• Nepal & WSF - info & discussion

  • Re: next meeting

    from uddhab on Apr 29, 2014 02:34 AM
    Dear Nepal WSF members
    Good to start communicating through a single mailing list of Nepal WSF.
    Thank goes to Mr. Pierra who helped to create it.
    Bhola sir, the concerns you have raised are very valid and practical. These
    concerns were raised by many like-minded funding partners and organising
    committee members in some of bilateral and multilateral meeting held in the
    last couple of weeks. There were two strong views expressed in the last
    Nepal WSF meeting which were:
    1. Let us postpone the date so that we have more time to prepare for a
    better forum
    2. Let us go with the already decided date.
    Since it will be the first Social Forum in Nepal, the participants of the
    meeting were very candid in bringing some of the international
    experts/activists who have worked/thought on alternatives (the alternative
    model of we practiced economy, politics etc.). I am in touch with some of
    the known figures, and exploring the possibility to have then during Nepal
    social forum. Since there are only 3 weeks available for us to prepare, we
    may not be able to welcome them due to their schedule and our budgetary
    limitations. But we have to discuss shortly and decide on all the subject
    matters.

    That is why, I request you all to share your own situation and experience
    on the matters raised by Bhola sir.

    I have prepared a tentative plan/schedule for May 23-25, and we have to
    prepare budget based on it. According to our earlier discussion, we re
    meeting today at 3.00 at IRICON office in Thapathali ! Pls confirm your
    participation.

    Regards
    Uddhab

    --
    Uddhab Pyakurel, PhD
    School of Arts, KATHMANDU UNIVERSITY, NEPAL.

    +977-9841566932 (Nepal)/+977-15535628
    Skype: uddhab.pyakurel1

    Thread Outline:
  • Re: next meeting

    from Shobha Gautam on Apr 30, 2014 01:53 PM
    Thank you for your information Uddabjee. I will not be in Nepal at that
    time. Wish you all the best.
    Shobha

    On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 8:08 AM, Uddhab Pyakurel <upyakurel@...>wrote:

> [...]
    >> P.O. Box 11292
    >> Kathmandu
    >> NEPAL
    >> Mobile (00977) 9849 46 84 66
    >>

    >> On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 11:09 AM, Kedar Khadka <kedar@...>wrote:
    >>
    >>> Dear All
    >>> Namaskar !
    >>>
    >>> Currently I'm in Pakistan and will not be possible for me to attend.
    >>>  However, I will try to send one of our senior colleague from GoGo
    >>> Foundation to participate in the important meeting.  And, whatever the
    >>> decision you all colleagues will take in the meeting, we are there to
    >>> support and continue our collaboration in future.
    >>>
    >>> Wish you all the best in advance for the fruitful meeting which will
    >>> shape agenda for future course of action.
    >>>
    >>> With warm regards.

    >>> Kedar Khadka
    >>> President
    >>> GoGo Foundation (Good Governance Foundation)

  • Re: next meeting

    from Prof Bishnu Pathak on Apr 29, 2014 05:29 AM
    Dear All;

    Thank you. I will attend.

    Peace
    Bishnu

    --

    Bishnu Pathak, PhD

    Board Member & Professor of Human Security Studies (
    http://www.transcend.org/tpu/#course_80)

    TRANSCEND Peace University, Germany

    Executive President (http://www.pcsc.org.np/whoweare.php)

    Peace and Conflict Studies Center (PCS Center), Kathmandu, Nepal

    Vice President (http://www.peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=574)

    Global Harmony Association, Moscow, Russia

    Chief Coordinator (
    https://secure.avaaz.org/en/petition/Global_Disarmament_Now_1/)

    Petition to the UN for Global Disarmament Now

    Senior Analyst (https://wiki.wikistrat.com/display/~professorbishnupathakphd
    )

    Wikistrat, Washington, USA and Sydney, Australia

    Advisory Board Member (http://journalinternaldisplacement.webs.com/about.htm
    )

    Journal of Internal Displacement, Canada

    Convener (http://www.transcend.org/#members)

    TRANSCEND International (for South Asia Region), Germany

    Panelist (http://www.janp.sfc.keio.ac.jp/JAHSS/ac2013/BOOKLET_FINAL.pdf)

    Japan Association for Human Security Studies, Tokyo, Japan

    Insight on Conflict (
    www.insightonconflict.org/conflicts/nepal/peacebuilding-organisations/pcsc/)

    Peace Direct, United Kingdom

    Council Member (www.ipb.org)

    International Peace Bureau (IPB), Geneva, Switzerland

    Research Committee Member-Security and International Relations (
    http://www.nonkilling.org/node/7)

    Center for Global Nonkilling, Honolulu, Hawai, United States of America

    Board of Advisors (http://existentialharmony.org/rp-advi.php)

    International Editor (www.csgr.syllabapress.com)

    Contemporary Sociological Global Review Journal, Argentina

    International Peace Youth Group (ipyg.org), South Korea

    Int’l Advisory Committee (
    http://worldwithoutanger.org/eiconference/conference_team.pdf)

    Existential Harmony Project and World Conference, IASE Deem University

    Gandhi Vidya Mandir, Rajasthan, India

    Board Member (http://www.niss.org.np/page/board/31)

    Nepal Institute for Strategic Studies, Kathmandu, Nepal

    P. O. Box 11374, Sukedhara
    Kathmandu
    Tel.: +977 1 4650696
    Mobile: +977 9841 345514

    Skype: dr.bishnu.pathak

    Twitter: @pathakbishnu1

    Facebook: pathakbishnu
    Email: pathakbishnu@...

    "Learn as if you will live forever; live as if you will die tomorrow"

                 - Mohan Das Karam Chandra Gandhi
    "Tell me how you behave in conflict. I will tell you how much peace culture
    you have."

                 - Johan Galtung, TRANSCEND

    • Re: next meeting

      from sadhana on Apr 29, 2014 06:37 AM
      Dear  Sir/Madam

      Thank you very much  for mail.I think first of all, we have to announce the
      registration of participate in the conference. After that we would know
      number of people who is going to take part in that conference.  It easy to
      decide the  venue also.

      I would be there  at 3 pm

      With regards
      sadhana pradhanang

      On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 10:57 AM, Prof Bishnu Pathak <pathakbishnu@...
      > wrote:

      > Dear All;
      >
      > Thank you. I will attend.
      >
      > Peace
      > Bishnu
      >

      > On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 8:08 AM, Uddhab Pyakurel <upyakurel@...>wrote:
      >
      >> Dear Nepal WSF members
      >> Good to start communicating through a single mailing list of Nepal WSF.
      >> Thank goes to Mr. Pierra who helped to create it.
      >> Bhola sir, the concerns you have raised are very valid and practical.
      >> These concerns were raised by many like-minded funding partners and
      >> organising committee members in some of bilateral and multilateral meeting
      >> held in the last couple of weeks. There were two strong views expressed in
      >> the last Nepal WSF meeting which were:
      >> 1. Let us postpone the date so that we have more time to prepare for a
      >> better forum
      >> 2. Let us go with the already decided date.
      >> Since it will be the first Social Forum in Nepal, the participants of the
      >> meeting were very candid in bringing some of the international
      >> experts/activists who have worked/thought on alternatives (the alternative
      >> model of we practiced economy, politics etc.). I am in touch with some of
      >> the known figures, and exploring the possibility to have then during Nepal
      >> social forum. Since there are only 3 weeks available for us to prepare, we
      >> may not be able to welcome them due to their schedule and our budgetary
      >> limitations. But we have to discuss shortly and decide on all the subject
      >> matters.
      >>
      >> That is why, I request you all to share your own situation and experience
      >> on the matters raised by Bhola sir.
      >>
      >> I have prepared a tentative plan/schedule for May 23-25, and we have to
      >> prepare budget based on it. According to our earlier discussion, we re
      >> meeting today at 3.00 at IRICON office in Thapathali ! Pls confirm your
      >> participation.
      >>

      >> Regards
      >> Uddhab
      >>

      >> On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 9:43 PM, Savitree Thapa Gurung <
      >> savitreegurung@...> wrote:
      >>
      >>> Dear All
      >>> Namaskar
      >>>
      >>> We had good time in today's meeting. Thanks to Mukti Rijal Ji and his
      >>> team. We decided to organize the first Nepal Social Forum as scheduled
      >>> which means May 23rd, 24th and 25th 2014.
      >>>
      >>> We have also decided to meet next Tuesday 16th of Baisakh 2071, 4 p.m.
      >>> opposite to Prasuti Griha.
      >>> We are looking forward to see as many participants as possible in our
      >>> next meeting.
      >>>
      >>> With best regards,
      >>> Savitree Thapa Gurung

      >>> *Dr. Savitree Thapa Gurung*
      >>>  Associate Professor
      >>> Department of Political Science
      >>> RRL Campus
      >>> Tribhuvan University
      >>> Kathmandu
      >>> NEPAL
      >>>

      >>> *Mailing Address*
      >>> 187 Chandan Marga
      >>> Ghattekulo-32
      >>> P.O. Box 11292
      >>> Kathmandu
      >>> NEPAL

      --
      Sadhana Pradhanang

      • Re: next meeting

        from Kapil Kafle on Apr 29, 2014 01:09 PM
        Dear Members,
        World Social Forum Nepal

        I would like to share with you decisions that we made in the meeting held
        in IHRICON's office today, Tuesday. Decisions are as follow:

        1. A seminar will be organizing on 23 May 2014 on the issues of social
        forum focusing to Nepalese context; where national and international
        personalities will be panelists. Few names of the national personalities
        are selected to request for their presentation and participation are as:
        a) Mr. DamanNath Dhungana
        b) Mr. Hira Bishwakarma
        c) Ms. Renu Rajbhandari
        d) Mr. Chaitanya Subba
        e) Mr. RamPaltan Shah

        Foreign speakers will be finalized as per their consents within a week. Dr.
        Uddhab Pyakurel is given the responsibility to finalize names of the
        prominent personalities from outside Nepal.

        2. Date of the Nepalese Social Forum has been postponed for Sep. 12-14, 2014

        3. Registration for the participation to the NSF has been formally opened
        from the date of today that will be remained till May last, 2014.
        Registration fee for the organization that wants to hold a program in
        Nepalese Social Forum is fixes as NRs. 1,000/- (one thousand rupees only).
        Detail procedure and the registration form can be seen in official website
        as *nepalsocialforum.org <http://nepalsocialforum.org>*

        4. Meeting appreciates Dr. Pyakurel for his update and progress note that
        has been achieved during last days including formation of website with the
        support of Mr. Manoj Sinnal, software engineer.

        Regards
        Kapil Kafle

        On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 12:13 PM, sadhana pradhanang <
        sadhana.pradhanang@...> wrote:

        > Dear  Sir/Madam
        >
        > Thank you very much  for mail.I think first of all, we have to announce
        > the registration of participate in the conference. After that we would know
        > number of people who is going to take part in that conference.  It easy to
        > decide the  venue also.
        >
        > I would be there  at 3 pm
        >
        > With regards
        > sadhana pradhanang
        >

        > On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 10:57 AM, Prof Bishnu Pathak <
        > pathakbishnu@...> wrote:
        >
        >> Dear All;
        >>
        >> Thank you. I will attend.
        >>
        >> Peace
        >> Bishnu
        >>

        >> On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 8:08 AM, Uddhab Pyakurel <upyakurel@...>wrote:
        >>
        >>> Dear Nepal WSF members
        >>> Good to start communicating through a single mailing list of Nepal WSF.
        >>> Thank goes to Mr. Pierra who helped to create it.
        >>> Bhola sir, the concerns you have raised are very valid and practical.
        >>> These concerns were raised by many like-minded funding partners and
        >>> organising committee members in some of bilateral and multilateral meeting
        >>> held in the last couple of weeks. There were two strong views expressed in
        >>> the last Nepal WSF meeting which were:
        >>> 1. Let us postpone the date so that we have more time to prepare for a
        >>> better forum
        >>> 2. Let us go with the already decided date.
        >>> Since it will be the first Social Forum in Nepal, the participants of
        >>> the meeting were very candid in bringing some of the international
        >>> experts/activists who have worked/thought on alternatives (the alternative
        >>> model of we practiced economy, politics etc.). I am in touch with some of
        >>> the known figures, and exploring the possibility to have then during Nepal
        >>> social forum. Since there are only 3 weeks available for us to prepare, we
        >>> may not be able to welcome them due to their schedule and our budgetary
        >>> limitations. But we have to discuss shortly and decide on all the subject
        >>> matters.
        >>>
        >>> That is why, I request you all to share your own situation and
        >>> experience on the matters raised by Bhola sir.
        >>>
        >>> I have prepared a tentative plan/schedule for May 23-25, and we have to
        >>> prepare budget based on it. According to our earlier discussion, we re
        >>> meeting today at 3.00 at IRICON office in Thapathali ! Pls confirm your
        >>> participation.
        >>>

        >>> Regards
        >>> Uddhab

  • Re: next meeting

    from Dinesh Tripathi on Apr 29, 2014 02:41 AM
    Dear All,
    I also feel that we need more time for preparation. Thank you

    Thank you
    Dinesh Tripathi

> [...]

    >> P.O. Box 11292
    >> Kathmandu
    >> NEPAL
    >> Mobile (00977) 9849 46 84 66
    >>

    >> On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 11:09 AM, Kedar Khadka <kedar@...>wrote:
    >>
    >>> Dear All
    >>> Namaskar !
    >>>
    >>> Currently I'm in Pakistan and will not be possible for me to attend.
    >>>  However, I will try to send one of our senior colleague from GoGo
    >>> Foundation to participate in the important meeting.  And, whatever the
    >>> decision you all colleagues will take in the meeting, we are there to
    >>> support and continue our collaboration in future.
    >>>
    >>> Wish you all the best in advance for the fruitful meeting which will
    >>> shape agenda for future course of action.
    >>>
    >>> With warm regards.

    >>> Kedar Khadka
    >>> President
    >>> GoGo Foundation (Good Governance Foundation)

  • Re: next meeting

    from Kapil Kafle on Apr 29, 2014 05:29 AM
    Dear Friends,

    First of all, I would like to  express my interest to welcome you all at 3
    PM @ IHRICON's hall, Thapathli today, 29th April with the hope of
    substantial decisions on the prominent issues focusing to Nepalese Social
    Forum.

    I appreciate the visions and the logic presented by Uddhab ji and Bhola ji
    that the time of three weeks is very little to organize the social forum
    even in national level. Though we had times of years to organize this
    event, but we couldn't be prepared for the event. It is a matter of fact
    with the bitter experience on it, we who were taken the responsibility
    regarding the preparation of NSF could not prove dedication as per the
    expectation. Until we fee the points of the improvement within ourselves
    again the extended time will be shorter. I believe, today's meeting is
    appropriate time to confess the fact and determine to go further with the
    proper speed.

    Plz call me in case of difficulties to get the venue of the meeting !

    In Friendship
    Kapil Kafle
    Executive Director
    IHRICON