• Communication commission discussion

Re: Social Forums Stractegy on Technology

from Peter Waterman on Jan 22, 2009 10:48 PM
Well, Mayo, I'm not sure whether to bring my Ancee Zero Band WSF
Alternative Non-Receiver to have shoes thrown at it, or to use it as a
shoe to throw at somebody or something.

But I AM bringing it (there are presently two in the house I am staying
in, in (sorry, can't mention where in case the US bombs it or the
Israelis put a wall round it and then bomb it).

I am hoping that, if I persist, my Ancee will become a treasured
movement artefact and be auctioned at an unimaginable price in
use-value tokens, which I will then pass on to...umm...Babel?..the
Communications Commission?

All suggestions welcome!

Peter W

Mayo FM wrote:
> Hello! Halo! Hola! Ciao!
>
> I hope that you are happy and fine!
>
> Please see below the description on a seminar to reflect on the Social Forum strategy regarding technology at Belem. It will take place on the 30th at the second slot.
>
> It is a good opportunity to do an evaluation on the past experiences and the strategy to develop after Belem among the people who have been involved in communication and web teams at the Forums to reflect together with Forum participants and potential users of the tools. Furthermore, new youth people coming from technological experiences (Wikipedia, Free Solfware projects etc) and the Free Culture movement are being movilised for it.
>
> Suggestions very welcome. A dinner to prepare the discussion will take place the 27 at 20pm at the Icamiaba Hotel (Rua O de Almeida, 476 Campina-Belem-PA). People willing to participate in the organization of the discussion at the seminar please come to the dinner or share your ideas.
>
> Please help to spread the word.
>
> Looking forward see you there!
>
> Salut and happyness! In solidarity! Mayo (At Belem I can be reach by sms at 0039-3345440747)
>
> “Social Forums 2.0? Towards Networked Politic: Technology and Knowledge”
> Seminar description:  The techno-tools provided by the Social Forums seems to have limited success. The goal of this seminar is to reflect on the strategy of Social Forums regarding technology and knowledge and to analyze and learn from the distinctive organizational form on youth experiences that do an extensive use of the new technology, such as Wikipedia and the Open/Free Software projects. Members of the Communications and web working groups of different Social Forums will be present together with people connected to the experiences of technological innovation and the Free Culture movements and movements for the universal access to knowledge.
>
> The methodology of the seminar will be a collective conversation and discussion where all participants play an active role.
>
> The seminar will take place 30 January 2009 - Second Slot. More practical information will be provided ones the final WSF program is ready.
>
> Here is the people who was suggested to encourage to participate and present a short introductory talk to the discussion.
>
> Members of the Communication Commission – WSF and ESF
> Elizabeth Stark (Students for Free Culture and Icommons, USA)
> Mayo Fuster Morell (Onlinecreation.info (Barcelona and Florence)
> Hilary Wainwright (Transnational Institute and Red Pepper)
> Beatriz Busaniche (Wikimedia 2009 and vialibre.org.ar, Argentina)
> Marco Berlinguer (Transform! Italia)
> Brendam Smith and Timothy Costello (Global Labor Strategies)
> David Harris (Global Voices and Institute for the Future (USA))
> Geraldo Campos (Brazil)
> Boaventura Do Sousa Santos
> Christophe Aguiton (France)
> Rodrigo Nunes (Turbulance Magazine)
> [...]