• Iraq Social Forum

  • Announcing Iraqi Social Forum on Civil Peace and Coexistence in Baghdad, October 2015

    from martinapm on Aug 15, 2015 10:38 AM
    Dear all,
    I forward you the ICSSI newsletter with the announcement of the Iraqi
    Social Forum 2015, please spread the news!
    This year unfortunately ICSSI cannot cover travel or accommodation costs
    of internationals so I ask all of you to look for funding through your
    organizations, if you wish to travel to Baghdad. And register online as
    soon as possible, since you will need to apply for the visa at the Iraqi
    Ambassy in your country... not easy visa at the airport this time, we do
    not have an endorsement of an Iraqi institution.
    But I'm sure we can put together an important international delegation,
    come on, registrations are open!!!
    Warmly
    Martina
    www.unponteper.it
    www.iraqicivilsociety.org

    If you cannot view this email properly please click here

    <http://www.iraqicivilsociety.org/newsletter/newsletter_ICSSI_04_2015.html>

    *SUPPORT US* <http://www.iraqicivilsociety.org/joinsupport-icssi/>

    *ICSSI WEBSITE* <http://www.iraqicivilsociety.org>

    *ICSSI SOCIAL NETWORK* <http://icssi08.ning.com/>

    *FACEBOOK*
    <http://www.facebook.com/people/Icssi-Solidarity-Initiative/100001518226619>

    *ICCSI Newsletter n. 04 year 2015*

    *
    Announcing the Iraqi Social Forum 2015. Join us in Baghdad!

    *A thematic Iraqi Social Forum on Coexistence and Civil Peace has been
    launched by Iraqi civil society organizations, and will take place in
    Baghdad from the 1st to the 3rd of October 2015. During the Forum we
    will host a Mini-Marathon for Peace to celebrate the International Day
    of Nonviolence on the 2nd of October. Read the call and register online!
     >> <http://www.iraqicivilsociety.org/archives/4527>

    *
    Victory of anti-corruption protests in Iraq. Statement by the Iraqi
    Social Forum

    *The Iraqi Council of Representatives unanimously voted this week on a
    paper of reforms to combat corruption and government waste, that was
    approved by the Council of Ministers in an extraordinary session held
    last Sunday. This is a result of the public pressure produced in the
    past two weeks by massive social protests that took place in many Iraqi
    provinces. >> <http://www.iraqicivilsociety.org/archives/4510>

    *
    Videos on demonstrations in Baghdad

    *Watch these exceptional videos on the demonstrations in Tahrir Sqare,
    Baghdad. People are singing, police smile at activists and distribute
    water to them, women feel confident enough to be in the crowd. Another
    Iraqi is possible, indeed! >>
    <http://www.iraqicivilsociety.org/archives/4522>

    *
    After ISIS: Perspectives of Displaced Communities from Ninewa on Return
    to Iraq's Disputed Territory

    *Recently, military developments and international involvement have
    resulted in ISIS retreating from some areas previously under its control
    in Iraq. IDP communities struggle to return while the potential for
    renewed conflict remains alarmingly high. A report comissioned by PAX in
    order to prepare for conflict sensitive peace building programs. >>
    <http://www.iraqicivilsociety.org/archives/4368>

    *
    Alternatives to War: Eight Things the US Should do Regarding Daesh

    *When it comes to dealing with US policy towards ISIS, there are two
    critical understandings. One requires rejecting George W. Bush's
    post-9/11 claim that the only choice was "we either go to war, or we let
    'em get away with it." That was not the only choice for dealing with al
    Qaeda then, it is not the only choice for dealing with ISIS now. War or
    nothing is never the only choice. >>
    <http://www.iraqicivilsociety.org/archives/4464>

    To unsubscribe from this list send an email to:

    ICSSI Newsletter #04 (year 2015)

    Thread Outline:
  • RE: Announcing Iraqi Social Forum on Civil Peace and Coexistence in Baghdad, October 2015

    from NOZHA ACTIVISTE on Aug 20, 2015 09:09 AM
    Hi dear Martina,
    I hope you are  fine.
    Thank you for your email.I ask you if it is possible to  interfere  in Baghdah Forum about Transitional Justice as I'm expert in Transitional Justice and I
    interfiere  in many countries about this theme as in  South Africa, Marroco,Libya.
    Also I want to inform you that it is quite impossible for me to afford my own accomodation  and ticket because my association doesn't have funds.
    I ask you  if there is  another possibility to help me for travelling Baghdad.
    kind regards
    ben fredj Nozha
    International Obsevatory of Human Rights
    0021623569622

    Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2015 12:16:00 +0200
    From: martina.pignatti@...
    To: iraq-social-forum-english@...
    Subject: [Iraq Social Forum] Announcing Iraqi Social Forum on Civil Peace and	Coexistence in Baghdad, October 2015

[...]

                              SUPPORT

                                        US

                              ICSSI

                                        WEBSITE

                              ICSSI

                                        SOCIAL NETWORK

                              FACEBOOK

    --
    Archive: http://openfsm.net/[…]/1439635080284

    • Re: Announcing Iraqi Social Forum on Civil Peace and Coexistence in Baghdad, October 2015

      from Tarek Abdelaal on Aug 20, 2015 10:21 AM
      I can not come to Baghdad, because i have a judicail case at this time
       kind regards
      Tarek Abdelall

      On Thu, Aug 20, 2015 at 10:47 AM, NOZHA ACTIVISTE <he_zar@...> wrote:

> [...]
      > understandings. One requires rejecting George W. Bush's post-9/11 claim
      > that the only choice was "we either go to war, or we let 'em get away with
      > it." That was not the only choice for dealing with al Qaeda then, it is not
      > the only choice for dealing with ISIS now. War or nothing is never the only
      > choice. >> <http://www.iraqicivilsociety.org/archives/4464>
      >

      > To unsubscribe from this list send an email to:

      > Archive: http://openfsm.net/[…]/1439635080284
      > <http://openfsm.net/projects/iraq-social-forum/lists/iraq-social-forum-english/archive/2015/08/1439635080284>

      > Archive: http://openfsm.net/[…]/1440061778188
      > <http://openfsm.net/projects/iraq-social-forum/lists/iraq-social-forum-english/archive/2015/08/1440061778188>

      • Re: Announcing Iraqi Social Forum on Civil Peace and Coexistence in Baghdad, October 2015

        from Saleh Hachem on Aug 20, 2015 01:02 PM
        Salut Chère Martina
        J'espère que tu vas bien
        Merci pour votre é-mail
        Je vous demande est ce que c'est possible pour moi d'intervenir dans le
        thème de la justice transitionnelle et aux Droits de l'Homme
        au cours des transitions démocratiques en tant qu'expert formé par les ONG
        Internationales ( Haut Commissariat des Nations Unies, le PNUD et le Centre
        International de la Justice Transitionnelle ) dans le domaine de la
        réhabilitations des victimes de l'oppression et de la torture.
        Je vous informe que notre association ne peut pas me couvrir les charges du
        transport et de l'hébergem ent.
        Cordialement
        Saleh Hachem
        Membre du bureau directeur du Réseau Tunisien de la Justice Transitionnelle
        chargé de la formation et Vice Président de l'Observatoire International
        des Droits de l'Homme.

> [...]
        >> the only choice for dealing with ISIS now. War or nothing is never the only
        >> choice. >> <http://www.iraqicivilsociety.org/archives/4464>
        >>

        >> To unsubscribe from this list send an email to:
        >>

        >> --
        >> Archive: http://openfsm.net/[…]/1439635080284
        >> <http://openfsm.net/projects/iraq-social-forum/lists/iraq-social-forum-english/archive/2015/08/1439635080284>
        >>

        >> --
        >> Archive: http://openfsm.net/[…]/1440061778188
        >> <http://openfsm.net/projects/iraq-social-forum/lists/iraq-social-forum-english/archive/2015/08/1440061778188>

        > Archive: http://openfsm.net/[…]/1440066116463
        > <http://openfsm.net/projects/iraq-social-forum/lists/iraq-social-forum-english/archive/2015/08/1440066116463>

        • Re: Announcing Iraqi Social Forum on Civil Peace and Coexistence in Baghdad, October 2015

          from martinapm on Aug 20, 2015 02:30 PM
          Dear all,
          for private messages make sure you write only to
          <martina.pignatti@...> and not to the whole mailinglist list.
          I really hope that all those who want to come to Baghdad can manage
          somehow to fundraise for their trip. ICSSI has very limited resources to
          fund international flights to Iraq during the whole year and we try to
          use them for experts who contribute to the ICSSI and ISF campaigns.
          Warmly,
          Martina

          --
          logo UPP
          *Martina Pignatti Morano*

          *Un ponte per...*
          P.zza Vittorio Emanuele II 132 00185 Rome, Italy
          www.unponteper.it <http://www.unponteper.it/>
          *Il 5x1000 a Un ponte per... CF: 96232290583
          <http://www.unponteper.it/5x1000>*

          • R: Announcing Iraqi Social Forum on Civil Peace and Coexistence in Baghdad, October 2015

            from "Nicola" on Sep 03, 2015 08:56 AM
            Dear All,

            I confirm to have presented my VISA Request to Iraqi Embassy this morning: the attendant who was in the office gave me for sure that it will be ready next week!

            I wait news about race before buy flight, at the same time I propose SAV work shop during ISF at the end of the race.

            All the best

            Nicola

            Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2015 12:16:00 +0200
            From: martina.pignatti@...