 2015 12:18 PM
    Dear friends and colleagues
    Greetings from Iraq
    As our country witnesses the longest series of violence events, resulted in
    hundreds of innocent Iraqi causalities, who had no guilt, other than being
    Iraqis who had out up with long years of dictatorship and mtilitary coups;
    then other years of occupation ant its outcomes of corruption and quota
    system; hence, the Iraqi civil movements had to rise up to it's
    responsibility, trying to improve our reality.
    We the ISF were a part of that wide civil movement in Iraq, and we
    organized the first session of the ISF in Sept 2013. Today, as I write to
    you this e mail, the ISF secretariat is doing its best to prepare the
    second session of the ISF that will be held on the 01st- 03rd Oct 2015 in
    Baghdad. We have the ambition to organize parallel activities in other
    provinces.
    Despite all the difficulties, we called for volunteering in helping with
    organizing the second session.  We were amazed with the size of the
    response we got for volunteering. During the first week, we had 100 Young
    men and women volunteering for the second session, and some of them, to our
    greatest pleasure, we form all over the country and some neighboring Arabic
    countries as well.  We've also called for all the Iraqi civil movements to
    register their activities with in the second session program.
    One of the most important event that we are trying to organize will be the
    Baghdad Marathon, which we are planning to make it synchronized with the
    ISF and will be on the 2nd Oct 2015 in Baghdad's streets.
    You have generously provided us with your solidarity and support; for that
    we are in deep gratitude.. Thank you and we are looking forward to hear
    from you
    Kind Regards

    Ali Saheb
    Iraqi Social Forum Coordinator
    ـــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــ
    isf.iraq@...
    info@...
    www.iraqsf.org
    skype: ali_ros87
    009647717642238
    009647702685201

    Thread Outline:
  • Re: Greetings from Iraq

    from gkabaso2003 on Jul 02, 2015 01:16 PM
    Dear Comrades in ISF,

    Solidarity Greetings from Zambia Social Forum (ZAMSOF).

    Thanks for sharing this piece of information with us will provide  the
    needful support in the regard.

    Best Regards

    Gershom Kabaso Jr.,
    National Cordinator
    Zambia Social Forum

    On 2 July 2015 at 13:57, Iraqi social forum <info@...> wrote:

    > Dear friends and colleagues
    > Greetings from Iraq
    > As our country witnesses the longest series of violence events, resulted
    > in hundreds of innocent Iraqi causalities, who had no guilt, other than
    > being Iraqis who had out up with long years of dictatorship and mtilitary
    > coups; then other years of occupation ant its outcomes of corruption and
    > quota system; hence, the Iraqi civil movements had to rise up to it's
    > responsibility, trying to improve our reality.
    > We the ISF were a part of that wide civil movement in Iraq, and we
    > organized the first session of the ISF in Sept 2013. Today, as I write to
    > you this e mail, the ISF secretariat is doing its best to prepare the
    > second session of the ISF that will be held on the 01st- 03rd Oct 2015 in
    > Baghdad. We have the ambition to organize parallel activities in other
    > provinces.
    > Despite all the difficulties, we called for volunteering in helping with
    > organizing the second session.  We were amazed with the size of the
    > response we got for volunteering. During the first week, we had 100 Young
    > men and women volunteering for the second session, and some of them, to our
    > greatest pleasure, we form all over the country and some neighboring Arabic
    > countries as well.  We've also called for all the Iraqi civil movements to
    > register their activities with in the second session program.
    > One of the most important event that we are trying to organize will be the
    > Baghdad Marathon, which we are planning to make it synchronized with the
    > ISF and will be on the 2nd Oct 2015 in Baghdad's streets.
    > You have generously provided us with your solidarity and support; for that
    > we are in deep gratitude.. Thank you and we are looking forward to hear
    > from you
    > Kind Regards
    >

    > Ali Saheb
    > Iraqi Social Forum Coordinator
    > ـــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــ
    > isf.iraq@...
    > info@...
    > www.iraqsf.org
    > skype: ali_ros87
    > 009647717642238
    > 009647702685201
    >

    > --
    > Archive: http://openfsm.net/[…]/1435839487602
    > <http://openfsm.net/projects/iraq-social-forum/lists/iraq-social-forum-english/archive/2015/07/1435839487602>

    Gershom Kabaso,Jr.,  National Coordinator ,
    Zambia Social Forum  ( ZAMSOF)
     Email:gersheek@...   Zamsof@...
     PO BOX CA 131 Castle Lusaka, Zambia Southern Africa
     Cell Phone: +260 977 46 72 86  +260 950 72 11 22

  • Re: Greetings from Iraq

    from noemi on Jul 02, 2015 12:50 PM
    Dear Ali Saheb,it is a great pleasure to read your email announcing the forthcoming of the Second Meeting of ISF.
    Last week I was in Geneve and Bern attending the 61th Rencontre Assyriologique International: this year for the first time they organized a specific session on preserving archaeological sites and culturale heritage, mostly in Syria and Iraq.Representatives of National and local Museum of Syria and Iraq presented the huge effort they are carrying on to preserve archaeological sites and artifacts.from destruction and looting.  It is a crucial starting-point to mantain your cultural reachness and ancient historical roots.
    I would be really happy to attend your next Forum and to spread away information about it, before, during, and after.
    Wishing all the best for the best outcoming, SincerelyNoemi Colombo

[...]

    from martinapm on Jul 02, 2015 05:23 PM
    Dear Ali and all friends of this international solidarity list,

    we are ready to start preparations for this new adventure, and with
    ICSSI we committ to work soon to spread internationally the invitation
    and start registration procedures for internationals. Daesh will not
    enter Baghdad but our activists will invade the city in October, keep
    ready ;-)

    Warmly, with Best Ramandan Wishes to all,
    Martina

    logo UPP
    *Martina Pignatti Morano*
    /Presidente/
    ph. +39 0644702906
    martina.pignatti@... <mailto:martina.pignatti@...>

    *Un ponte per...*
    P.zza Vittorio Emanuele II 132 00185 Rome, Italy
    www.unponteper.it <http://www.unponteper.it/>
    *Il 5x1000 a Un ponte per... CF: 96232290583
    <http://www.unponteper.it/5x1000>*

    Il 02/07/15 13:57, Iraqi social forum ha scritto:
    > Dear friends and colleagues
    > Greetings from Iraq
    > As our country witnesses the longest series of violence events,
    > resulted in hundreds of innocent Iraqi causalities, who had no guilt,
    > other than being Iraqis who had out up with long years of dictatorship
    > and mtilitary coups; then other years of occupation ant its outcomes
    > of corruption and quota system; hence, the Iraqi civil movements had
    > to rise up to it's responsibility, trying to improve our reality.
    > We the ISF were a part of that wide civil movement in Iraq, and we
    > organized the first session of the ISF in Sept 2013. Today, as I write
    > to you this e mail, the ISF secretariat is doing its best to prepare
    > the second session of the ISF that will be held on the 01st- 03rd Oct
    > 2015 in Baghdad. We have the ambition to organize parallel activities
    > in other provinces.
    > Despite all the difficulties, we called for volunteering in helping
    > with organizing the second session.  We were amazed with the size of
    > the response we got for volunteering. During the first week, we had
    > 100 Young men and women volunteering for the second session, and some
    > of them, to our greatest pleasure, we form all over the country and
    > some neighboring Arabic countries as well.  We've also called for all
    > the Iraqi civil movements to register their activities with in the
    > second session program.
    > One of the most important event that we are trying to organize will be
    > the Baghdad Marathon, which we are planning to make it synchronized
    > with the ISF and will be on the 2nd Oct 2015 in Baghdad's streets.
    > You have generously provided us with your solidarity and support; for
    > that we are in deep gratitude.. Thank you and we are looking forward
    > to hear from you
    > Kind Regards
    >

    > Ali Saheb
    > Iraqi Social Forum Coordinator
    > ـــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــ
    > isf.iraq@... <mailto:isf.iraq@...>
    > info@... <mailto:info@...>
    > www.iraqsf.org <http://www.iraqsf.org>
    > skype: ali_ros87
    > 009647717642238
    > 009647702685201
    >

    > --
    > Archive: http://openfsm.net/[…]/1435839487602
    > <http://openfsm.net/projects/iraq-social-forum/lists/iraq-social-forum-english/archive/2015/07/1435839487602>
    > questions.

    • RE: Greetings from Iraq

      from NOZHA ACTIVISTE on Aug 06, 2015 10:45 AM
      Hello dear Martina,
      I hope you are fine.
       I want to participate in the second session of the ISF that will be held on the 01st- 03rd Oct 2015 in Baghdad.If it is possible also I suggest  to intervene
       in the subject "Transitional Justice" as I'm expert in this field .
      Can I help you in the preparation on this Forum?as ideas and suggestions...
      Best regards
      Ben Fredj Nozha
      Internatinal obsevatory oh human rights  (president)

      Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2015 19:03:17 +0200
      From: martina.pignatti@...
      To: iraq-social-forum-english@...; ole.m.y.pedersen@...
      CC: tyler@...
      Subject: Re: [Iraq Social Forum] Greetings from Iraq

[...]

              for questions.

      --
      Archive: http://openfsm.net/[…]/1435857828368

  • R: Greetings from Iraq

    from "Nicola" on Jul 02, 2015 02:41 PM
    Dear Ali and Friends,

    I’m very shot from your courage and we are ready to give you all our effort for ISF and Baghdad Marathon more of all: personally I’m ready to come in Baghdad before if you believe useful for organization!

    All the best

    Nicola

[...]

    • Re: R: Greetings from Iraq

      from laura silvia battaglia on Jul 02, 2015 03:24 PM
      Dear Ali and dear all,
      Consider me in, also with my husband, to help you and, of course, doing footage and videos for this amazing occasion. You are brave people, we will join you in beeing brave too.
      Ramadan Kareem for everyone.
      Laura

      Inviato da iPad