• wef palestine expanded in anglophonia

  • From Adelaide / comete

    from facilitfsm on Oct 07, 2010 11:23 PM
    Hello Chris

    2010/10/7 chris williams <will0447@...>

    > Hello Pierre and all
    >
    > We meet later today to allocate tasks for the 10 October deadline.
    >
    > Adelaide is organising Extended Workshop #505 on 29th October, and we will
    > check that our Palestine contacts can work with the new schedule.
    >
    > >> so we understand that  it will be a distance encounter with skype a 12pm
    > palestine  - 8h30pm adelaide  ?  - we are trying to care about logistics in
    > Ramallah ( video projector, loudspeaker,  , if this cannot be done, your
    > contacts will have to help ....
    >
    > Also an ambitious schedule to participate in Extended events  #397 peace
    > building scotland, #413,gender equity mexico  #478  japan  and #500
    > Bangladesh .  We will contact all organisers of these activities to learn
    > ofinterconnection arrangements.
    >
    >> well , as far as i know Chris, those activities  are meant as distance
    encounters with palestine in a two point relationship thoruhg a simple skype
    video link ,
    so they are not accessible to you, unless they stream the distance encounter
    and give you a way to participate  through a feedback chat , in them in
    know that 413 mexico is going to stream,

    > We have also made some contacts with organisers of other activities (not
    > yet
    > Extended), and will be following these up in the next week.
    >

    >> please send me the exact email adress of people that are answering  the
    "contact" button in the wef site !! so we can bring them  in the common
    space

    >>  if these activity organisers are interested to get in contact with you ,
    it can be made either during their actiity and in this case it will
    impact the  proceeding of the activity ( for, depending the time , or  made
    apart from the actvity , at another moment and this arrangement  need
    another time slot

    > 1.  Education Advocacy: Sharing strategies and tactics for resource
    > mobilization and policy change.  Good response from RESULTS Educational
    > Fund,
    > and we will continue discussions.
    >
    > 2.  Gender based violence workshop.  There is great interest in this
    > activity
    > from Adelaide, and we will contact Sawa to learn what is possible.
    >
    > 3.  Right to water and sanitation under occupation.  We have emailed Ewash,
    > but no response yet.  An Extended connection to either Haifa/ Palestine 48
    > may
    > not be possible, but we will keep trying.
    >
    > 4.  Co-operation in education and fragile settings - sharing recent
    > experiences in Afghanistan, Colombia and Southern Sudan.  There is genuine
    > interest in this activity in Adelaide, and we will contact IODC in
    > Netherlands, to learn what is possible.
    >
    > To Pierre, can you suggest a Skype time soon to finalise arrangements for
    > Extended Workshop #505?
    >

    >> i am accessible by skype in the evenings of paris   -ie in the morning of
    (up to 9am adelaide)
    For the moment i wish to stress that  the main uncertainty is the absence of
    a concrete wefexpanded team in Ramallah,  that would be taking good care of
    the equipment of rooms
    Working on this issue , but with little visibility still  ,

    > :-) Pierre
    >
    > --
    > Archive:
    > http://openfsm.net/projects/wef-in-palestine-process/lists/wefpalestine-expanded-in-anglophonia/archive/2010/10/1286487139394
    > questions.

    Thread Outline:
  • Re: From Adelaide

    from chris on Oct 22, 2010 07:27 PM
    Hello all

    We have updated Activity #505 details on the WEF-P website, and are now
    investigating ustream.tv or Mallory's options.

    Is anyone in contact with Focus on the Global South (Meena or Aditi)?  We
    would like to link up, if they can get the visas

    chris

    On Oct 07, 2010 11:23 PM, WEF Exp Team Pierre wrote:
> [...]
    > > Ewash, but no response yet.  An Extended connection to either Haifa/
    > > Palestine 48 may not be possible, but we will keep trying.
    > >
    > > 4.  Co-operation in education and fragile settings - sharing recent
    > > experiences in Afghanistan, Colombia and Southern Sudan.  There is genuine
    > > interest in this activity in Adelaide, and we will contact IODC in
    > > Netherlands, to learn what is possible.
    > >
    > > To Pierre, can you suggest a Skype time soon to finalise arrangements for
    > > Extended Workshop #505?
    > >
    > >> i am accessible by skype in the evenings of paris   -ie in the morning of
    > (up to 9am adelaide)
    > For the moment i wish to stress that  the main uncertainty is the absence of
    > a concrete wefexpanded team in Ramallah,  that would be taking good care of
    > the equipment of rooms
    > Working on this issue , but with little visibility still  ,

    • Re: Re: From Adelaide

      from Eleni Karasavvidou on Oct 24, 2010 05:04 AM

> [...]

      > > > Palestine 48 may not be possible, but we will keep trying.
      > > >
      > > > 4.  Co-operation in education and fragile settings - sharing recent
      > > > experiences in Afghanistan, Colombia and Southern Sudan.  There is
      > genuine
      > > > interest in this activity in Adelaide, and we will contact IODC in
      > > > Netherlands, to learn what is possible.
      > > >
      > > > To Pierre, can you suggest a Skype time soon to finalise arrangements
      > for
      > > > Extended Workshop #505?

      > of
      > > (up to 9am adelaide)
      > > For the moment i wish to stress that  the main uncertainty is the absence
      > of
      > > a concrete wefexpanded team in Ramallah,  that would be taking good care
      > of
      > > the equipment of rooms
      > > Working on this issue , but with little visibility still  ,

  • Re: From Adelaide / comete

    from Sarah Beardmore on Oct 08, 2010 04:35 AM
    Hello Pierre and Chris,
    Apologies for cluttering the listserv!

    And thanks for all your busy organizing - its really great to hear about the
    remote events being planned!

    I wanted to connect with you all to let you know my contact details and also
    to solicit participation in the discussion I will host during WEF in
    Palestine.  I will be in the West Bank during the forum and would like to
    both (1) partner with Arabic speakers to design the discussion so it is
    inclusive (I speak only French and English), and (2) potentially document
    the dialogue for expanded participation after the forum ;) My contact info
    is sbeardmore@...

    I would love to connect with people who can attend and help with translation
    into Arabic/English for this discussion (on Friday), and also with anyone
    who wants to:co-create some recording of the event. I am not able to do an
    expanded activity but think that participation can also happen via media
    after the event - the ripple effect! Suggestions for which
    listservs/blogs/archives/ngo's might be interested are welcome!

    Anyone want to create a: communique, narrative, graphic representations, ie.
    drawings, comics, photo essay, video, or audio, etc. all ideas welcome
    - -music - poetry - performance art?

    Who's down?
    Thanks for your support and being.
    Sarah

    *The event will be centered around sharing concrete advocacy strategies* to
    shape public policy including media, grassroots mobilization, policy
    research, speakers tours, lobbying and parliamentary, congressional
    engagement, etc, to catalyze policy change and mobilize funding to combat
    poverty and further universal quality education. Of primary importance is
    how we can deepen strategic partnerships across international boundaries to
    leverage international and domestic policy change.

     organizing the event:

    On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 7:18 PM, WEF Exp Team Pierre <facilitfsm@...>wrote:

> [...]
    >> but no response yet.  An Extended connection to either Haifa/ Palestine 48
    >> may
    >> not be possible, but we will keep trying.
    >>
    >> 4.  Co-operation in education and fragile settings - sharing recent
    >> experiences in Afghanistan, Colombia and Southern Sudan.  There is genuine
    >> interest in this activity in Adelaide, and we will contact IODC in
    >> Netherlands, to learn what is possible.
    >>
    >> To Pierre, can you suggest a Skype time soon to finalise arrangements for
    >> Extended Workshop #505?
    >>

    > >> i am accessible by skype in the evenings of paris   -ie in the morning
    > of (up to 9am adelaide)
    > For the moment i wish to stress that  the main uncertainty is the absence
    > of a concrete wefexpanded team in Ramallah,  that would be taking good care
    > of the equipment of rooms
    > Working on this issue , but with little visibility still  ,

    • From Adelaide / comete

      from pierre on Oct 08, 2010 06:30 AM
      Hello Sarah!!

      Thanks for your input , any cooperation for the after WEF  that can be made
      through this list is welcome!

      We have as first priority a  program to stabilize until sunday10th   and i
      would suggest that you, being in Palestine,   first clarify what kind of
      interest and support you can bring to help expanded activities " happen"

      This can be expressed through direct questions - thanks Sarah Chris for
      receiiveng  them as an example ....

      1/ Sarah,  assuming your own activity is not scheduled in the same slot (
      75% chance it will not be ) , are you (or other people you might know in
      palestine )  willing to come and participate, in the time slot 12am on 29 tj
      in Ramallah and interact with the australians /Chris in a distance encounter
      they are proposing Decentralised education: opportunities and experiences
      from Palestine and Asia <http://wef-palestine.org/node/505>

      2/ if s,o would you (or other people you might know in palestine
      organisations ) be ready to give a technical hand or bring a video projector
      if you have one for your activity ( we hope to have a wef expanded team
      taking care of this, but we have no signals from palestine as of now , and
      having counterpart will give chris  greater confidence that something will
      happen anyway ) ,
      http://openfsm.net/projects/wef-in-palestine-process/expanded-activities-time-table-in-palestine/#_Toc273684425

      ;-)
      Pierre