ENGLISH
thank pierre for the clarification

but, le me repeat my question a little clearer:

the link is a list of email addresses, in some cases there are no other names or there is just the name of an organization

also, some time back it's been asked to all in the list to reply to the test message to see if they received the emails, of the almost 40 emails in the list we only received a few responses. what does this mean? are people getting the messages? are people rightly in this list or confusion has happened when signing up? or...?

so again, i think that it would be nice if we clarified to each other who is in this group, how much time do we have, what we would like to contribute in terms of the tasks that we discussed (or any tasks we might want to add to the current discussion etc).

CASTELLANO
pierre gracias por la clarificacion

pero, yo repito mi cuestion aclarando un poco mas:

la lista del link es una lista de correos, en algunos casos hay nombres en otros no, en alguno el nombre de una organizacion

ademas, hace algun tiempo pedimos que tod@s contestaran para ver si recibian los correos, de las casi 40 direcciones de correo solo recibimos unas cuantas respuestas. que quiere decir esto?

entonce otra vez, seria bueno si aclarariamos quien esta en este grupo,, cuanto tiempo tiene, y cual serian sus deseos en terminos de la tareas que vamos discutiendo (o de cualquiera tarea les parezca se necesite anadir a la discusion).

On 21 August 2012 15:53, Pierre George <pierregrg@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello everyone

EN - As an answer to Giuseppe basic question "who is on the group ?"
check this link- if other people want to come  either gina  helio or me can include them with their email adress
http://openfsm.net/projects/wsfic_fsmci/lists/wg-about-future/membership

As Gina said in her facilitating text, am working on /around a  review protocol inside IC
Hope to release something in the coming days

ES respondiendo a Giuseppe  sobre "quien esta en el grupo "
http://openfsm.net/projects/wsfic_fsmci/lists/wg-about-future/membership
si hay mas personas que quieren participar gina helio y yo podemos incluirlas con su correo electronico

Como dice Gina en su texto de facilitacion, estoy "dandole vueltas" a un protocolo de revista en el CI - espero mandar algo  en los proximos dias

:-)
Pierre

2012/8/21 Giuseppe Caruso <giu.caruso@gmail.com>
Only in English

Perdon a todas pero no puedo traducir al castellano esta vez, estoy agotado con el trabajo

gina thank you so much for this, it is a great way to put what has happened so far into a workable agenda. i find the three moments a good way to start working. so let us indeed. i write below few questions and my understanding of what needs to be done in practice to respond to your input:

my questions are:

1. it is not clear yet to me who is in this group and the languages spoken: how many are we? how much work can anyone put into this?

2. subgroups are perhaps the only way in which we can carry out the tasks that you highlight gina: single language groups can work fast and effectively and later share material that will be translated

3. on the detailed points you sent us:

            a. it is possible to compile from your report of the working group in monastir, what are the issues people want this group to address. so we could list them and draft possible approaches to them (of course more can be added by members of this group at any time)

             b. membership, very basic task: is helio happy to do this as you suggest? is there anyway any of us can help you Helio

             c. rules! well i perhaps prefer to call them guidelines... Chico's document is dense of the memory of the IC and how protocols of participation and inclusion had been formalised (who sits where, who speaks when etc.). I add that our movements have an extraordinary tradition of democratic meeting and decision-making, their experiences could be gleaned to contribute to how we run our meetings etc. (my general impression is that we have discarded a couple of centuries of experience in that sense... and tried to reinvent the wheel at times...)

4. collecting and discussing the core documents of the process and discuss them (and perhaps formulate one document that is a distilled of those and can work as premise or something to the document we are producing)

In Practice
it seems that these are the things that could be done to respond to your input Gina

a. collecting membership information (to do what with it? perhaps engage each member at a time, call them ask them why they are or are not participating and what would they like to see changed in the IC? this could be fun indeed),

b. draft guidelines for meetings, decision making, sub-groups etc. (to do this perhaps research decision-making among activist groups across the globe),

c. compile the "culture of the ic" through its main documents (perhaps with in mind to draft a unique document to add to our final piece of work)

d. list all the things people have listed so far in terms of limitations of the IC organisational architecture and dynamics

e. imagine a possible architecture for the IC that according to us responds to all the above work

I am prepared to put work in these tasks of course... and i may have more time than others (as i am unemployed - i guess you say in between projects nowadays - at the moment)

abrazos
giuseppe

P.S. i am finishing to edit my book on the wsf (long overdue). the manuscript for the editor (INTO publishing) will be ready soon. There are several sections that are relevant to the work of this group... should you be interested in reading it i can send anyone who so wishes a copy. the book will be soon available in a free soft format (free as in free speech and as in free beer) on the publishers website, more on this later...

On 21 August 2012 00:24, rita freire <ritafreir@gmail.com> wrote:
Thank you Gina, for this facilitation. I am reading everything,
between some meetings these days. I will send some sugestions/opinion
as soon I can.

Gracias Gina, por la faciliación. Tengo leído todo, mientras tomo
parte de unos encuentros por esta semana. Voy a envyar mis
sugestiones/ opiniones muy pronto. On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 5:41 PM,
gina vargas <ginvargas@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> as posible
>
> amig@s, estoy enviando algunas ideas en el docuemtno anexado; por favor
> respondan pronto
>

> Gina
>

> 2012/8/19 Francine Mestrum <mestrum@skynet.be>
>>
>> (Inglès: ver abajo)
>>

>> Muchisimas gracias Gina por todo el trabajo!
>>
>> Es muy interesante tu document, pero me preocupa las pocas reacciones que
>> suscita.
>>

>> Me pregunto si no podria ser por la formulacion de tus dos propuestas:
>>

>> -          El protocol
>>
>> -          El plan de trabajo
>>
>> Yo no estoy muy segura de entender correctamente lo que quiere decir. El
>> protocol: se trata de establecer las ‘reglas del juego’ de nuestro grupo?
>>
>> Y el ‘plan de trabajo’: las distintas tareas con las responsabilidades?
>>

>> No me parece Buena idea de divider el trabajo en distintos grupos, seria
>> una fragmentacion mas, es algo que tenemos que evitar.
>>

>> En cuanto a CI o grupo de trabajo: pienso que Chico y Liege tienen razon.
>> Por un lado, porque tener un grupo de trabajo si mandamos todas las
>> infoirmaciones a todos/todas? Por otro lado, pienso que los miembros del CI
>> tienen una necesidad/voluntad de expresar sus frustraciones, seria un
>> ejercicio de ‘catarsis’, pero van a hacerlo por escrito? Eso lo dudo …
>>

>> Quizas que en primer lugar todos los miembros del grupo tendrian que
>> mencionar cuales puntos piensan que tienen que ser discutidos?
>>
>> Quizas trabajar con un cuestionario?
>>

>> No sé si esas reflexiones pueden ayudar a progresar …
>>

>> Esperando las noticias.
>>

>> Francine
>>

>> Thank you very much Gina for all the work done.
>>
>> Your document is very interesting, though I am worried about the lack of
>> reactions …
>>
>> I woner if it could be linked to the working or your two proposals:
>>
>> -          Protocol
>>
>> -          A working plan
>>
>> I am not sure I understand them well. Protocol: do you think of the ‘rules
>> of the game’ our working-group has to follow and respect?
>>
>> Working plan: do you think of a list of different tasks with
>> responsibilities?
>>

>> I do not think it would be a good idea to split up in different
>> sub-groups, this would me even more fragmentation, something we have to
>> avoid, I think.
>>
>> Concerning IC and/or working-group: I think both Chico and Liege are
>> right. On the one hand, it is no use to have a working group if all messages
>> go to the whole of the IC. On the other hand, I think there also is a need
>> for all members of the IC to espress their frustrations, it coule be a kind
>> of ‘catharsis’, though I am not sure they will do this in writing …
>>

>> Maybe the first thing to do is ask all members of the working-group to
>> send a list of points they think will have to be discussed with priority?
>>
>> Maybe we should work with a questionnaire?
>>

>> Well, I do not know if these reflections are going to help …

Archive: http://openfsm.net/projects/wsfic_fsmci/lists/wg-about-future/archive/2012/08/1345497908544

Dr. Giuseppe Caruso
Post-Doctoral Researcher
Erik Castrén Institute of International Law and Human Rights - University of Helsinki
PO Box 4 (Yliopistonkatu, 3)
00014 Helsinki - Finland
email: giu.caruso@gmail.com
giuseppe.caruso@helsinki.fi
tel. +358 9191 23525

--
Archive: http://openfsm.net/[…]/1345539901961

Archive: http://openfsm.net/[…]/1345553606314

Dr. Giuseppe Caruso
Post-Doctoral Researcher
Erik Castrén Institute of International Law and Human Rights - University of Helsinki
PO Box 4 (Yliopistonkatu, 3)
00014 Helsinki - Finland
email: giu.caruso@gmail.com
giuseppe.caruso@helsinki.fi