• Sfex Intercom 2013 Discussion

  • Preparation for videostream + chat room participation to ESF2010 in Istanbul

    from cwilliams@... on Jul 02, 2010 08:04 AM

    	Hello all

    	 Current video feeds relating to ESF2010 include Wsftv.net, that has
    six feeds totaling 30 minutes, including

    	1. importance of ESF2010

    	2. march for women (2)

    	3. demonstration in front of Istanbul courthouse

    	4. Istanbul-Germany debate about racism

    	5. Mesopotamian Social Forum 2010

    	6. ESF2010 Opening Day summation – prospects for Day 2 (5 mins, 30
    seconds)

    	A freelance journalist has a 10-minute video of the Kurdish township
    of Hasankeyf

    	h t t p ( colon) // blip.tv/file/3737430

    	chris

     On Fri 02/07/10 5:02 PM , Social forum extended initaitive
    pierregrg@... sent:
       Hello
     the program of ESF is available here  http://esfistanbul.org/ [1]
    Chris will be giving news about the video streaming + chat
    participation initaitive  contact his skype for being included :
    chris-wlms   Pierre

     2010/7/1 Social Forum Extended
     hello,

     People willing to share some moments chatting while watching some
    video live stream from some activities in Istanbul are welcome to
    contact Chris [2] ( who is presently in Australia) (chris-wlms on
    skype ) and they will be shown into a chat room, and given more
    information

     If other people in our sfex and club- belem expanded list have first
    hand information about video channels from istanbul, ( some may be on
    www.wsftv.net [3], some on ustream.tv [4] livestream etc..) and above
    all have chat contact (*) with people attending activities in istanbul
    , please share them on these lists !

     we are learning together ....

     (*)Chat is the simple way to transform a "TV like "streaming into a
    "Participatory" streaming ....

     Pierre

     see last sfex initiative information here : EN ES
     http://openfsm.net/projects/sfexintercom/sfexreport-april10 [5].
     see phots of mexico expanded video meeting room and forum here
     http://openfsm.net/projects/fsmmexx/project-home [6]

     Subject: European Social Forum 2010 Workshop #79: Online discussion
    opportunity
     pierre

     One of the main ESF2010 workshops is being offered for a structured
    real-time
     discussion tomorrow. The Istanbul organisation has confirmed details
    today

     It is listed in the Programme as Workshop #79.
     2010: European year for combating poverty and social exclusion, UN
    year of
     biodiversity

     Timing is changed slightly: 9:30-12:30am (Istanbul time), 2nd July

     The sf-ex process that was discussed today can be used. In the
    meantime, we
     will try to learn of the live video-streaming link, to focus the
    Expanded
     discussion.

     Skype connections are available chris-wlms
     Facebook and twitter too, details to follow.
     OpenFSM will be asian-discussion-forum

     chris

     --
     Archive: http://openfsm.net/[…]/1278056538572 [7]
    [9] for questions.

    Links:
    ------
    [1] http://esfistanbul.org/
    [2] http://openfsm.net/people/chris/profile
    [3] http://www.wsftv.net/
    [4] http://ustream.tv/
    [5] http://openfsm.net/projects/sfexintercom/sfexreport-april10
    [6] http://openfsm.net/projects/fsmmexx/project-home
    [7]
    http://openfsm.net/projects/asian-discussion-forum/lists/asian-discussion-forum-discussion/archive/2010/07/1278056538572
    [8] mailto:asian-discussion-forum-discussion@...
    [9] mailto:asian-discussion-forum-discussion-manager@...

    Thread Outline:
  • Preparation for videostream + chat room participation to ESF2010 in Istanbul

    from pierre on Jul 02, 2010 12:22 PM
    If anyone has info about a live video channel on a ESF activity, thanks for
    sharing it on this list .....