• Occupy & WSF discussion

  • about goal processing in OWS

    from pierre on Feb 21, 2012 12:33 AM
    Hello Alan

    i have proposed  a "group scope" page and a "problematics" pages first
    input will come soon

    now  commenting on your concern about goals, and instinctively agreeing to
    what jasper said about diversity of goals in current stage of mushrooming
    OWS i see at least two ways to look at this question of "goal sinthesis" -
    in my opinion contributing to a goal sinthesis in OWS is not in the scope
    of the  group, but thinking how WSF could help on that is within the scope
    of the group

    seen from  inside OWS  process
    if we consider that each occupy group is autonomous, it may have some
    specific goals,
    there is no easy protocol to define global goals  between several OWS
    groups , other than dialogue  and support- also  some  people in OWS
    movement such as Alan are  probably trying  willing to make  OWS groups
    meet and elaborate common goals

    seen from wsf process :
    OWS groups are entities ( assembly based)  with  a decision making process
    and maybe they could participate "as a collective entity" inside a social
    forum process* if there is one relevant social forum  event within reach of
    the group*
    WSF process can provide events where OWS can congregate and dialogue
    between themselves and or   along with other collective entities  and  may
    be get to some agree common goals between a good number of OWS groups

    "OWS forum " so some  OWS organizers could use the techniques of social
    forum at its own pace  to make many OWS group meet and develop coalition (
    not looking for a unique consensus  -issue of relationships between OWS
    groups and  CSOrganisations remains to be adressed somehow

    OWS inside WSF  organizers might also cotnact WSF event organisers and
    propose them to stimulate OWS  partiicpation inside a wsf event (there is
    one in 2013 - OWS groups could make OWS encounter face to face and on
    internet  before/during  the  WSF forum event  and also have many
    activities in contact with CSO - trying to qialify what to expect from such
    a dialogue

    the two options could be developped simultaneously, one  as a mid term
    option on occasion of wsf13

    this is just a thought

    best
    Pierre