• wef palestine expanded in anglophonia

Progress in WEF expanded australia :-)

from Pierre George on Sep 30, 2010 10:43 AM
Hello Chris and Sarah and all

Thanks Chris for sharing yyour progress  in the
wefpalestine-expanded-in-anglophonia list
This is indeed  the scope of this  list  :  mutual information and support
for good preparation of your expanded activities and distance
intercommunication

Now quoting you

*1 - We have on-ground connections who have responded supportively to our
'Decentralised education' extended workshop proposal.  Besides Ramallah, we
are working for North/South Palestine sites too.*

Chris Great to see that you are progressing concretely ..! for your
activity  which is a "distance encounter" scheduled 29th
<http://openfsm.net/projects/wef-in-palestine-process/expanded-activities-time-table-in-palestine>
Decentralised education: opportunities and experiences from Palestine and
Asia <http://wef-palestine.org/node/505>  Self organized expanded
activity  POAD9998
9999 <http://wef-palestine.org/user/259>

*Are the contacts that you have in palestine involved in WEF
?<http://openfsm.net/projects/wef-in-palestine-process/list-of-wef-site-users>
*
if no  they can register their organizations or personnally in
wef-palestine.org site  - please forward them ( it can be a private mail to
me,  since all we exchange in the list is kept accessible in internet
here<http://openfsm.net/projects/wef-in-palestine-process/lists/wefpalestine-expanded-in-anglophonia/archive>
remember

*Normally  workshops  held on 29th are in Ramallah*
so if you make a distance encounter through skype  it would be
preferentially with a room in ramallah ( that wef epxanded team will have to
grant you  on  29th
<http://openfsm.net/projects/wef-in-palestine-process/expanded-activities-time-table-in-palestine>
of course if you open also your activity to distance participation  through
ustream + another skype  people from other areas of palestine can
participate
please advise ... and it is adivable to start scheduling a training session
with your counterparts

*2 -We are seeking to join the 'Education Advocacy' extended workshop, with
participants from Bangladesh, Indonesia and elsewhere.*

Regarding your distance participation to 'Education Advocacy'
i understand  you are talking about
Education Advocacy: Sharing Strategies and Tactics for Resource Mobilization
and Policy Change <http://wef-palestine.org/node/467>  Self organized
workshop and activity  RESULTS Educational
Fund<http://wef-palestine.org/user/225>
*Please note  that this workshop is not  (yet?)  an extended workshop *open
to distance participation
Indeed the workshop description says
Speakers: Sarah Beardmore
  *Do you wish your activity to be transmitted as live streaming with a chat
room on the WEF website: *
 * No *
 that means that  Sarah has not considered opening  her workshop to distance
participation
(see here in paragraph 3 what is distance participation )
<http://openfsm.net/projects/wef-in-palestine-process/indication-about-expanded-activities>
 it requires a room with internet and two person /computers
 one webcamera person on ustream or livestream  ( there can be noone  if the
computer is left in a same place shooting
 one connectant person that will have a skype  text or audio  session with
people all over the world  and will speak in the workshop in their name

Opening the workshop  would be a decision from  Sarah
it happens that Sarah is also in this list
<http://openfsm.net/projects/wef-in-palestine-process/lists/wefpalestine-expanded-in-anglophonia/membership>!
Hello Sarah
So chris you can make contact with Sarah  directly on this list or  through
the "contact" button  clicking on the RESULTS Educational
Fund<http://wef-palestine.org/user/225>
after logging on the wef site (otherwise you will see " access denied"

Best Pierre

Return to date view: threaded or flat