• wef palestine expanded in anglophonia

  • Progress in WEF expanded australia :-)

    from pierre on Sep 30, 2010 10:43 AM
    Hello Chris and Sarah and all

    Thanks Chris for sharing yyour progress  in the
    wefpalestine-expanded-in-anglophonia list
    This is indeed  the scope of this  list  :  mutual information and support
    for good preparation of your expanded activities and distance
    intercommunication

    Now quoting you

    *1 - We have on-ground connections who have responded supportively to our
    'Decentralised education' extended workshop proposal.  Besides Ramallah, we
    are working for North/South Palestine sites too.*

    Chris Great to see that you are progressing concretely ..! for your
    activity  which is a "distance encounter" scheduled 29th
    <http://openfsm.net/projects/wef-in-palestine-process/expanded-activities-time-table-in-palestine>
    Decentralised education: opportunities and experiences from Palestine and
    Asia <http://wef-palestine.org/node/505>  Self organized expanded
    activity  POAD9998
    9999 <http://wef-palestine.org/user/259>

    *Are the contacts that you have in palestine involved in WEF
    ?<http://openfsm.net/projects/wef-in-palestine-process/list-of-wef-site-users>
    *
    if no  they can register their organizations or personnally in
    wef-palestine.org site  - please forward them ( it can be a private mail to
    me,  since all we exchange in the list is kept accessible in internet
    here<http://openfsm.net/projects/wef-in-palestine-process/lists/wefpalestine-expanded-in-anglophonia/archive>
    remember

    *Normally  workshops  held on 29th are in Ramallah*
    so if you make a distance encounter through skype  it would be
    preferentially with a room in ramallah ( that wef epxanded team will have to
    grant you  on  29th
    <http://openfsm.net/projects/wef-in-palestine-process/expanded-activities-time-table-in-palestine>
    of course if you open also your activity to distance participation  through
    ustream + another skype  people from other areas of palestine can
    participate
    please advise ... and it is adivable to start scheduling a training session
    with your counterparts

    *2 -We are seeking to join the 'Education Advocacy' extended workshop, with
    participants from Bangladesh, Indonesia and elsewhere.*

    Regarding your distance participation to 'Education Advocacy'
    i understand  you are talking about
    Education Advocacy: Sharing Strategies and Tactics for Resource Mobilization
    and Policy Change <http://wef-palestine.org/node/467>  Self organized
    workshop and activity  RESULTS Educational
    Fund<http://wef-palestine.org/user/225>
    *Please note  that this workshop is not  (yet?)  an extended workshop *open
    to distance participation
    Indeed the workshop description says
    Speakers: Sarah Beardmore
      *Do you wish your activity to be transmitted as live streaming with a chat
    room on the WEF website: *
     * No *
     that means that  Sarah has not considered opening  her workshop to distance
    participation
    (see here in paragraph 3 what is distance participation )
    <http://openfsm.net/projects/wef-in-palestine-process/indication-about-expanded-activities>
     it requires a room with internet and two person /computers
     one webcamera person on ustream or livestream  ( there can be noone  if the
    computer is left in a same place shooting
     one connectant person that will have a skype  text or audio  session with
    people all over the world  and will speak in the workshop in their name

    Opening the workshop  would be a decision from  Sarah
    it happens that Sarah is also in this list
    <http://openfsm.net/projects/wef-in-palestine-process/lists/wefpalestine-expanded-in-anglophonia/membership>!
    Hello Sarah
    So chris you can make contact with Sarah  directly on this list or  through
    the "contact" button  clicking on the RESULTS Educational
    Fund<http://wef-palestine.org/user/225>
    after logging on the wef site (otherwise you will see " access denied"

    Best Pierre