• wef palestine expanded in anglophonia

  • Converging on schedule of Anglophonia activities before October 10th

    from pierre on Oct 04, 2010 12:58 PM
    Hello Ana  Chris  Dan  Fabio  Hilal  Luciano  Suha  Yoshihide  and people of
    Scotland

    First
    the most urgent task for everyone in this list,  who intends to have
    distance intercommunication with groups in palestine, is to find partners
    ... you can get an overview of organizations description in wef here  and
    indication on how to make contact through wef site -
    http://openfsm.net/projects/wef-in-palestine-process/list-of-wef-site-users

    In parallel  wef expanded team will seek to publicize and circulate  your
    proposals among participating palestinian organizations

    Second
    we are  coming back to you with  a concrete task entrusted by WEF OC -
    finalize the schedule for expanded activities by october 10th,

    A working document for doing this is here  - it is not looking like the
    final document that will be in the printed program distributed to WEF
    participants
    http://openfsm.net/projects/wef-in-palestine-process/expanded-activities-time-table-in-palestine

    Now  from the information i have received There are some  constraints that
    are given by wef organizers, i express them as they have been expressed to
    me, and which we need to take into account.  Maybe some of them can evolve.

       - They would much prefer expanded activities seen form palestine to take
       place during the self organized activity time slots  ( SOA slots ) and They
       would NOT provide rooms outside those slots ... we will see whether some
       advocacy can be made for difficult cases
       - They would NOT not put in place  in those rooms collective
       intercommunication equipment  such as loudspeakers, microphone wth long
       cable , vifdo projector , or computers cared about by volunteers, so
       whenever you have an identifier partner,  you would  have to make  technical
       preparation  - volunteers technically supporting the interconnection  would
       be alloted for cases where there is not an identified partner /delegate  in
       palestine  in the room provided during SOA slots

    Having said  this,  and with still over three weeks to wef  to establish
    contacts ,  let us review the tentative schedule  program  regarding
    actiities promoted by people in this anglophonia list  -
    A message  will be also sent personnally through wef site  for those of you
    who have not posted yet on this list

    *Thanks for your indications or answers on the points below regarding your
    actiities and any other inputs *
    Best
    Pierre

    On the 28th

    (not a day with SOA slots )
    Brazil  luciano is simultaneous to opening march at 16 which is not very
    appropriate
    Brazil does need a room and has no delegate  in ramallah  so can brazil move
    to tw hours  later in the day,  or better  the next day ?

    What about plans of  Scottish campaign on that day ?

    On 29th

    Gaza in afternoon   Brasil Campinas  - need a room in universities ?
    Fabio will be there or has a counter part? would not it be Better to  move
    this  to 30th which is the day of workshops in gaza
    Fabio can you clarify?

    Does scottish campaing requires a room in relation to teach ins in scotland
    on that day

    Porto 1 is out of  SOA slot  - balance  possibility to move it earlier in
    the day,  if not possible to have rooms after 18pm

    on 30th

    *in  Gaza*
    Osaka ( and Brasil campinas ? )  workshop in gaza in the morning OK with
    university venue ? we need to find contact  to get a room in gaza
    universities

    *in west bank "in SOA slot"*
    Do you have a preference about where will your  activity be held In the west
    bank locations Jenin, Tulkarem, Naplouse, Bethlehem and Hébron

       - Osaka with west bank
       - Bangladesh if it needs a room
       - Porto 2 and 3
       - Jordan

    *west bank "Out of SOA slots" *
    Brazil Dan  is  earlier than SOA slots   so move laer  or have one more room
    ? and  where ?

    Thread Outline:
  • Re: Converging on schedule of Anglophonia activities before October 10th

    from FME_GAP on Oct 06, 2010 11:57 PM
    Good night from Porto Portugal to all

    As you suggested Pierre, we have been doing some research on the organizations
    where we might fit in and are sending them a message: «Looking for partners»
    with our 3 proposals and possible days/time:

    29th of October with Creating Words(1) at 16:00 (Palestinian time)

    30th  at 12:00 (Palestinian time) with Multimedia presentation about online
    games to approach the Palestinian cause (2)
            at 16:00 (Palestinian time) with Construction of knowledge through
    Art?

    We changed the hour for (1) and (2) in order to be able to fit in the schedule
    of SOA.

    Hoping to hear from you soon
    Ana

    On Oct 04, 2010 12:58 PM, Pierre George wrote:
> [...]

    > on that day
    >
    > Porto 1 is out of  SOA slot  - balance  possibility to move it earlier in
    > the day,  if not possible to have rooms after 18pm
    >

    > on 30th
    >
    > *in  Gaza*
    > Osaka ( and Brasil campinas ? )  workshop in gaza in the morning OK with
    > university venue ? we need to find contact  to get a room in gaza
    > universities
    >
    > *in west bank "in SOA slot"*
    > Do you have a preference about where will your  activity be held In the west
    > bank locations Jenin, Tulkarem, Naplouse, Bethlehem and Hébron
    >
    >    - Osaka with west bank
    >    - Bangladesh if it needs a room
    >    - Porto 2 and 3
    >    - Jordan
    >
    > *west bank "Out of SOA slots" *
    > Brazil Dan  is  earlier than SOA slots   so move laer  or have one more room

  • Res: Converging on schedule of Anglophonia activities before October 10th

    from Luciano_Frontelle on Oct 04, 2010 10:01 PM
    Hello Pierre,

    Our activity it's planed to happen in Oct 30!!

    ________________________________
    At. Luciano Frontelle
    VP Conselho Municipal do Jovem
    Sorocaba - SP

    ________________________________
    De: Pierre George <pierregrg@...>
    Para: wefpalestine-expanded-in-anglophonia@...
    Enviadas: Segunda-feira, 4 de Outubro de 2010 9:53:03
    Assunto: [wef palestine expanded in anglophonia] Converging on schedule of

    --
    Archive: http://openfsm.net/[…]/1286197095514

    • Converging on schedule of Anglophonia activities before October 10th

      from pierre on Oct 04, 2010 11:07 PM
      So october 30th 15h30 hours palestine ?

      2010/10/4 Luciano Frontelle <luciano.frontelle@...>

      > Hello Pierre,
      >
      > Our activity it's planed to happen in Oct 30!!

      ok luciano   corrected in the time table
      http://openfsm.net/projects/wef-in-palestine-process/expanded-activities-time-table-in-palestine

      now you need to boost your contact search in palestine
      http://openfsm.net/projects/wef-in-palestine-process/list-of-wef-site-users

      And you need to choose which west bank  city you want to be in  ( that may
      way a while )

      May be you describe more your activity ,
      Collaborating organizations:
       Conselho Municipal do Jovem - Sorocaba
       Centro Acadêmico "Práxis" do curso de Administração Faculdade Pitágoras
       Centro Acadêmico de Jornalismo UNISO
        Short description of the activity:
       After a series of debates between students of universities of Brazil, we
      intend to exchange knowlodge about positive actions in higher education and,
      in that way, reproduce them at Brazil.

      What Higher Education We Want? <http://wef-palestine.org/node/503>
> [...]

      >    - Osaka with west bank
      >    - Bangladesh if it needs a room
      >    - Porto 2 and 3
      >    - Jordan
      >
      > *west bank "Out of SOA slots" *
      > Brazil Dan  is  earlier than SOA slots   so move laer  or have one more
      > room ? and  where ?
      >

      > --
      > Archive: http://openfsm.net/[…]/1286197095514<http://openfsm.net/projects/wef-in-palestine-process/lists/wefpalestine-expanded-in-anglophonia/archive/2010/10/1286197095514>
      > questions.
      >

      > --
      > Archive: http://openfsm.net/[…]/1286229674655<http://openfsm.net/projects/wef-in-palestine-process/lists/wefpalestine-expanded-in-anglophonia/archive/2010/10/1286229674655>
      > questions.

  • Re: Converging on schedule of Anglophonia activities before October 10th

    from mezna qato on Oct 04, 2010 11:18 PM
    Dear all,

    The US Palestinian Community Network (popular.palestineconference.org) will
    be holding its conference from Oct 29-31 in Chicago.
    As part of the conference, we will be organizing a WEF event that will bring
    Palestinians in the diaspora in the US together to discuss ways forward in
    supporting education ON Palestine amongst Palestinians in the diaspora, as
    well as supporting education for Palestinians IN Palestine.
    The WEF event will be on October 30, 2010.

    Please add this event to the calendar, thank you!
    Mezna

    On 4 October 2010 07:53, Pierre George <pierregrg@...> wrote:

> [...]
    > universities
    >
    > *in west bank "in SOA slot"*
    > Do you have a preference about where will your  activity be held In the
    > west bank locations Jenin, Tulkarem, Naplouse, Bethlehem and Hébron
    >
    >    - Osaka with west bank
    >    - Bangladesh if it needs a room
    >    - Porto 2 and 3
    >    - Jordan
    >
    > *west bank "Out of SOA slots" *
    > Brazil Dan  is  earlier than SOA slots   so move laer  or have one more
    > room ? and  where ?
    >

    > --
    > Archive: http://openfsm.net/[…]/1286197095514<http://openfsm.net/projects/wef-in-palestine-process/lists/wefpalestine-expanded-in-anglophonia/archive/2010/10/1286197095514>
    > questions.

  • Re: Converging on schedule of Anglophonia activities before October 10th

    from chris on Oct 07, 2010 09:32 PM
    Hello Pierre and all

    We meet later today to allocate tasks for the 10 October deadline.

    Adelaide is organising Extended Workshop #505 on 29th October, and we will
    check that our Palestine contacts can work with the new schedule.

    Also an ambitious schedule to participate in Extended events  #397, #413, #478
    and #500.  We will contact all organisers of these activities to learn of
    interconnection arrangements.

    We have also made some contacts with organisers of other activities (not yet
    Extended), and will be following these up in the next week.

    1.  Education Advocacy: Sharing strategies and tactics for resource
    mobilization and policy change.  Good response from RESULTS Educational Fund,
    and we will continue discussions.

    2.  Gender based violence workshop.  There is great interest in this activity
    from Adelaide, and we will contact Sawa to learn what is possible.

    3.  Right to water and sanitation under occupation.  We have emailed Ewash,
    but no response yet.  An Extended connection to either Haifa/ Palestine 48 may
    not be possible, but we will keep trying.

    4.  Co-operation in education and fragile settings - sharing recent
    experiences in Afghanistan, Colombia and Southern Sudan.  There is genuine
    interest in this activity in Adelaide, and we will contact IODC in
    Netherlands, to learn what is possible.

    To Pierre, can you suggest a Skype time soon to finalise arrangements for
    Extended Workshop #505?

    in solidarity
    chris