• 2011movements-fsm discussion

For those going to Tunis, think twice your phone company

from Sol on Mar 21, 2013 11:24 AM

For those going to Tunis, please read below...

-----Original Message-----
From: Feroz Mehdi [mailto:feroz@...
<mailto:feroz@...>]
Sent: March-18-13 <tel:18-13> 4:14 PM
To: Meera Karunananthan
Subject: phone in Tunis

Proposed action for all participants to the WSF in Tunis
http://www.fsm2013.org/fr/node/11430

As you probably know, the international BDS campaign condemns the
partnership established by the French company France Telecom Orange with
the Israeli company Partner, to install telephone lines for settlements
and the army in the occupied Palestinian territories. One WSF workshop
(at least) will address this issue.

It has been reported that promotions by phone companies operating in
Tunisia, including Orange, aim at providing travelers, coming off the
plane in Tunis, with free chips for their mobile phone, with a few hours
of free calls.

We ask all participants and activists to denounce the involvement of the
Orange company serving the Israeli colonization.

We inform WSF participants and activists that an agreement has been
reached with Tunisie Telecom for free chips to be offered to
participants of the WSF.

We therefore ask you to:

1) forward this message to all participants that you know, mailing
lists, websites etc..

2) organize or participate in protests at the airport, with leaflets
explaining this action. The message of this leaflet is simple:
"Orange has signed a partnership with the Israeli company Partner that
installs telephone relays for the Israeli army and settlers in the
Palestinian territories occupied since 1967 <tel:1967>. We refuse to use
Orange chips, as long as this company stays complicit with the Israeli
colonization and occupation of Palestine."

Thanks for your help and your comments.

In solidarity,
The French BDS Campaign

--
Feroz Mehdi
Middle East and Asia Program

--
Dorothy-Grace M. Guerrero
Programme Coordinator

4th. flr. Rm. 307 Wisit Prachuabmoh Bldg.
CUSRI Chulalongkorn University
Phyathai Road, 10330
Bangkok, Thailand

Mobile: (+66) (0)85 2177937