• Nepal & WSF - info & discussion

  • Invitation on WSF extended program (gentle reminder)

    from World Social Forum Nepal on Mar 25, 2015 07:06 AM
    On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 9:51 AM, NAFAN Nepal <nafannepal8@...> wrote:

    > Dear All,
    > On behalf of, WSF extended program organizing committee, I would like to
    > invite you all in the program on "Forest, Forest Workers and WSF" in the
    > following date, time and venue to discuss and make some recommendation;
    >
    > Date; 26th March (12 gate Chaitra)
    > Time; 11 am
    > Venue; Nepal Foresters Association hall in Babarmahal.

    Nepal WSF Secretariat

    > On 19 March 2015 at 14:31, NAFAN Nepal <nafannepal8@...> wrote:
    >
    >> Dear All,
    >> On behalf of, WSF extended program organizing committee, I would like to
    >> invite you all in the program on "Forest, Forest Workers and WSF" in the
    >> following date, time and venue to discuss and make some recomendation;
    >>
    >> Date; 26th March (12 gate Chaitra)
    >> Time; 11 am
    >> Venue; Nepal Foresters Association hall in Babarmahal.
    >>

    >> --
    >> *Bhola Bhattarai*
    >> Chairperson
    >> National Forum for Advocacy Nepal (NAFAN)
    >> Nagarjun Galli Anamnagar, Kathmandu, Nepal.
    >> Telephone: 977-1-4102819
    >> Mobile: 00977-9851074770/9804237991
    >> Email; nafannepal8@..., nafannepal8@...
    >> Website: nafan.org.np
    >>
    >> National Coordinator
    >> Initiative for Equality - a Global Network of activists and academics
    >> working on issues related to social, economic and political equality;
    >>
    >> skype;  bhola-bhattarai
    >>

    > --
    > *Bhola Bhattarai*
    > Chairperson
    > National Forum for Advocacy Nepal (NAFAN)
    > Nagarjun Galli Anamnagar, Kathmandu, Nepal.
    > Telephone: 977-1-4102819
    > Mobile: 00977-9851074770/9804237991
    > Email; nafannepal8@..., nafannepal8@...
    > Website: nafan.org.np
    >
    > National Coordinator
    > Initiative for Equality - a Global Network of activists and academics
    > working on issues related to social, economic and political equality;
    >
    > skype;  bhola-bhattarai

    Thread Outline:
  • Re: Invitation on WSF extended program (gentle reminder)

    from naren khatiwada on Mar 26, 2015 04:35 PM
    Dear all,

    Namaskar,An interaction entitled"Youth and globalization" was jointly organized by Youth AdvocacyNepal(YAN), National Youth Federation Nepal(NYFN), National Federation of YouthNGO Nepal, ACTIVISTA Nepal, Sexual and Gender minorities Student's Forum andNAFAN on 25th March, 2015 at CPSJ Hall, Anamnagar. The program wasan extended program of world social forum 2015, Tunisia. There wasparticipation of 53 youths from diverse background. The resource person of theprogram was Dinesh Tripathi, Advocate and senior human rights activist andNawaraj Gautam, economist. The program was facilitated by Narendra Khatiwada,chairperson of Youth Advocacy Nepal.

    Speaking at the program, Mr.Tripathi stated that the globalization is not linked with internationalbrotherhood but linked with capital and money. Stating that the gold has becomeGod in the era of globalization, he asserted that this globalization is faultyglobalization because it is one way trafficking for money and power. He addedthat the direct impact of globalization is the budget cut off on socialexpenses because World Bank is against subsidy and unemployment allowance. It'ssimply because IMF, WB and ADB works in favor of transnational companies.Transnational companies are like dragon which has captured all resources of theworld. Globalization has break down whole cultural identity and local foodhabit. Thus, it seems to be colonization rather than globalization. Mr.Tripathi concluded his remarks by stating that there should be alternativeglobalization which focuses on people rather than capital and technology; andthere should be also equal opportunity and market access for third world. Statingthat widening, deepening and spreading of interconnection is globalization, Mr.Nawaraj Gautam focused on both positive and negative impact of globalization.He also highlighted on the three dimensions of globalization and presented thefact and statistic of globalization. He mentioned- according to latest data ofglobalization, Ireland is at the first rank where as Nepal is at 165thRank. In context of south Asia, Srilanka is at first rank where as Nepal atfifth rank. Highlighting on both negative and positive impacts ofglobalization, Mr. Gautam claimed that we couldn't analyze negative impacts andcouldn't transform positive things or parts of globalization. In order to faceglobalization, Mr. Gautam put forward some recommendations. First, thegovernment should focus on modern agriculture and rural infrastructure. Second,literacy rate should be 100% and the government should focus on human resourcecapacity development. Third, we should only accept selective principles ofglobalization in which we can control and mange. Speaking at the program, KabindraBurlakoti- President of NYFN stated that we should face and manageglobalization because there is no alternative to this. In order to face it, weshould increase our negotiation power and focus on maximum utilization andpromotion of local production. After thepresentation of the resource persons, the floor was opened for the opendiscussions. It was overwhelming to see an active participation of youths.

     Theprogram was enthusiastic and very interactive, which lasted for two hours.  The program was formally ended by NarendraKhatiwada, President of YAN, by proposing the vote of thanks to the resourcepersons and all participants.

    Please find the attached file for details.
    RegardsNaren KhatiwadaPresident  Youth Advocacy Nepal (YAN)Cell Number :9849006100

         On Wednesday, March 25, 2015 12:35 PM, World Social Forum Nepal <wsfnepal2013@...> wrote:

    On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 9:51 AM, NAFAN Nepal <nafannepal8@...> wrote:

    Dear All,
    On behalf of, WSF extended program organizing committee, I would like to invite you all in the program on "Forest, Forest Workers and WSF" in the following date, time and venue to discuss and make some recommendation;

    Date; 26th March (12 gate Chaitra)
    Time; 11 am
    Venue; Nepal Foresters Association hall in Babarmahal.

    Nepal WSF Secretariat

    On 19 March 2015 at 14:31, NAFAN Nepal <nafannepal8@...> wrote:

    Dear All,
    On behalf of, WSF extended program organizing committee, I would like to invite you all in the program on "Forest, Forest Workers and WSF" in the following date, time and venue to discuss and make some recomendation;

[...]

    Archive: http://openfsm.net/[…]/1427267206106

  • Re: Invitation on WSF extended program (gentle reminder)

    from Youth Mission Nepal on Mar 26, 2015 03:31 PM
    Dear sir/madam
    We Nepalese deegates hardly arrived Tunis city and registered here. And
    want to joing your program. But itis very difficult to find hotel. Most of
    people don't know the english. so. \if, possible, cooperate us
    Dil

    On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 7:41 AM, World Social Forum Nepal <
    wsfnepal2013@...> wrote:

    > On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 9:51 AM, NAFAN Nepal <nafannepal8@...>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Dear All,
    >> On behalf of, WSF extended program organizing committee, I would like to
    >> invite you all in the program on "Forest, Forest Workers and WSF" in the
    >> following date, time and venue to discuss and make some recommendation;
    >>
    >> Date; 26th March (12 gate Chaitra)
    >> Time; 11 am
    >> Venue; Nepal Foresters Association hall in Babarmahal.
    >>

    > Nepal WSF Secretariat
    >

    >> On 19 March 2015 at 14:31, NAFAN Nepal <nafannepal8@...> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Dear All,
    >>> On behalf of, WSF extended program organizing committee, I would like to
    >>> invite you all in the program on "Forest, Forest Workers and WSF" in the
    >>> following date, time and venue to discuss and make some recomendation;
    >>>
    >>> Date; 26th March (12 gate Chaitra)
    >>> Time; 11 am
    >>> Venue; Nepal Foresters Association hall in Babarmahal.
    >>>

    >>> --
    >>> *Bhola Bhattarai*
    >>> Chairperson
    >>> National Forum for Advocacy Nepal (NAFAN)
    >>> Nagarjun Galli Anamnagar, Kathmandu, Nepal.
    >>> Telephone: 977-1-4102819
    >>> Mobile: 00977-9851074770/9804237991
    >>> Email; nafannepal8@..., nafannepal8@...
    >>> Website: nafan.org.np
    >>>
    >>> National Coordinator
    >>> Initiative for Equality - a Global Network of activists and academics
    >>> working on issues related to social, economic and political equality;
    >>>
    >>> skype;  bhola-bhattarai
    >>>

    >> --
    >> *Bhola Bhattarai*
    >> Chairperson
    >> National Forum for Advocacy Nepal (NAFAN)
    >> Nagarjun Galli Anamnagar, Kathmandu, Nepal.
    >> Telephone: 977-1-4102819
    >> Mobile: 00977-9851074770/9804237991
    >> Email; nafannepal8@..., nafannepal8@...
    >> Website: nafan.org.np
    >>
    >> National Coordinator
    >> Initiative for Equality - a Global Network of activists and academics
    >> working on issues related to social, economic and political equality;
    >>
    >> skype;  bhola-bhattarai
    >>

    > --
    > Archive: http://openfsm.net/[…]/1427267196746
    > <http://openfsm.net/projects/nepal-and-wsf/lists/nepal-and-wsf-discussion/archive/2015/03/1427267196746>

    • Re: Invitation on WSF extended program (gentle reminder)

      from indrajnu on Mar 26, 2015 03:52 PM
      Dear Dil ji,
      Good to know that you have arrived here in Tunis. Could you please let me know where are you, and how can I cooperate you?
      My local contact no. is 54575637.

      Our SADED programme over yesterday. We had a discussion on Challenges of Democratic Transformation in Nepal. There are several programmes related to youth. You can find these in programme book.
      Regards,
      Indra

      Sent from my iPhone

      > On Mar 26, 2015, at 20:59, Youth Mission Nepal <youthfn@...> wrote:
      >
      > Dear sir/madam
      > We Nepalese deegates hardly arrived Tunis city and registered here. And want to joing your program. But itis very difficult to find hotel. Most of people don't know the english. so. \if, possible, cooperate us
      > Dil
      >
      >> On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 7:41 AM, World Social Forum Nepal <wsfnepal2013@...> wrote:
      >>

      >>> On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 9:51 AM, NAFAN Nepal <nafannepal8@...> wrote:
      >>> Dear All,
      >>> On behalf of, WSF extended program organizing committee, I would like to invite you all in the program on "Forest, Forest Workers and WSF" in the following date, time and venue to discuss and make some recommendation;
      >>>
      >>> Date; 26th March (12 gate Chaitra)
      >>> Time; 11 am
      >>> Venue; Nepal Foresters Association hall in Babarmahal.
      >>

      >> Nepal WSF Secretariat

      >>> --
      >>> Bhola Bhattarai
      >>> Chairperson
      >>> National Forum for Advocacy Nepal (NAFAN)
      >>> Nagarjun Galli Anamnagar, Kathmandu, Nepal.
      >>> Telephone: 977-1-4102819
      >>> Mobile: 00977-9851074770/9804237991
      >>> Email; nafannepal8@..., nafannepal8@...
      >>> Website: nafan.org.np
      >>>
      >>> National Coordinator
      >>> Initiative for Equality - a Global Network of activists and academics working on issues related to social, economic and political equality;
      >>>
      >>> skype;  bhola-bhattarai
      >>

      >> --
      >> Archive: http://openfsm.net/[…]/1427267196746

      • Re: Invitation on WSF extended program (gentle reminder)

        from indrajnu on Mar 26, 2015 04:57 PM
        Dear Dil ji,
        I would like invite you in an informal evening gathering hosted by Siemenpuu Foundation and South Asian Dialogues on Ecological Democracy (SADED) on Thursday, 26th  March at the restaurant of Saint Georges Hotel (16 rue de Cologne, Tunis 1000, in the corner of Rue de l’Inde). Buffet dinner will be served from 18:30.
        Regards,
        Indra

        Sent from my iPhone

        > On Mar 26, 2015, at 21:19, Indra Adhikari <indrajnu@...> wrote:
        >
        > Dear Dil ji,
        > Good to know that you have arrived here in Tunis. Could you please let me know where are you, and how can I cooperate you?
        > My local contact no. is 54575637.
        >
        > Our SADED programme over yesterday. We had a discussion on Challenges of Democratic Transformation in Nepal. There are several programmes related to youth. You can find these in programme book.
        > Regards,
        > Indra
        >
        > Sent from my iPhone
        >
        >> On Mar 26, 2015, at 20:59, Youth Mission Nepal <youthfn@...> wrote:
        >>
        >> Dear sir/madam
        >> We Nepalese deegates hardly arrived Tunis city and registered here. And want to joing your program. But itis very difficult to find hotel. Most of people don't know the english. so. \if, possible, cooperate us
        >> Dil

        >>> Nepal WSF Secretariat

        >>> --
        >>> Archive: http://openfsm.net/[…]/1427267196746

  • Re: Invitation on WSF extended program (gentle reminder)

    from "Ishwori B.k" on Mar 25, 2015 01:58 PM
    Thank you for invite and I will participate there.

     Ishwori Pd. BK